Five New Retailers Coming to North Utica

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
UticaPride

Utica, NY

#1 Jul 3, 2013
http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Five-new-retai...

More growth in Utica. This is great news!
Whoopee

Waldorf, MD

#2 Jul 4, 2013
More retail ($7/hr) jobs. Try feeding a family on that!
black is black

Utica, NY

#3 Jul 4, 2013
Whoopee wrote:
This is when a work history is important as these stores will also need Management positions.

For those of you that have sat back and sucked off the Welfare system, you will now find you should have been working and establishing a work record!
harry

Utica, NY

#4 Jul 4, 2013
These are all rinky dink business. All a front for our useless mayor. People, smell the roses.
Blah

Utica, NY

#5 Jul 4, 2013
Mayor Robert Palmieri said., "Riverside Center has solidified its position as one of the most important commercial engines in the region."

I don't know what kind of drugs he's doing but they must be awful potent and good. He thinks riverside mall is an important commercial engine? Has he been down commercial drive in the last 10 years ? Get a clue.

Level 5

Since: Oct 09

Utica, NY

#6 Jul 4, 2013
5 new retailers, which means there will be about 15-20 jobs.OOOHH!!! Way to bring employment to the city.
Listen

Utica, NY

#7 Jul 4, 2013
APRIL1966 wrote:
5 new retailers, which means there will be about 15-20 jobs.OOOHH!!! Way to bring employment to the city.
5 new retailers will be much much more than 20 jobs. Granted, many positions will most likely not be full time with benefits, but a job is a job and many people need work.
UticaPride

Utica, NY

#8 Jul 4, 2013
APRIL1966 wrote:
It all adds up. People are going to be critical no matter what happens. They will say oh,nothing is going on. Well something is,so i feel it's a reflection on the whole area. Utica is coming back. I know it's hard for some of you to swallow. You're going to have to get use to it.
black is black

Utica, NY

#9 Jul 4, 2013
Listen wrote:
<quoted text>
5 new retailers will be much much more than 20 jobs. Granted, many positions will most likely not be full time with benefits, but a job is a job and many people need work.
Very, very true.

When I left my husband and took my 4 children with me, I had never worked during my marriage. I hounded the Employment Agencies for 6 months before they referred me to GE Radio Receiver Plant to make radios in the Molding Room. I had to work 3PM to 11PM and started with only a part-time position which in reality turned into a full time 6 days a week. Thankfully, I had moved in with my parents (who also worked full time)and they babysat my children while I worked.

That was the beginning of my work career - I put myself thru Business College with the money I was making at GE and after 2 years graduated and began my business career with the Supreme Court.

I am now retired from a professional position, my children are all grown (all stayed away from drugs and crime), and now retired enjoying the good life.

If I can do this, anyone else can do the same thing. All it takes is motivation, self-pride, and responsibility for yourself and others.
Truckingfan

Utica, NY

#10 Jul 4, 2013
Whoopee wrote:
If you can't afford a kid do not have one. Keep it in your pants.

Also,do your research. If you are with a man that has kids with another woman and he does not take care of them. Chances are you will be SOL to.

Trucking companies are going to hire a half million people in the next couple of years. I know people making $40,000 to over 80,000 a year doing it. Get off your lazy ass and get a job.

Also, we have 1000s of jobs unfilled in the area because a lack of training. They are mid level jobs that require more than high school but not college. Do some research the OD had some articles this year on it.

Further,the turning stone is always hiring but they do drung test,just like the trucking companies. So,that may exclude half of you on here.
UticaPride

Utica, NY

#11 Jul 4, 2013
black is black wrote:
<quoted text>Very, very true.
When I left my husband and took my 4 children with me, I had never worked during my marriage. I hounded the Employment Agencies for 6 months before they referred me to GE Radio Receiver Plant to make radios in the Molding Room. I had to work 3PM to 11PM and started with only a part-time position which in reality turned into a full time 6 days a week. Thankfully, I had moved in with my parents (who also worked full time)and they babysat my children while I worked.
That was the beginning of my work career - I put myself thru Business College with the money I was making at GE and after 2 years graduated and began my business career with the Supreme Court.
I am now retired from a professional position, my children are all grown (all stayed away from drugs and crime), and now retired enjoying the good life.
If I can do this, anyone else can do the same thing. All it takes is motivation, self-pride, and responsibility for yourself and others.
Many strong woman out there! Good for you. It does take motivation, self-pride, and responsibility. You just proved it is possible.
Listen

Utica, NY

#12 Jul 4, 2013
black is black wrote:
<quoted text>Very, very true.
I commend you on a life well lived. Unfortunately, not many of today's young generation display the self pride, motivation, and responsibility you talked about. one can always better themselves through hard work and determination, but it's much easier to sit on ones ass and live a less than desired lifestyle. Good old fashion hard work is quickly becoming extinct and more and more people are looking for a free ride and it's getting worse.
Tired of Negative Uticans

Utica, NY

#13 Jul 4, 2013
Utica has a shrinking tax base. Any new retail businesses that open at the Riverside center will bring sales tax dollars to the city which is good news for the city.
black is black

Utica, NY

#14 Jul 4, 2013
Whoopee wrote:
A paycheck plus food stamps will feed any family!!!

Sitting on your butt, smoking cigarettes and selling drugs only leads to jail or the grave.

YOU determine what direction you want your life to take.
Blah

Utica, NY

#15 Jul 4, 2013
Tired of Negative Uticans wrote:
Utica has a shrinking tax base. Any new retail businesses that open at the Riverside center will bring sales tax dollars to the city which is good news for the city.
Any new income to the city wil be squandered and spent on baloney. Same old song. If you think you taxes will go down or your city services will improve than you need a brain transplant or a coffin. The politicans will spend all you give them and more.

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Level 8

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#16 Jul 4, 2013
Sure looks like a lot of people are afraid. Unemployment and Welfare are going to make them go get these jobs. And throw them off the lamb if they refuse.
Spare

Wethersfield, CT

#17 Jul 4, 2013
Why don't they open something up that we don't already have?

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Level 8

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#18 Jul 4, 2013
Spare wrote:
Why don't they open something up that we don't already have?
You sir are always entitled to invest YOUR money any way you like. Have an ambition, go for it...
Christopher Thrawn

United States

#19 Jul 4, 2013
LOL. A vitamin store and a tanning booth. Are they serious?

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#20 Jul 4, 2013
My GOD I can't believe it! ZoomTan is coming to Utica!!!!

Good f.cking Grief.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The comets economic windfall for area 17 min Punch Drunk 10
UPD told not to look at topix, lol. Why? 21 min fastrac 8
Study: Utica - Rome WORST economic outlook till... 31 min Mouth Droolers 7
Sangertown Mall to close? 40 min Economic Development 8
Utica in the 60's 48 min Customer Service 42
Italian Heritage Center in East Utica up for sale 59 min Eyetalians 3
Where is the welfre office in utica 1 hr Goods Luck 2
carbone new commercial 1 hr Reality 54
Local Greaser Angelo "Wopslop" Nole dies! Good ... 4 hr qwerty 14
Charlie Shove 5 hr Doctor Bubblefarts 39