Reporting Abuse on Topix

Posted in the Utica Forum

A Whitesboro Resident

Auburn, NY

#1 Jan 22, 2010
I have a HUGE comment about this whole site...

Why can I ask do they have a Report Abuse button, if NOONE is going to pay any attention to it. How many times does one person have to click on that Abuse button before they actually remove it???

I have read a comment about a woman I personally know, and I think it's horrible that some people actually have the ignorance to post their full name of the person they are talking about.

The comment read was totally untrue about this woman.

For the ones who are in charge of following up with Reporting Abuse...I ask you please, do your job and remove comments that may be very hurtful to poeple.

There's enough ignorance in this world...

The subject is "Cheating" Post#7.

Just a thought

Scarborough, ME

#2 Jan 22, 2010
The problems the moderators have is determining who's telling the truth.
Because you say the comment is untrue doesn't make it so, nor can the moderators tell that you aren't the person who is the subject of the post your reporting.
Not looking to argue your original point, but there are other considerations other than you believe Cheating Post #7 is incorrect.
White Castle

Syracuse, NY

#3 Jan 22, 2010
I went to "Cheating" post #7, didn't see no name or reference to anyone specific.
In the know

Liverpool, NY

#4 Jan 22, 2010
Part of the issue is that people think that this Utica website is significant to topix when in reality this one little Utica,NY topix site is a drop in the bucket of the thousands that Topix runs. They don't have local moderators and the Editors that you see have absolutely nothing to do with nor any power to change posts or delete them They are only Editors in the News section and nothing more.
Whether it is the right way to do it or not, Topix does not have the man power to permanently moderate all the little sites from the thousands and thousands of various towns, cities, villages and topics. That is a huge undertaking and again whether right or wrong I doubt that will happen.
In the meantime if the people that constantly come here and cry, moan and complain just stopped coming here maybe the trolls who are purposely trying to anger those people would calm down a bit. I know I don't go to sites I dont enjoy, that's common sense.
If you don't like it leave, simple as that but don't think that your comments and complaints are going to change anything because that is very doubtful at best.
Crap

Rome, NY

#5 Jan 22, 2010
This is all a lot of crap. Follow the procedure to remove offensive sites. It's easy. When it does not involve a public figure, the offensive material is removed very quickly.

Stop complaining and do what you need to do.
Special OPS Observer 720

United States

#6 Jan 22, 2010
Crap wrote:
This is all a lot of crap. Follow the procedure to remove offensive sites. It's easy. When it does not involve a public figure, the offensive material is removed very quickly.
Stop complaining and do what you need to do.
One reason is, not could be, and cannot ever be disputed is that on Aug. 02, 2007 a Topix LLC moderator, Jacob_36 slandered me on
his own profile page. Jacob_36 was told to remove it from his personel profile page. I informed Topix LLC about this immediately. This moderator was told by Topix LLC Admins., not
to do it anymore. Days later Jacob_36's profile was gone, removed,
or hidden. I have an E-mail from Topix LLC making reference to my claim that has bearing in this matter. Thing is they know it too. jdb
You are a Nut

Ashburn, VA

#7 Jan 22, 2010
Special OPS Observer 720 wrote:
<quoted text>
One reason is, not could be, and cannot ever be disputed is that on Aug. 02, 2007 a Topix LLC moderator, Jacob_36 slandered me on
his own profile page. Jacob_36 was told to remove it from his personel profile page. I informed Topix LLC about this immediately. This moderator was told by Topix LLC Admins., not
to do it anymore. Days later Jacob_36's profile was gone, removed,
or hidden. I have an E-mail from Topix LLC making reference to my claim that has bearing in this matter. Thing is they know it too. jdb
lol
So what??????
That has nothing to do with anything. Once again you show you have no intelligence and are extremely stupid, most likely mentally retarded due to the failed abortion attempt your mom, my grandmother made with a coat hanger and a jug of bleach.
Thanks once again for showing your insanity and lack of brains.
lol
Now go back to getting drunk , smoking crack , posting idiotic, irrelevant nonsense and giving BJ's, those are the only things you are good at you illiterate AIDs infected junkie.
lol lol lol
You are a Nut

Ashburn, VA

#8 Jan 22, 2010
Make up some more irrelevant posts dad that make no sense. Because of the fact that you are so stupid and uneducated the nonsense you post is clear as day that it is made up by you or at the very least copied from something else and changed y you. The problem with you doing that is you are a complete retard so you change things leaving spelling errors, grammatical errors and large sections in general that make no sense. Just one more example if just how fkn dumb you really are.
Look your sentences don't even make sense..."One reason is,not could be and can never be disputed"
That is some education the taxpayers are paying for. How much does the ARC charge the taxpayers to allow you to go to classes there? A refund is required.
well done loser.
lol lol lol lol lol
Roman

Ithaca, NY

#9 Jan 22, 2010
You are a Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
So what??????
That has nothing to do with anything. Once again you show you have no intelligence and are extremely stupid, most likely mentally retarded due to the failed abortion attempt your mom, my grandmother made with a coat hanger and a jug of bleach.
Thanks once again for showing your insanity and lack of brains.
lol
Now go back to getting drunk , smoking crack , posting idiotic, irrelevant nonsense and giving BJ's, those are the only things you are good at you illiterate AIDs infected junkie.
lol lol lol
talk about not having anything to do with anything.
Tom

Middleport, NY

#10 Jan 22, 2010
That Joe B guy from Frankfort is a real nut and very creepy though.
Are you two related by any chance...just saying.
starman

Tully, NY

#11 Jan 22, 2010
but i like to be abused :)
jagoff

Auburn, NY

#12 Jan 22, 2010
Make up some more irrelevant posts dad that make no sense. Because of the fact that you are so stupid and uneducated the nonsense you post is clear as day that it is made up by you or at the very least copied from something else and changed y you. The problem with you doing that is you are a complete retard so you change things leaving spelling errors, grammatical errors and large sections in general that make no sense. Just one more example if just how fkn dumb you really are.
Look your sentences don't even make sense..."One reason is,not could be and can never be disputed"
That is some education the taxpayers are paying for. How much does the ARC charge the taxpayers to allow you to go to classes there? A refund is required.
well done loser.
lol lol lol lol lol

Spelling and punctuation are your friend, jagoff! Your nonsensical BS post made my eyes bleed.
Wow

Bronx, NY

#14 Jan 22, 2010
Wow
You freaks are nuts....and pathetic.
lol
TROLLS in a BUCKET

United States

#15 Jan 22, 2010
What is a troll? He is a hairy, ugly creature that lives under a bridge. Yet, there is another kind of troll; this troll is a forum group poster who makes a post that is controversial or an outright lie to provoke readers into a flame war. Every time I read a trollís post I think ďLiar, liar, pants on fire.Ē Sometimes I just want to scream that from the top of my lungs. What is it that makes people twist the truth to justify their own needs? The story keeps changing or the trolls say things that just donít add up.

Why is it people canít mind their own business. I swear that some people just want disruption and chaos. I swear they live for it. Why do they get enjoyment out of harassing people? People like this have one sole purpose and that is to create a ďFlame War,Ē where a bunch of people are all having their say about a person or a sensitive topic. This benefits only them, so they post lies about good honest people.

They feel by baiting the topic, they will lure you in, where the group of them can pounce on you as soon as you post. Soon your name gets Googled and you are labeled a horrible person. Scam sites are popping up all over the net and instead of them posting actual statements about scams; they are posting anything and everything that destroys the reputation of good, honest people. Scam sites have quickly become a place to bash other people to benefit the owner and in the end, hard working people who are trying to make a life and career for themselves are victimized.

If you are treating someone this way, I have to ask, are you proud of yourself? Do you really think that this person deserves to be humiliated and flamed on a message board and who are you to decide? Do you really know the amount of damage you are causing to this person?

Sorry but I guess I just do not understand. These people you are flaming are nothing to you. Ewww, and ahhhh and laugh all you want. I bet the one your flaming feels like this animal in a cage. People come back because they want to see the blood, the hurt, and the anger that you are causing to this person. Of course you the baiter, flamer, troll has no problem providing it. No matter how stupid it makes your victim look. It is always the same bull, Innuendo, and baiting, followed by threats of exposure. It is good for the ratings isnít it? If this were a TV show, you'd be a smash hit.

Trolls are nothing more than cruel people who enjoy hurting others. Iím sorry Trolls but I see you as nothing more than someone who likes to stir the pot and cause trouble by twisting the story and filling it with lies to please yourself. I guess what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Seriously U R Crazy

Bronx, NY

#16 Jan 22, 2010
lol
Hey JDB, I thought I told YOU to just go back to getting drunk , smoking crack , posting idiotic, irrelevant nonsense and giving BJ's, those are the only things you are good at you illiterate, syphilis infected junkie. I have no doubt you make sense to yourself and keep our sex fantasies regarding dogs to yourself you sick freak.
lmao @ you!
HEY PUPPET

United States

#17 Jan 22, 2010
Now your not pretending to be some one else...
I told not to get upset, go to bed now, sleep...
My Fathers a crackhead

Liverpool, NY

#18 Jan 22, 2010
Don't get mad dad just inject some more of your dope or smoke some more crack you idiot.
How does it feel to be an insane, freeloading, crack addict?
Too bad gram failed in her abortion attempt,eh dad?
lol @ my fat, smelly, pig of a father JDB and his idiotic threats and claims.
You arent getting in my room tonight dad I bought a new lock!
My Fathers a crackhead

Liverpool, NY

#20 Jan 22, 2010
lol @ my fat, smelly, pig of a father JDB and his idiotic threats and claims.
You arent getting in my room tonight dad I bought a new lock!
Afraid of my Dad JDB

Liverpool, NY

#21 Jan 22, 2010
HEY PUPPET wrote:
I told not to get upset, go to bed now, sleep...
You arent getting in my room tonight dad I bought a new lock! Please help me someone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
francos (nu) (Sep '14) 5 min Oneil 8
Where can I get my peenis pierced? 15 min Drill baby drill 4
Why does the Cretin have an azzzzhole full of c... 28 min Uticans With Disa... 2
Worst places to work in Utica (Jul '13) 51 min Lola 8
Why's Utica so depressing and economically deva... 1 hr Idiots 12
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 1 hr Honest Babe 1,961
News 10 Great Ways to Celebrate Your Birthday in Utica 1 hr astonished 4
papa Joe's restaurant 9 hr Dumbfounded Utican 11
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]