irish vs italian...
truthornot

Montréal, Canada

#238 Jun 7, 2011
u can rant on about irish this and irish that, however truth be told the world sees the irish as a bunch of drunks!

where is the destination everyone want to vacation to: ITALY

what do people want to eat: ITALIAN

what is everyone's dream car: FERRARI

no f'ing forget it, let's go for irish food? wow, what's today's special: POUNDED CHICKEN prepared with whiskey, f'ing irish garbage.
doogie

Montréal, Canada

#239 Jun 7, 2011
jeje, more like pounded chicken with rhum :)2373
Kielbasa Kid

Schenectady, NY

#240 Jun 7, 2011
"The Irish are clean smart,funny ,wonderful writers,teachers,cooks and have the best humor.They make the best friends ,employers,employees,lovers etc.Italians make alots of pasta ,get fat,make fools out of their sons beat their wifes and gamble.So I guess Irish are better.Just saying.Oh and Italian women are loose and gross."

...The Irish in Utica are slow,dull, stupid, lazy drunks.
But their wives, daughters and sisters can suck the paint off a pool cue. I wouldn't bang one without 3 rubbers, though.
Christian I

Stockton, CA

#241 Jun 14, 2011
Italians are far superior to Irish in a collection of areas.
Italians have excellent food that is appreciated worldwide and contributes to Continental Cuisine.
Irish food is bland, tasteless and lacks any originality. What variants of a potato can you create? Really?
Italians have the most sought after sports cars that have rivaled any Car manufacterer in history.
Irish never made or built cars. They get hand-me downs from Britain.
Italians have excelled in science, art, mathematics and literature: Galileo, DaVinci, Fibonacci, Michelangelo, Cicero, etc.
Italians have exotic women with a wide combination of physical traits and skin tones.
Irish women are usually very pale, plain featured, with a washed out complexion.

Italians are far superior in many facets. If anyone ascribes Italians to the mafia or organized crime, I have a message for you. Mafia was a Hollywood character device used to vilify Italians. In reality less than .3% of the Italian population was involved in some mob activity. That only occured in Sicily. anyone who correlates Italian people to the mob are ignorant fools who watch too much TV and movies. That is pure fiction!
italianstallion

Montréal, Canada

#242 Jun 14, 2011
im from montreal, canada. as an italian canadian i can honestly say that i have seen a lot of irish-italian marriages, here in montreal and especially in boston and surroundings. in a marriage it is when one thinks they are better than the other that the marriage does not work as instead of working in harmony the partners compete against each other with a predictable outcome.

italians and irish love to go at it but can be the best of friends, and that is the way i like it.
irish gal

Seneca Falls, NY

#243 Jun 14, 2011
Do your italian history, it speaks volumns of a disorganized mixed ethnic groups of peoples. The only organized region is northern italy which the austrians ruled and built up.
Both

Cortland, NY

#244 Jun 14, 2011
Both have some good and some bad but the Irish win because as a rule they are nicer,smarter and much cleaner.When they get together The Irish bring out the best in the Italians everytime so an Italian married to an Irish person is great.
irish

Seneca Falls, NY

#245 Jun 15, 2011
I think italian people are great, I just dont care for big mouth, arrogant, flashy gumbas.
Nekki

Dallas, TX

#246 Jun 25, 2011
Italians are the best!full of heart class and tradition!nothing agnist irish though.
mrb

New Hartford, NY

#247 Jun 25, 2011
The Irish were here first....Get over it!
east side italian

Lake Placid, NY

#248 Jun 25, 2011
the italians built this area and made it safe for families and business . they worked together and took care of each other . they had faith . now what do we have slumlords and decay .look around people , its sad to see what we built turned into crap by people who dont deserve all they get

“Halt die Klappe und kuss mich”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#249 Jun 25, 2011
I'm neither Irish or Italian....obviously! But what is the purpose of this question? Other than to cause tension between the Italian & Irish.

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Rome, NY

#250 Jun 25, 2011
I think America has benefitted from all foreigners, thats what makes us unique. Our fathers all have shaped this nation in one way or another

“When Irish Eyes are Smiling..”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Watch Out!

#251 Jun 25, 2011
I so agree with Rarerose 29 and Bazil5. Great posts. Thanks.

“Live, Laugh, Love <3”

Level 1

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#252 Jun 26, 2011
RarestRose29 wrote:
I'm neither Irish or Italian....obviously! But what is the purpose of this question? Other than to cause tension between the Italian & Irish.
This.
Gregorio

Dublin, Ireland

#253 Dec 13, 2011
Italian Mom. Irish Dad. So much bs about Irish v Iti! Both inter-marry more than any other. All this Mafia/IRA bs! It's Like Scorsese said "most of my movies woulda been about the Irish had they been better looking". As for the crackers-leave them to Jesus. Why not be prouder of being Irish or Italian. Two of the worlds most ancient cultures. I'm so impressed with all this lucky charm American commentary. One of the reasons the rest of the world think you are idiots! Keep proving it.
Jeremy

Dayton, OH

#254 Jan 7, 2012
I'm half Irish and half Italian. Here's some of what I've gathered, both from family experience and from cultural experience:

It's true that the Italians have a lot to offer. Great food. Historically, they've shown great sculpture and architecture. I suppose some would say clothing and cars, but I can't afford them, so I wouldn't know.

I love and am proud of my Irish heritage. It's my opinion that the Irish are more loyal. Speaking from family experience alone, the Irish side of my family has a lot of love to go around, whereas the Italian side of my family have shown to be selfish and greedy.

That's not to say that every family doesn't have love, but if I had a choice, I'd want an Irishman at my side.

“Live, Laugh, Love <3”

Level 1

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#255 Jan 8, 2012
Jeremy wrote:
I'm half Irish and half Italian. Here's some of what I've gathered, both from family experience and from cultural experience:
It's true that the Italians have a lot to offer. Great food. Historically, they've shown great sculpture and architecture. I suppose some would say clothing and cars, but I can't afford them, so I wouldn't know.
I love and am proud of my Irish heritage. It's my opinion that the Irish are more loyal. Speaking from family experience alone, the Irish side of my family has a lot of love to go around, whereas the Italian side of my family have shown to be selfish and greedy.
That's not to say that every family doesn't have love, but if I had a choice, I'd want an Irishman at my side.
LOL for my family, it's the exact opposite. XD
joepescifan

Woburn, MA

#256 Mar 16, 2012
you idiots wrote:
If we were born here in the USA then we're all AMERICANS!!! Not Italians, not Irish, not German or Polish. AMERICANS!!
good point!
joepescifan

Woburn, MA

#257 Mar 16, 2012
Both irish and italian have their share of drinking, anyone can drink. us italians have big noses thats most definately sure! We care for anyone that returns the favor, if one of our relatives comes to our house we'll bug the shit out of them to make something to eat. i can admit that my italian family takes everything seriously, we dont like being joked with yet we can joke around with other people its just some hipocritical shit like that. but i have irish friends and i gotta admit theyre more athletic and better fighters. but of course im comparing apples to oranges here. We're all american, are we not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scumbag Chris Gordon Arrested on Felony Fraud C... 42 min Vincent Scalise 1
rush 46 min Mr Civics 94
News Utica man arrested for allegedly stealing over ... 55 min Jerks 1
Bernie sanders 1 hr Bob 2
vote no on whitesboro fire consolidation 1 hr Please 11
Debate: Marijuana - Utica, NY (Aug '10) 2 hr Chato 308
neurologist 3 hr wondering 1
Teachers need to be drug tested ! 8 hr spouting 17
News Local radio personality leaves K-Rock 16 hr thatblows 6
More from around the web