Destito asks Jets officials to scout facilities at Utica College

Apr 6, 2009 Full story: WKTV - News - Local 16

UTICA, N.Y. - Following a meeting Friday with Utica College President Dr. Todd Hutton and representatives of the collegea s athletic programs, Assemblywoman RoAnn M. Destito wrote to New York Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan, asking him to consider Utica College as the site for its summer training facility.

Full Story
Sweet

Buffalo, NY

#1 Apr 15, 2009
Would be nice but I dont see it happening, Glad she is trying though
Really

Ithaca, NY

#2 Apr 16, 2009
I will feel sorry for the Jets if they select Utica College. The AD is the real president since Todd Hutton only does what that tool for AD says. They do not have one coach that really understands the sports. Plus, the coach's statement made a nice powerpoint presentation - is he for real??
White Working Man

United States

#3 Apr 16, 2009
Sweet wrote:
Would be nice but I dont see it happening, Glad she is trying though
I'm glad Roanne is still fat!
knows the score

Poplar Ridge, NY

#4 Apr 16, 2009
just to set the record straight for the miss informed writter before me .....first of all utica college has grown leaps and bounds under todd hutton ..approching university status very soon . tkae your blinders off buddy ..U C is nationally known for its criminal justice and E C I programs ..in fact in the NEW criminal justice building F B I agents are on site working WITH U C students . as for the football thing ...U C has state of the art weight rooms and practice facilities . they use the same food service as the jets do .and ALL of this is walking distance for the players ..and oh ...the NEW dorms are like 6 star hotels (built under the watch of todd hutton U C is EVERYTHING the jets are looking for . st john fisher holds the Bills and U C has every bit the facilities they do ,,,its just a matter of getting the word out there . do you know what this would do to local trade ?? too bad all we have is near sighted uninformed people who can only feel good about themselves by knocking everything and everyone else down , i fell sorry for you .myou are WAY out of touch on this ! oh and by the way ,,the football coach that doesnt understand sports ??..he has a championship ring do you ??
Low Grade

Myrtle Beach, SC

#5 Apr 16, 2009
Hopefully you do not publicize too much for them, your writing structure resembles that of a third grader. Recent UC grad?
Harshness rules

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Apr 16, 2009
I guess this means her tryout with the Jets is off?
Real nice

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Apr 17, 2009
So this is what she thinks about sitting down in Albany all day? Time for her to go!
Ball Player

New York, NY

#8 Apr 17, 2009
knows the score wrote:
just to set the record straight for the miss informed writter before me .....first of all utica college has grown leaps and bounds under todd hutton ..approching university status very soon . tkae your blinders off buddy ..U C is nationally known for its criminal justice and E C I programs ..in fact in the NEW criminal justice building F B I agents are on site working WITH U C students . as for the football thing ...U C has state of the art weight rooms and practice facilities . they use the same food service as the jets do .and ALL of this is walking distance for the players ..and oh ...the NEW dorms are like 6 star hotels (built under the watch of todd hutton U C is EVERYTHING the jets are looking for . st john fisher holds the Bills and U C has every bit the facilities they do ,,,its just a matter of getting the word out there . do you know what this would do to local trade ?? too bad all we have is near sighted uninformed people who can only feel good about themselves by knocking everything and everyone else down , i fell sorry for you .myou are WAY out of touch on this ! oh and by the way ,,the football coach that doesnt understand sports ??..he has a championship ring do you ??
And, so where were the locals when this all started? The Syracuse papers had this weeks before possibly going to Cortland. Seems like the local officials were a little slow out of the gate again. This is typical of the local leaders. Never late for a free lunch though.
Utica

New York, NY

#9 Apr 17, 2009
I work at the college in an area that would be greatly impacted if the Jets were to have the training camp there and UC was NOWHERE near equipped to handle a professional sports team for any extended length of time.

Apparently you've never been to a fancy hotel because the new RESIDENCE HALLS are not like "six star hotels." They're nice. Period. Did you ever think for a moment that someone might have already reserved some space in the residence halls? Three words: "teenagers" and "Air France."

You don't know the score. After reading this post, I highly doubt you know much of anything.
knows the score wrote:
wboro

Ithaca, NY

#10 Apr 17, 2009
maybe ro and her pals should be trying to put their efforts to getting that tech center here and bring in some jobs
Sick Of It

New York, NY

#11 Apr 17, 2009
wboro wrote:
maybe ro and her pals should be trying to put their efforts to getting that tech center here and bring in some jobs
Now that's funny - RoAnn actually accomplishing something.

Here's a quiz - name something meaningful Ms Destito has accomplished? She's always been in the majority, backed Shelly at the expense of Upstate and she has big Democratic connections. Anyone got anything??
what goes around

AOL

#12 Apr 18, 2009
sure she is pushing for it because it will be
"...an alterbative way to tax people". she needs to stay out of some things, if that's possible
what goes around

AOL

#13 Apr 18, 2009
typo- "alternative"

Since: Apr 09

Syracuse, NY

#14 Apr 18, 2009
The Mohawk Valley Green Coalition is being formed in response to what is viewed as missed opportunity for quality of life improvements including economic, health, social, environmental and cultural. We seek to reach and to educate members of the community about these opportunities that exist and to help guide our policy makers to make decisions that are right for all of us.

Wed like to invite you to an organizational meeting on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 6:00pm at the Utica Public Library at 303 Genesee Street.

www.mvgreen.org
Kandy Man

Syracuse, NY

#15 Apr 18, 2009
She also demanded they eat at the Savoy
Liquor

Clifton Park, NY

#16 Aug 18, 2014
Sick Of It wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's funny - RoAnn actually accomplishing something.
Here's a quiz - name something meaningful Ms Destito has accomplished? She's always been in the majority, backed Shelly at the expense of Upstate and she has big Democratic connections. Anyone got anything??
Fatso got the liquor license secured at the turning stone for her husband. That's an accomplishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ok to slap a guy? 18 min Truth 13
Most Women are Unstable These Days 28 min unbelievable lite... 37
Romas Tomato Pie (Jan '12) 33 min jessa22 72
Sangertown To Close 44 min local 10
I love PLANET FATNESS 48 min I can work the mi... 7
DejaVu Bar and Lounge 54 min Latenightutica 3
Look for an older women 1 hr I can work the mi... 5
ND blows out Proctor!!! 1 hr Local 28
Faking orgasms 4 hr I can work the mi... 44
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker 17 hr fake clifton stroker 54