casino utica
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
casino

Carthage, NY

#1 Feb 13, 2013
http://www.uticaod.com/features/x930800060/De... look like my idea of a casino at the harbor caught the mayors ears.... their is also land along the river and barge that can conect to the harbor but the parking has to be looked at first you need alot of land fo this they will need two parking garages as big as the casino to cover everyone with off site parking for employes
casino

Carthage, NY

#2 Feb 13, 2013
in order th have a casino like turning stone we need land around 3000 feet square 9000,000, feet of land
CAS

Tully, NY

#3 Feb 13, 2013
There is no doubt that Vernon Downs should get a casino. In other words, be able to offer table games. Putting new casinos in upstate NY, unlss they are hours away from Vernon and other racins, makes absolutely no sense. If Cuomo is even considering this I would have to question his judgement and his he will not get my vote.

Vernon is already competeing with an entity that offers full gaming and it does not pay taxes. To put other casinos in cometition with racinos, especially Vernon Downs, is just stupid. The reason any of these tracks have racinos is because they were meant to help the horse racing industry (which also puts a lot of people to work).

Just give the racinos the ability to put in table games and forget about it. Done. They have already made investments into their facilities and should be given the opportunity to complete the process. Building new casinos makes no sense.

I read where some of the Indian casinos are crying foul if the state builds casinos that will compete with them because the state allowed for non-competition in their agreements (ths may not be true for Turning Stone). WTF!! But the state would allow new casinos to compete with racinos that are paying taxes???

This makes no sense and is actually ludicrous.

Come on Cuomo, do the right thing.
Tea Leaves

United States

#4 Feb 13, 2013
CAS wrote:
There is no doubt that Vernon Downs should get a casino. In other words, be able to offer table games. Putting new casinos in upstate NY, unlss they are hours away from Vernon and other racins, makes absolutely no sense. If Cuomo is even considering this I would have to question his judgement and his he will not get my vote.
Vernon is already competeing with an entity that offers full gaming and it does not pay taxes. To put other casinos in cometition with racinos, especially Vernon Downs, is just stupid. The reason any of these tracks have racinos is because they were meant to help the horse racing industry (which also puts a lot of people to work).
Just give the racinos the ability to put in table games and forget about it. Done. They have already made investments into their facilities and should be given the opportunity to complete the process. Building new casinos makes no sense.
I read where some of the Indian casinos are crying foul if the state builds casinos that will compete with them because the state allowed for non-competition in their agreements (ths may not be true for Turning Stone). WTF!! But the state would allow new casinos to compete with racinos that are paying taxes???
This makes no sense and is actually ludicrous.
Come on Cuomo, do the right thing.
The new state gaming board head Williams has already told people privately that he has already been told that Gural will be getting a license for Vernon by Cuomo himself and none of the Leg will have any say. Cuomo wants a Niagara casino first and Monticello and Vernon will be looking at them next. Unfortunately, with regard to Vernon, even though it's a good thing, Cuomo didn't do it for the "right" reasons, he did it to "punish" in OIN.
Either way my company wins.
CAS

Tully, NY

#5 Feb 13, 2013
Tea Leaves wrote:
<quoted text>The new state gaming board head Williams has already told people privately that he has already been told that Gural will be getting a license for Vernon by Cuomo himself and none of the Leg will have any say. Cuomo wants a Niagara casino first and Monticello and Vernon will be looking at them next. Unfortunately, with regard to Vernon, even though it's a good thing, Cuomo didn't do it for the "right" reasons, he did it to "punish" in OIN.
Either way my company wins.
A Niagara casino makes sense because it would keep money here that goes to Canada but I think the Senecas will have an issue with that. Saratoga would also makes sense becasue it would keep money here that is going to Connecticut. Perhaps Monticello is far enough away from NY City to get a gaming license. My assumption about why Cuomo is not including NY City is because Atlantic city gaming interests probably made a nice contribution to his re-election coffers. But that's just a guess.

Making gaming legal still has to be approved by two legislatures and voted on by the people of NY. I have already seen the claims that more gaming will lead to more social ills and problems as an argument to vote it down. I don't get that. People downstate have Atlantic City. People in the Eastern part of the state have Connecticut casinos. People in the Western part of the state have Indian and Canadian casinos. People in the Northern part of the state have Indiann and Canadian casinos. People in the center of the state have an Indian casino. What are these people talking about with "more gambling"? There is gambling available to everyone in this state now. The problem is that most of the money is leaving it.

casino

Carthage, NY

#6 Feb 14, 2013
rome air port needs to get up and working period bring them in for casino in utica ny 15 min ride down rt 49 to utica casino or take rt 365 to vernon downs people from the chip plant shipping and reciveing rome air base ,, shipping for dhl fed ex ups usps all will start comeing a rail way goes into the air base and can rail people to utia rail right next to harbor point utica ny so may ways oneida county will make money fro the airport and it has veins of roads going out and in with zero back ups with cars if you remmember woodstock cars went in and our fast because the army air force made it this way for war reasons to get troops in and out fast
casino

Carthage, NY

#7 Feb 14, 2013
i hope the mayors letter showed everything the jobs we lost the air base and the benifits of the base and the building of it to be a huge money maker for the county with the help of the casino utica and vernon downs all working to get people flying here cheep and flying out cheep i hate going to syrcuse ny and alban to fly 15 min bam people should be writing cumuo and roann
State worker

Herkimer, NY

#8 Feb 14, 2013
CAS wrote:
There is no doubt that Vernon Downs should get a casino. In other words, be able to offer table games. Putting new casinos in upstate NY, unlss they are hours away from Vernon and other racins, makes absolutely no sense. If Cuomo is even considering this I would have to question his judgement and his he will not get my vote.
Vernon is already competeing with an entity that offers full gaming and it does not pay taxes. To put other casinos in cometition with racinos, especially Vernon Downs, is just stupid. The reason any of these tracks have racinos is because they were meant to help the horse racing industry (which also puts a lot of people to work).
Just give the racinos the ability to put in table games and forget about it. Done. They have already made investments into their facilities and should be given the opportunity to complete the process. Building new casinos makes no sense.
I read where some of the Indian casinos are crying foul if the state builds casinos that will compete with them because the state allowed for non-competition in their agreements (ths may not be true for Turning Stone). WTF!! But the state would allow new casinos to compete with racinos that are paying taxes???
This makes no sense and is actually ludicrous.
Come on Cuomo, do the right thing.
the state is issuing three licenses. One will be Saratoga, another Monticello, and the last will be Binghamton or buffalo area. Binghamton is in the lead because buffalo has income to the state for the Indian casinos. Racinos are NOT casinos, they are New York State lottery. Big difference.
casino

Carthage, NY

#9 Feb 14, 2013
State worker wrote:
<quoted text>the state is issuing three licenses. One will be Saratoga, another Monticello, and the last will be Binghamton or buffalo area. Binghamton is in the lead because buffalo has income to the state for the Indian casinos. Racinos are NOT casinos, they are New York State lottery. Big difference.
utica is the best spot its right in the center of ny it has the thruway and a air port in the makeing in rome with an express way to utica and turningstone with a railway also,,, also the barge canal thousands of boaters boat from NYC and other citys and will dock their boats to sleep and or game at the utica casino
steak

Utica, NY

#10 Feb 14, 2013
Never gonna happenn
John

Utica, NY

#11 Feb 14, 2013
Utica is the last place in NY. Utica is a dumb.
why

Utica, NY

#12 Feb 14, 2013
In the hell would you put a casino in utica, not to mention new york does not need more casinos, they are just big trouble.
casino

Carthage, NY

#13 Feb 14, 2013
why wrote:
In the hell would you put a casino in utica, not to mention new york does not need more casinos, they are just big trouble.
because a utica location will grab all the people comeing from the east going to turning stone duh
GoAhead

Carthage, NY

#14 Feb 15, 2013
Utica would be a great place for a casino. Directly in the center of the state. It will drag people away from the turning stone and bring people here. Downtown would be an ideal place but there is no place for it. So the Harbor in North Utica is definitly the next best thing. They can make parking and design a nice place on the waterfront.
casino

Carthage, NY

#15 Feb 15, 2013
GoAhead wrote:
Utica would be a great place for a casino. Directly in the center of the state. It will drag people away from the turning stone and bring people here. Downtown would be an ideal place but there is no place for it. So the Harbor in North Utica is definitly the next best thing. They can make parking and design a nice place on the waterfront.
a nice place would be the casino the harbor can be a spot for RV boats with some trees the casino for gameing and a indoor ballpark would be nice with the casino for entertanment this would boost the air line in rome the chipp plant the barge canal because people will take their boats to go to casino
kamakazell

Manlius, NY

#16 Feb 15, 2013
The only thing coming to Utica is Bankruptcy
casino

Carthage, NY

#17 Feb 15, 2013
kamakazell wrote:
The only thing coming to Utica is Bankruptcy
and thats a good reason for the gov. to bring the casino here we used to be a huge city and utica is the best canadate
kamakazell

Manlius, NY

#18 Feb 15, 2013
Nothing comes to Utica because of nit wit political figures who get elected and the first words that come out of their mouths is "What is in it for Me". NO one in their right mind would want to invest in Utica with the political atmosphere caused by jerk off elected officials like we have in office now. Cuomo can not stand Utica elected officials and you can not blame him
Natural

Utica, NY

#19 Feb 15, 2013
The Welfare city lands a casino!!!!
R u kidding me,all the welfare people could piss away all there money.While the few people who work and try to do the right thing suffer.It would only create more crime and drug use,not to mention more bankruptcies.
casino

Carthage, NY

#20 Feb 15, 2013
Natural wrote:
The Welfare city lands a casino!!!!
R u kidding me,all the welfare people could piss away all there money.While the few people who work and try to do the right thing suffer.It would only create more crime and drug use,not to mention more bankruptcies.
is it against the law to offer an incentive for the bums to move out i see local leaders saying they cant use benifit cards for casino so maybe they will move or if we tested them for drugs they will move this is what other states are doing to move them out they test them for drugs and then they move out prob to ny we have to find a way to have them move on their own test them then tell them they will lose the benifits and it wont be reported but they have an amount of time to move and give them info on other states with benifits a state that needs people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
o.j. simpson parole hearing 5 min t POLITIX 1
Drug Dealer found in UTICA 13 min where da pot at 3
A murder and years later no answers 24 min I know the killer 4
Swampdrivers Band (Aug '16) 24 min Notes 63
Dr. Talarico Married to LaBella's Cousin (Jun '09) 36 min Newsy 88
mb,np 41 min Hamilton 14
MEOLA vs. Marino 45 min Vince McMahon 8
Claudia Bad Mouthing 1 hr Stag 31
Police Cover-up in New Hartford 2 hr Sir Osis 46
Wegmans Coming To Whitesboro 6 hr TheSlobSeemann 139
Keeler calls Joe Marino (Utica Councilman) out ... 6 hr Wtf 112

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages