Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 9, 2013
How many miles will a vehicle last before it needs to be replaced?

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#2 Nov 9, 2013
It depends,if it is a Ford it should be replace the moment it leaves the lot.

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 9, 2013
FTW Yall wrote:
It depends,if it is a Ford it should be replace the moment it leaves the lot.
That is true. I previously owned a Ford Contour. It was indeed a lemon.
LMAO

Utica, NY

#5 Nov 9, 2013
If it's built in America, maybe 85,000 miles. If it's built anywhere else, probably 150,000

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#6 Nov 9, 2013
Ford wrote:
I have a ford van 20 years old with 275,000 mikes.
Ford makes junk trucks and engines. Chevy is the only way to go. More reliable,easier and cheaper to fix, more power and speed, more comfortable ride, and better paint (look at the rust on Fords compared to Chevy's). Ford trucks just have a mythology and image to them that people buy into but they are junk.

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#9 Nov 9, 2013
Ford wrote:
Straight 6 in ford van get a mechanic to give you an opinion. Way better and reliable than any crappie GM puts out. As I said my 20 year old ford van has 275,854 miles on it. Original engine and transmission. See if there is one Chevy van in Utica that can match that.
I'll give you the Ford straight 6 is reliable. That said,all straight 6's tend be. They are naturally balanced in all areas. Real trucks have V-8's not sixes. If Ford engines are so great how come Chevy dominates the race track???? How come Chevy dominates the marine industry (Mercury engines are Chevy's)??? I'll tell you why Ford engines suck!!

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#10 Nov 9, 2013
LMAO wrote:
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/1 0/28/consumer-reports-auto-rel iability-japan/
Foreign trucks are P.O.S. though. Nissan,Toyota,any foreign company makes crap trucks. Plus they are always ugly as hell.

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#11 Nov 9, 2013
Ford wrote:
Straight 6 in ford van get a mechanic to give you an opinion. Way better and reliable than any crappie GM puts out. As I said my 20 year old ford van has 275,854 miles on it. Original engine and transmission. See if there is one Chevy van in Utica that can match that.
I am a mechanic. Most mechanics hate Fords more than anybody. They are a bitch to work on and need work constantly.

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#13 Nov 9, 2013
Ford wrote:
You must be one of those mechanics who have tons of training and certificates but don't know anything. Change parts sell parts $$$$$$
Far from it. Been fixing and building motorcycles with dad since 10 years old. Rebuilt my first big block in Junior high.
Truth is Ford does not hold a candle to GM. The only thing they got is a slightly stronger chassis other than that they are in the dust. If you think Ford is so awesome give one good reason.

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#14 Nov 9, 2013
Ford wrote:
You must be one of those mechanics who have tons of training and certificates but don't know anything. Change parts sell parts $$$$$$
Plus, if that were the case I would love Fords because of the price for parts, the lengthy amount of time campared to GM to work on, and the frequency they need repairs. They are gold mines for those who work on them.
subaru wrx

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Nov 9, 2013
like you don't know this. subaru babe 250000+ IMPREZA WRX IM ON MY SECOND ONE! best car I ever had. low cost to maintain next to nothing. i bought them both brand new. love them. had a Toyota 250+ but not shit on my Subaru. ford is the poorest car. but now chevy has some tough trucks. good luck bro!
he knows nothing people

Rome, NY

#16 Nov 10, 2013
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>Far from it. Been fixing and building motorcycles with dad since 10 years old. Rebuilt my first big block in Junior high.
Truth is Ford does not hold a candle to GM. The only thing they got is a slightly stronger chassis other than that they are in the dust. If you think Ford is so awesome give one good reason.
you are so full of $hit your eyes are brown, you are just a brainwashed hick that likes to watch nascar while your sister goes down on you, if chevy is so good why did they have to be bailed out unlike, ford & toyota and other companies? why aren't they manly enough to have a solid axle up front like a REAL truck?, why could they never make a good diesel, theyre first 2 versions of a diesel engine was a typical 350 converted to diesel!!!, that's how -ucking swift they are,now they have a duramax diesel in them that are made in china(FACT),why do their frames hang 10 inches below the rest of the truck....fact is if you want a long lasting utility truck get a Toyota, if you want a REAL work truck then you NEED a Ford or Dodge, if you want your truck to ride like and have the same ground clearance as your wifes car then you buy a chevy....I have been in this game for a long time little man so you better do some homework before you come on here spewing off your inbred ignorance....I bet theres a lot of things you have been doing with your dad since you were 10 but we wont mention them here..littleman

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#17 Nov 10, 2013
he knows nothing people wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so full of $hit your eyes are brown, you are just a brainwashed hick that likes to watch nascar while your sister goes down on you, if chevy is so good why did they have to be bailed out unlike, ford & toyota and other companies? why aren't they manly enough to have a solid axle up front like a REAL truck?, why could they never make a good diesel, theyre first 2 versions of a diesel engine was a typical 350 converted to diesel!!!, that's how -ucking swift they are,now they have a duramax diesel in them that are made in china(FACT),why do their frames hang 10 inches below the rest of the truck....fact is if you want a long lasting utility truck get a Toyota, if you want a REAL work truck then you NEED a Ford or Dodge, if you want your truck to ride like and have the same ground clearance as your wifes car then you buy a chevy....I have been in this game for a long time little man so you better do some homework before you come on here spewing off your inbred ignorance....I bet theres a lot of things you have been doing with your dad since you were 10 but we wont mention them here..littleman
Look at Toyota's P.O.S. 6 speed tranny that everyone is having problems with. Chevy is behind on diesel for sure but in the gasoline department #1 in Aqmerica. My Z71GMC's ground clearance is just fine. Dodge's are decent except for the rattling and shaking. Decent truck but Dodge really needs to tighten things up and fix there interiors. Had as Dakota last over 200,000 loved the truck but it was loud and squeaky from all the vibration on the interior. The only inbred ignorance is all the Cope chewing hayseeds who love Fords so much. You don't need to through insults to defend Ford, just say what is so good about them. You can't. Look at the Firestone tire fiasco. Ford blamed the tire to skirt their own design flaws that caused those tires to fail even though they only failed on Fords. GMC and Chevy eat Fords for breakfast.
Frank

Utica, NY

#18 Nov 10, 2013
My Subaru has 327,538 miles and going strong. It's a 2002.
subaru wrx

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Nov 10, 2013
Frank wrote:
My Subaru has 327,538 miles and going strong. It's a 2002.
i know Subaru is the best too bad they don't make trucks I tell my dad this all the time!
Old Shamrock Lady

United States

#21 Nov 10, 2013
Don't you people talk bad about ford. I still have my original Model T. I bought it from Henry Ford himself.

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

#22 Nov 10, 2013
Old Shamrock Lady wrote:
Don't you people talk bad about ford. I still have my original Model T. I bought it from Henry Ford himself.
Want to sell so I can hot-rod it. To bad you're just trolling.
wrx

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Nov 10, 2013
Old Shamrock Lady wrote:
your wacked lady you got a model T! ya and I bet you still drive it around the city too eh! your wacked crazy old cun*!got news for you honey they don't make a ford like they used to!
Hector

United States

#24 Jan 6, 2014
My vehicles usually start to act up at around 100k.
PONTIAC

Austin, TX

#26 Jan 10, 2014
Poor Old (|)IGGER Thinks Its A Cadaliac!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
us care system/utica herkimer , surrounding area 41 min Witchy woman 1
WKTV reports on stories without ever checking f... 46 min news in CNY 14
Irish festival 49 min what 8
News Local radio personality leaves K-Rock 2 hr thatblows 1
Want to read something funny? 2 hr wow 1
Motorcycle noise (Apr '10) 2 hr 80sguy 111
rush 3 hr Mr Civics 88
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages