Daves Diner to Charge for Water!

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kelly

Utica, NY

#1 May 2, 2013
Yep, you heard it here, folks..........our Dave from the Schuyler diner is now going to charge for freakn WATER!!! We were standing in line & we heard him tell some customer who asked for water, that he was going to start charging for it! Really, Dave? Guess this family will drive down the road to Digristinas for our ice cream!
Local

Syracuse, NY

#2 May 3, 2013
Well, I guess it is a matter of expenses. Today, everything is so expensive. Even water. My water bill for the month was unreal. And, if you provide free cups too, that adds up. I always felt, if you go to a place to eat, you should probably order a drink. That is how they make their living. If you want water, bring a bottle.
Kelly wrote:
Yep, you heard it here, folks..........our Dave from the Schuyler diner is now going to charge for freakn WATER!!! We were standing in line & we heard him tell some customer who asked for water, that he was going to start charging for it! Really, Dave? Guess this family will drive down the road to Digristinas for our ice cream!
Dave

Syracuse, NY

#3 May 3, 2013
You losers who come in to drink water and waste space needs to be charged. Water is not free and if you come in you will be charged for air too.
love or hate u decide

Cold Brook, NY

#4 May 3, 2013
you make enough on the processed food you sell. At least you should do is let customers wash it down for free and not charge $$ for a drink that only cost you pennies. Watch how fast people will find the restaurants who don't charge for water.
Dave

Syracuse, NY

#5 May 3, 2013
love or hate u decide wrote:
you make enough on the processed food you sell. At least you should do is let customers wash it down for free and not charge $$ for a drink that only cost you pennies. Watch how fast people will find the restaurants who don't charge for water.
All will charge once we are done calling them all to get on the band wagon with it. You are jealous of rich people who own restaurants too beyotch. Water is served right out of the bathroom sink too.
Oinker

Utica, NY

#8 May 4, 2013
Been there a couple times in the last few months for breakfast and it was never busy at 9:00 am ish so what does that say about his place?
Done

Watertown, NY

#10 May 4, 2013
I will never spend another Penney at Dave's as long as they charge for water!
Botulism box

United States

#11 May 4, 2013
Done wrote:
I will never spend another Penney at Dave's as long as they charge for water!
Think of the savings youll have botulism meds by staying away!
Local

Clinton, NY

#12 May 4, 2013
Maybe it says, that people eat breakfast between 7 and 9. Get off of this topic. Good business, great people. Morons.
And stop trying to pose as DAVE buddy. We know you are an imposter, and obviously a loser.
Oinker wrote:
Been there a couple times in the last few months for breakfast and it was never busy at 9:00 am ish so what does that say about his place?
Swing

West Hartford, CT

#13 May 4, 2013
Local wrote:
Maybe it says, that people eat breakfast between 7 and 9. Get off of this topic. Good business, great people. Morons.
And stop trying to pose as DAVE buddy. We know you are an imposter, and obviously a loser.
<quoted text>
That is not the response if someone who would be his buddy you clueless idiot!
Utica taxpaper

Utica, NY

#14 May 4, 2013
benji wrote:
I have notices daves diner not being as good as i once was the fish fry i reveived the last 2 times could not have been fresh it tasted like they saved it from the last friday that is how to lose customers quickly.
You are not the only ones that have seen a big difference in the quality of their meals.

Two weeks ago, on a Saturday night, my daughter and I went to Dave's Diner for their Prime Rib Dinner which turned out to be nothing more than mostly fat and very little meat. My daughter returned her meal to the cook who only offered to cut out the fat which would have left the actual prime rib meat the size of a small hamburger!!!!!!

I had ordered the scrimp dinner which was overcooked. We left without paying for the Prime Rib (it had been taken off the bill when we refused the cook's "offer") and will NOT go back there again to eat.

The cook's name is "Frank".

As far as charging for water, Dave needs to visit Nicky Doodles where they have free water fountains for their customers, and the price for ice cream is LOWER than Dave's prices and it is just as good, if not better. Also, Nicky Doodles also has a bigger selection of ice creams than Dave's Diner.

IMO = Dave needs to wake up and look at his competition and fire "Frank" as a cook!
well

Camillus, NY

#15 May 4, 2013
Utica taxpaper wrote:
<quoted text>You are not the only ones that have seen a big difference in the quality of their meals.
Two weeks ago, on a Saturday night, my daughter and I went to Dave's Diner for their Prime Rib Dinner which turned out to be nothing more than mostly fat and very little meat. My daughter returned her meal to the cook who only offered to cut out the fat which would have left the actual prime rib meat the size of a small hamburger!!!!!!
I had ordered the scrimp dinner which was overcooked. We left without paying for the Prime Rib (it had been taken off the bill when we refused the cook's "offer") and will NOT go back there again to eat.
As far as charging for water, Dave needs to visit Nicky Doodles where they have free water fountains for their customers, and the price for ice cream is LOWER than Dave's prices and it is just as good, if not better. Also, Nicky Doodles also has a bigger selection of ice creams than Dave's Diner.
IMO = Dave needs to wake up and look at his competition and fire "Frank" as a cook!
Your response is very telling. Either you have a problem with "Frank" or you work at Nicky Doodles. Get a life.
ur a doucher

Herkimer, NY

#16 May 4, 2013
Kelly wrote:
He runs a business, and that business pays for water and sewer service. Water is charged by usage and that cost must be paid from somewhere so why not charge for it? Its not free to anyone.

Don't like it, f*ck off and die or go some place else.
ur a doucher

Herkimer, NY

#17 May 4, 2013
Utica taxpaper wrote:
<quoted text>You are not the only ones that have seen a big difference in the quality of their meals.
If it was "mostly fat" then you should have sent it back.

You're a liar and not a taxpayer but a tax sucking welfarian.
not for free

Utica, NY

#20 May 4, 2013
The day a diner charges for water is the day I walk out.
who cares

Utica, NY

#23 May 4, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>Your response is very telling. Either you have a problem with "Frank" or you work at Nicky Doodles. Get a life.
YOU are way off base and totally wrong.

The only reason I asked the name of the cook was because we had every intention of calling Dave and letting him know about this "cook".

No - I do NOT work at Nicky Doodles - in fact, I'm retired and don't work at all. I do take my grandchildren there for ice cream when they want to go.

Anymore uneducated guesses?
who cares

Utica, NY

#24 May 4, 2013
ur a doucher wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was "mostly fat" then you should have sent it back.
You're a liar and not a taxpayer but a tax sucking welfarian.
Hey dummy, read my post again. The prime rib dinner WAS SENT BACK - that is when the "cook"'s response was to cut out the fat and for my daughter to settle for the little piece of meat that would have been left.

I pay taxes on TWO houses and have never collected 1cent from any kind of welfare program in my entire life.

Recommend you go back to school and get educated (if you can even read or write).
well

Camillus, NY

#26 May 4, 2013
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are way off base and totally wrong.
The only reason I asked the name of the cook was because we had every intention of calling Dave and letting him know about this "cook".
No - I do NOT work at Nicky Doodles - in fact, I'm retired and don't work at all. I do take my grandchildren there for ice cream when they want to go.
Anymore uneducated guesses?
I would guess that you are a jacka$$.

Since: Apr 13

Pine Plains, NY

#29 May 5, 2013
Kelly wrote:
Im sure he was joking, you have never heard someone in a sarcastic funny way say "I'm gonna start charging for that"??...if he was serious, he won't have to worry about getting any business, bc he clearly doesn't know how to run one, that's all.

Since: Apr 13

Pine Plains, NY

#30 May 5, 2013
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>Hey dummy, read my post again. The prime rib dinner WAS SENT BACK - that is when the "cook"'s response was to cut out the fat and for my daughter to settle for the little piece of meat that would have been left.

I pay taxes on TWO houses and have never collected 1cent from any kind of welfare program in my entire life.

Recommend you go back to school and get educated (if you can even read or write).
I agree with you! Bunch of IDIOTS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't Forget Your Postman This Holiday Season 36 min Big Hipped Utican 4
How Small Is Utica 40 min Big Hipped Utican 5
why CANT THAT RASH FAT SLOB FINGERS PROVE IT LI... 45 min Big Hipped Utican 2
Time Warner 47 min truth 12
fortune 500 COMPANYS DIVISON HEADQUARTERS IN CL... 48 min Big Hipped Utican 4
Oneida County Be Proud 51 min Big Hipped Utican 9
Rainbow to play at Super Bowl halftime show 58 min elvis 1
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 1 hr Big Hipped Utican 421
Serious car accident in Utica 1 hr Big Hipped Utican 40
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 15 hr Diabetic Utican 381

Flood Warning for Oneida County was issued at December 25 at 10:23PM EST

Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:00 pm PST