Sam

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

To many needy students, No need ESL classes, remove Refugees from the Utica school taxes will go down,
Uticas Egos

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Hopefully someday they can be number one!
Sam

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Uticas Egos wrote:
Hopefully someday they can be number one!
In Five years The Utica City Schools will be number one Fiscally Stressed Schools system thanks to all the people on WELFARE
Uticas Egos

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
In Five years The Utica City Schools will be number one Fiscally Stressed Schools system thanks to all the people on WELFARE
Yes. That's definitely the number one reason! Lol!
cuzrun

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2014

With Albany being the highest crime dump in the state, they should just teach waxing cars and , cash register opening.

Want proof, just ask the failure from Albany that doesn't even know anything about a PC an can't afford a cell phone with tethering.

How about we have the rash explain what he does that a mentally challenged person couldn't do.

Hold on for the dodge. Your up Utica Ego failure, or I mean Albany failure.
Uticas Egos

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

cuzrun wrote:
With Albany being the highest crime dump in the state, they should just teach waxing cars and , cash register opening.
Want proof, just ask the failure from Albany that doesn't even know anything about a PC an can't afford a cell phone with tethering.
How about we have the rash explain what he does that a mentally challenged person couldn't do.
Hold on for the dodge. Your up Utica Ego failure, or I mean Albany failure.
Says the gutless wonder. Look where you live. Lol!
Fed Up

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

If half the city's residents are on welfare, and say 45% of that half are able bodied individuals that should be employed how are they living here? How are land lords letting people who have no means of income able to rent? Is there no background checks? Financial History, credit report, Proof of income, etc...? Do certain land lords look at the benefits card and welfare and say oh well just come on in, you're the type of resident we've been looking for. Do some landlords prefer welfare? Do they get extra money to let those types rent (tax write offs, county money, what?)? Im an idiot on this matter and would like to know? Damnit. I had to prove my worth to rent and own, and sometimes I didn't get a certain place cause I didn't make enough to live there. Cut and Dry. Every area has its poor and people who need assistance, but how can an entire city be overcome and have half its population on welfare, which means only half the residents pay taxes?!?! Who can do anything about this? Who? God Damnit! Back in the day when JFK, UFA, Proctor, Utica had three high schools and a hell of a better education system and some pride. Hell I even know a few folks who went on from UFA to go to Princeton, Harvard, Yale. Now I doubt half of these nit wits can make it in to MVCC. Damnit! And MVCC is a good community college don't get me wrong. But....GOD Damnit! Somebody clean up this city, Jesus Christ God Damnit!
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2014

Why is the Utica City School District fiscally distressed?
Could it possibly be because of union benefits like those described here?

http://www.uticaod.com/x231950137/New-Utica-t...

"The districtís current budget is about $130 million. Technically, covering the retiree benefits in full could mean a 50 percent increase in the tax levy, according to district figures explaining how spending increases affect the amount raised in taxes.

Failure to set aside money for the new benefits could put the school districtís bond rating at risk of dropping, experts said. Utica is not alone in wrestling with how to pay for retiree benefits, but it made a conscious decision 16 months ago to extend such benefits, one analyst said.

ďThe contract took an expenditure that was going to be basically flat and increased it by a factor of almost three,Ē said Lise Bang-Jensen, senior policy analyst for the Empire Center for New York State Policy, a group thatís been critical of the impact of generous public employee benefits."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 4 min gonefishing 41
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 6 min Bebo 40
utica aud 22 min sticks 35 57
aau age or grade 43 min Dr Answer 18
Bankruptcy is Utica's Only Hope to Rebound. (Feb '10) 43 min Escape from New H... 8
Oneida County's Vision 2020 . . . 47 min Escape from New H... 3
Tier 6 Pension Plan Will Hurt Teacher Recruitment! (Feb '12) 55 min cynbriar 115
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 10 hr KUCLER 91
utica national (Jun '13) 16 hr secrets 514

Search the Utica Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE