Chick-Fil-A To Open Downtown Utica

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
City Haller

United States

#1 Jul 11, 2018
The Mayor is hammering out final details about exact location but inside sources tell me it’s a done deal. Good eatin finally coming to downtown, as well as good Christian values.
hey

United States

#2 Jul 11, 2018
Not happening
Larry

Norwich, NY

#3 Jul 12, 2018
Let's see if I've got this straight. A fried chicken restaurant wants to come to Utica. It's basically KFC and/or Popeye's only it has the actual blessing of the Lord Almighty. It's still a place that mass slaughters god's creatures but serves them in tasty sauces and with yummy sides dripping in trans fats all designed to raise cholesterol, triglycerides and sugar levels but because it run by god fearing Christians who, incidentally don't fear making some big bucks off of suckers who inhale fast food, this will bring "Christian values" to this poor dump of a town. Just where in scripture do the evangelists give their blessing making Chick-Fil-A a Jesus sanctioned eatery? Did Jesus multiply the Chicken Bacon Ranch Deluxe to feed the multitudes? Or perhaps he turned water into Root Beer Floats at the wedding party. As I search for true spirituality, I really want to know how the arrival of Chick-Fil-A in a town saturated with fast food traps at every turn will bring "good Christian values." And what if I prefer good Jewish value or good Muslim values or good Hindu values or good Shinto values? Does Chick-Fil-A address those needs perhaps in their dessert menu?
3 2 1 blast off

Whitesboro, NY

#4 Jul 12, 2018
Larry wrote:
Let's see if I've got this straight. A fried chicken restaurant wants to come to Utica. It's basically KFC and/or Popeye's only it has the actual blessing of the Lord Almighty. It's still a place that mass slaughters god's creatures but serves them in tasty sauces and with yummy sides dripping in trans fats all designed to raise cholesterol, triglycerides and sugar levels but because it run by god fearing Christians who, incidentally don't fear making some big bucks off of suckers who inhale fast food, this will bring "Christian values" to this poor dump of a town. Just where in scripture do the evangelists give their blessing making Chick-Fil-A a Jesus sanctioned eatery? Did Jesus multiply the Chicken Bacon Ranch Deluxe to feed the multitudes? Or perhaps he turned water into Root Beer Floats at the wedding party. As I search for true spirituality, I really want to know how the arrival of Chick-Fil-A in a town saturated with fast food traps at every turn will bring "good Christian values." And what if I prefer good Jewish value or good Muslim values or good Hindu values or good Shinto values? Does Chick-Fil-A address those needs perhaps in their dessert menu?
Larry, wtf?! 3:30 in the morning and you decide to go nuclear on a simple thread. Please get back on your meds...you are effin’ scary.
Catherine

United States

#5 Jul 12, 2018
Larry wrote:
Jesus used to eat at Chic-Fil-a, so that’s good enough for me.
Liberalpuke

United States

#6 Jul 12, 2018
Good, just what downtown needs another fast food chicken place for the Moulies to hang out in.
ugh

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Jul 12, 2018
Liberalpuke wrote:
Good, just what downtown needs another fast food chicken place for the Moulies to hang out in.
Not only to hang out in but to rob as well.
all nonsense

Lowville, NY

#8 Jul 12, 2018
they would make a fortune with the construction workers for the new hospital. then all the people working there . downtown will be jumping
hahah

United States

#11 Jul 12, 2018
Hi there how did you it o
hahah

United States

#12 Jul 12, 2018
Hi there how did ya night go get your
hahah

United States

#13 Jul 12, 2018
Hi I just did ya oiwI wyou w
Blue Lives Matter

Whitesboro, NY

#14 Jul 12, 2018
I’d rather see Waffle House come to town.
Joe

United States

#15 Jul 12, 2018
Larry is my hero.....
rustyshackleford

Maryville, TN

#16 Jul 12, 2018
they serve breakfast,too. you can eat on your way to …..work?
Ollie

New Hartford, NY

#17 Jul 12, 2018
Larry wrote:
Like Norwich's opinion really matters.

(Larry, say hi yo your brothers Darrell and Darrell )
JoeyTwoThumbs

Utica, NY

#18 Jul 12, 2018
STILL waiting on that Quaker Steak and Lube...
Kuyahoora

United States

#19 Jul 12, 2018
Blue Lives Matter wrote:
I’d rather see Waffle House come to town.
You're kidding, right? The awful wawful house?
Fat Tony Salerno

Rochester, NY

#21 Jul 12, 2018
Liberalpuke wrote:
No hanging out in there. They shoo them away if they don't order something.
Larry

Norwich, NY

#22 Jul 12, 2018
Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>

Like Norwich's opinion really matters.

(Larry, say hi yo your brothers Darrell and Darrell )
You better hope every little town within driving distance does matter because Utica continues to shrink and you need people from out of the area to visit, shop and eat there. There's no accounting for people's tastes and Utica is a dump, but you need the influx of money. Otherwise, that community is going to dry up and blow away and New Hartford will go with it.
dummypants

Poland, ME

#23 Jul 13, 2018
City Haller wrote:
Good eatin finally coming to downtown
LOL at getting excited about a fast food restaurant that every other community in the developed world already has.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best tattoo artist in utica area 35 min justinR 23
Marcy book store 50 min Arthur Jr 2
Dave Gordon DMV posts removal ? 2 hr Grandma 24
Bert And Ernie Are Gay 3 hr Chrissy Salatino 3
Elaine Bonanza (Nov '17) 3 hr Toad 152
Utica Downtown 3 hr Calvin 10
Why did Claudia quit practicing law? 3 hr What is going on 4
Remsen Barn Fest Cancelled This year 5 hr BARN FEST FACTS 10
Pepsi, The Aud, & Esche’s Restaurant? 7 hr Soda Pop 63
what happened to Now Playing in Marcy? (Aug '17) 11 hr Wows 35