Who's Steven Conley?
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
PD Ret

United States

#2 Sep 1, 2007
Prev. UPD Officer.
Prev. Patrolman Frankfort P.D.
Current Chief of Police Frankfort NY
Captain Insaneo

United States

#5 Sep 4, 2007
Sounds like a positive for the community of Frankfort. Always good to have safe streets to ensure the integrity of a community.
Joey

Rome, NY

#6 Sep 4, 2007
Hope he's not stealing their money too.
Back in the saddle again

United States

#7 Nov 7, 2007
To the new Mayor of Utica- Please give him his high paying job back!
Watch my back

United States

#8 Nov 7, 2007
Just what are you trying to get me to understand? Tell me one more time. Is it that I should let someone (the big man) say something to me in front of other people that is not true and forget about it? Or is that I should not try to fight people in high positions of Authority and Power? What is it? Mr.?
"ACTION" like a letter or telling me to my face Joseph, I'm sorry I said you were stealing checks and money from your landlord and paying her aids for B___- J __ s. Please forgive me.
It will never happen again....That kind of "ACTION" ???????
Thanks Sal

United States

#9 Nov 7, 2007
Leave joey alone, he has a good case because his confrontation with the Chief of Police was not "Imagaginary." Steve had some big problems while in Utica, and now he finds himself having to defend himself again. I never heard about joey getting into any trouble before the Conley Era. This thread has 3600 plus hits, must tell you something. Please stop saying he is not a good father and a bad role model, if anything happens to his son it will be the Chiefs
doing. Even kids from the best homes with two working parents have children that get into trouble with the law. Sal
Subordinate Ones

United States

#10 Nov 8, 2007
POLICE PROFANITY

There are many reasons why a police officer would use obscene and profane language. Effective use of verbal communication is one of the skills expected in police work. Concepts such as "command voice" and "command presence" are routinely taught at police training academies. The FCC specifically condemns certain words on radio and television that are "patently offensive", but there's no such mechanism for determining what's offensive with interpersonal communication. The following typology exists:

words having religious connotations (e.g., hell, goddamn)

words indicating excretory functions (e.g., shit, piss)

words connected with sexual functions (e.g., ghuck, prick)

Generally, words with religious connotations are considered the least offensive and words connected with sexual functions are considered the most offensive. It's commonly the case, however, that use of such language by police officers is purposive and not a loss of control or catharsis.

to gain the attention of citizens who may be less than cooperative

to discredit somebody or something, like an alibi defense

to establish a dominant-submissive relationship

to identify with an in-group, the offender or police subculture

to label or degrade an out-group, like the Big Man did in (AUG 2007).

Of these, the last is of the most concern, since it may reflect the transition of prejudice to discrimination, especially if racial slurs or epithets are involved. On the other hand, profanity for innoculous purposes may very well be something that it is unrealistic to expect will go away in policing or many other contexts
ARBITRATOR

Vernon, NY

#11 Nov 8, 2007
He was FIRED from the UPD!
He was under suspicion for COCCAINE abuse!
He was one of the FRANCO boys!
He was taken care of by BENNY!
He got his claws into the Village of Frankfort!
Some Village idiots think he's alright!
The Village actually hires him!
He repeatedly FAILS the chief's exam!
He causes CONTOVERSY and TURMOIL!
He takes care of the MAYOR!
AND he ain't a bad GOLFER!
Eat a Big Meal

New York, NY

#12 Nov 8, 2007
Steve Conley is a good guy! Leave him alone. He is stand up.
How about dessert

Vernon, NY

#13 Nov 8, 2007
He's not stand up...he's coked up!!
gassed up

AOL

#14 Nov 8, 2007
from what I read, the main principles are either: liars, druggies,cheaters & chock full of everything wrong u can imagine. Where do all these "facts" come from?
Roseanne Rosanadana

Vernon, NY

#15 Nov 21, 2007
Transition Team?
How about Steve Conley?
Oh, it's not a golf team?
Nevermind!
Elizabeth St

AOL

#16 Nov 21, 2007
When Steve Conley was on UPD burglary squa I had the opportunity to deal with him on a burg on Park Ave where I resided. He went out of his way to work with my then-girlfriend and I and eventually apprehanded the perps--both of whom were LB Security Guards assigned to work in our bldg!!

Perhaps we should focus more on the LaBellas than on Mr Conley?? After all, all I hear from the word on the street about LB is that it is HARD to get a paycheck from LB...there are always excuses to hold the guards' pay and not pay them, always an excuse...

SO tell me Utica Democrat bigsshot wannabees. why are you not looking into THIS? Oh yes I forgot, the LaBellas are paisan paisan in your bid to bring the Rufie days back to this town. Sorry bout that...

Rufus Elefant was a piece of shit and is dead and rotten in the ground now. LIVE WITH THIS!!!
4crissake

AOL

#17 Nov 21, 2007
Is there ANYBODY that EVERYBODY likes?

Wake up & smell the animosity!
MRSP

Corning, NY

#18 Nov 23, 2007
Thanks Sal wrote:
Leave joey alone, he has a good case because his confrontation with the Chief of Police was not "Imagaginary." Steve had some big problems while in Utica, and now he finds himself having to defend himself again. I never heard about joey getting into any trouble before the Conley Era. This thread has 3600 plus hits, must tell you something. Please stop saying he is not a good father and a bad role model, if anything happens to his son it will be the Chiefs
doing. Even kids from the best homes with two working parents have children that get into trouble with the law. Sal
JOE REMEBER WHAT YOU TOLD ME ABOUT THE FOLLOWING ORGANAZATIONS.
O.K. LETS START WITH COMPLAINTS YOU HAVE FILED WITH THE 1.THE FOOTBALL,BASEBALL AND ANY OTHER ORGANIZED SPORTS AFFILIATION HIS SON IS INVOLVED WITH. WHY DON'T YOU ASK THE COACHES ABOUT JOEY'S PROBLEMS/COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM!
2. THE FRANKFORT FREE LIBRARY. WHY DON'T YOU ASK MARIETTA THE LIBRARIAN ABOUT JOEY'S PROBLEMS/COMPLAINT AGAINST THE LIBRARY! OR HOW THE POLICE WERE CALLED TO THROW HIM OUT!
3. FRANKFORT SCHOOL,THE VILLAGE DPW, CLERK, MAYOR, POLICE DEPARTMENT AND BOARD OF TRUSTEES. LET'S ASK ALL OF THEM ABOUT JOEY'S RIDICULOUS COMPLAINTS FILED TIME AND TIME AGAIN BECAUSE JOE B. CANNOT, IS NOT MAN ENOUGH OR DECENT ENOUGH, OR STAND UP ENOUGH TO BRING HIS SON UP THE PROPER WAY. NOT FILING A COMPLAINT EVERYTIME HE HAS A PROBLEM OR DOESN'T GET HIS WAY. LET'S ASK ALL OF THE ABOVE THEIR OPINION OF JOE THE MORON! BECAUSE JOE THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE. I DON'T EVEN WANT YOU LIVING IN MY HOUSE ANYMORE! YOU AND YOUR SON HAVE STARTED ENOUGH TROUBLE IN THIS TOWN AND LET'S NOT EVEN BRING UP THE MONEY YOU STOLE FROM ME OR THAT YOU TRIED TO GET ME TO SIGN MY HOUSE OVER TO YOU WHEN I WAS SICK. WHAT ABOUT YOU TRYING TO GET ME TO MAKE YOU THE BENEFICIARY OF MY INSURANCE POLICIES.
THANK GOD FOR MY DAUGHTER! IF IT WASN'T FOR HER YOU WOULD OF STOLE EVERYTHING FROM ME AND THREW ME TO THE STREET!
THE EVICTION PROCESS IS IN PLACE! EXPECT TO BE GETTING SERVED VERY SOON! YOU ARE A DISGRACE!
DO NOT COME TO MY HOUSE OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE AND HAVE YOU ARRESTED! YOU STOLE FROM ME, YOU AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND BETTY SCHAFFER AT THE BAR IN ILION!
PAY... PAY.... PAY... THAT'S WHAT YOU WILL KEEP DOING. JUST PAY THAT POOR LADY FOR THE DAMAGE TO HER CAR. DID YOU STEAL THAT MONEY FROM MRS. P.? PROBABLY! EITHER WAY IT COULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED TO A BETTER PERSON!!!!!! YOU KEEP ACTING LIKE AN IDIOT AND YOU KEEP PAYING! THE ONLY SATISFACTION YOU GET IS ON THIS BLOG! LOSER!
CAN EVERYONE BE WRONG! I THINK NOT! YOU LOOSE! BYE BYE! UNTIL NEXT TIME!
THE MAJORITY

Corning, NY

#19 Nov 23, 2007
Subordinate Ones wrote:
POLICE PROFANITY
There are many reasons why a police officer would use obscene and profane language. Effective use of verbal communication is one of the skills expected in police work. Concepts such as "command voice" and "command presence" are routinely taught at police training academies. The FCC specifically condemns certain words on radio and television that are "patently offensive", but there's no such mechanism for determining what's offensive with interpersonal communication. The following typology exists:
words having religious connotations (e.g., hell, goddamn)
words indicating excretory functions (e.g., shit, piss)
words connected with sexual functions (e.g., ghuck, prick)
Generally, words with religious connotations are considered the least offensive and words connected with sexual functions are considered the most offensive. It's commonly the case, however, that use of such language by police officers is purposive and not a loss of control or catharsis.
to gain the attention of citizens who may be less than cooperative
to discredit somebody or something, like an alibi defense
to establish a dominant-submissive relationship
to identify with an in-group, the offender or police subculture
to label or degrade an out-group, like the Big Man did in (AUG 2007).
Of these, the last is of the most concern, since it may reflect the transition of prejudice to discrimination, especially if racial slurs or epithets are involved. On the other hand, profanity for innoculous purposes may very well be something that it is unrealistic to expect will go away in policing or many other contexts
OK JOE B. COULD YOU THINK OF ANY OTHER SCREEN NAMES TO USE BESIDES THE FOLLOWING, BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN, WATCH MY BACK, THANKS SAL AND SUBORDINATE ONES. YOU WON'T WIN THIS ONE, BELIEVE ME! GET READY TO PAY! AGAIN! AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!
YOU GET OFF ON THESE FORUMS! EVERYONE GETS OFF WATCHING YOU PAY,PAY,PAY AND PAY! WHEN MRS. P. RUNS OUT OF MONEY, LOOKS LIKE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PAY NO MORE. OR SHOULD WE INCLUDE YOUR AUNT ON FRANKFORT ST. YOUR STALING FROM, SHE WON'T EVEN LET YOU IN HER HOUSE ANYMORE! WHEN THE MONEY RUNS OUT, OR WHEN YOU STOP STEALING FROM OTHERS, YOU WILL GO TO JAIL! HAVE A NICE DAY JOEY B. THE JOKES ON YOU!
OK NOW

Vernon, NY

#20 Nov 23, 2007
So...Who's Steve Conley and what did that last post have to do with him?
THE MAJORITY

Corning, NY

#21 Nov 23, 2007
OK NOW wrote:
So...Who's Steve Conley and what did that last post have to do with him?
Joe Bongiorno is from Frankfort and he is the person who started the blog on Steven Conley. He did the same thing in Frankfort. He's upset because the frankfort police dept. HAD DEALINGS with his son and joe had to pay back monies because his son damaged someone else's property for like the umpteenth time. JOE REFUSES TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS SON'S DOINGS AND HIS POOR UPBRINGING AND BLAMES THE VILLAGE POLICE AND STEVEN CONLEY (CHIEF OF POLICE)BECAUSE HE WOULDN'T LOOK THE OTHER WAY WHEN HE AND HIS SON GOT INTO TROUBLE! JOE HAS ALSO BEEN IN TROUBLE AND HAD DEALINGS WITH JUST ABOUT EVERY ORGANIZATION IN FRANKFORT, JUST ASK AROUND.
Frankfort residents do not pay attention to "THE VILLAGE IDIOT" you shouldn't either! we pray joe moves away from our nice village! please, do not let his ignorance be a reflection on the majority of the village residents. we are actually decent people who have been trying to get rid of a "BAD APPLE" who makes our village look bad!

SORRY JOE, YOU NEED TO GO!!!!!

Majority
OVERWHELMED

United States

#23 Nov 23, 2007
I cannot believe you people.
My son and his friends were
looking at the Frankfort
Forum last week. My son said,
"Dad please stop going on
this forum." "You have to
stop now!! please." The
comments and remarks are
atrocious. The rumors and
gossip are sick and evil.
The boys are right. I know
my son and his friends
got into some trouble in
the past but the penalty
we, they, and I are paying
now is much greater than
any damage they did. The
language that is used is
a reminder of another con-
versation, I had with a
man of Authority and
Influence. We have to
live in this community
so please be civil and
show some respect. My
complaint and Notice
of Claim was based
on actual events. The
other party in this
matter cannot just
say, "I never said
that." My claim has
merit to it and can
be proven. Remember,
you took an oath. I
swear to tell the
truth, and whole
truth, and nothing
but the truth, so
help you GOD.
So the next time
you see me
around, please don't
look me in the eye
with a striaght face.
And protect my son,
by not causing problems
for me.
JDB/FMVF/777
Next

New Hartford, NY

#24 Nov 23, 2007
This could get interesting........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Security guards names 33 min Rpgf 1
Names of security guards at sanctuary 34 min Rpgf 1
TeamFit New Hartford Scam Victims (Jean Luke Wi... 45 min Screwed over member 42
Utica Police Chief Mark Williams Investigated b... (Feb '17) 1 hr Contractor 7
dave haley carpet doctor (May '13) 1 hr Joe king 23
Missing Kim Strong posts - afraid of the truth ... 1 hr Did I get the nam... 6
Whitesboro Hoops 2 hr Big Dogs 9
Claudia just got my vote 4 hr 2nd opinion 43
wager street utica, ny 8 hr Frank 25
Mvcc women's basketball 19 hr Phil 66

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages