Vacation with the fam

Vacation with the fam

Posted in the Utica Forum

Exploring Utica

United States

#1 Jun 17, 2014
I read somewhere that the Utica Marsh is a good spot to site see as we are passing through to go to NYC? Do they charge for admission? How long should my family and I plan to spend there? Should we pack a lunch or do they have a a cafe? Some research says it's a wonderful area to spend the day with my family? I assume there are trails to walk or bike? Gy
Marsh not so Mellow

Cambridge, MA

#2 Jun 17, 2014
Yeah there is a frigging cafe right next to the marsh!! Are u serious??!! Do us all a favor, load the back of the car with boulders and drive ur whole family right into the marsh!!

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#3 Jun 17, 2014
Exploring Utica wrote:
I read somewhere that the Utica Marsh is a good spot to site see as we are passing through to go to NYC? Do they charge for admission? How long should my family and I plan to spend there? Should we pack a lunch or do they have a a cafe? Some research says it's a wonderful area to spend the day with my family? I assume there are trails to walk or bike? Gy
There's a wonderful utica sign there. Quite amazing.
Visiting

United States

#4 Jun 17, 2014
We are visiting and we're hoping we could hit the marsh early, head to the brewery for a tour and then to the Adirondaks for some hiking all in one day? We are heading to NYC but heard about the wonderful things we could do in Utica in passing? Could we fit in 9 holes at Valley View as well? Want to make the most of our time in you beautiful area! We heard a lot about it coming from Toronto. Heard it's going to be the infrastructure of Nano Tech as well in an industry magazine! Good things happening in Utica!!!:
Avoid the Marsh

Newington, CT

#5 Jun 17, 2014
Visiting wrote:
We are visiting and we're hoping we could hit the marsh early, head to the brewery for a tour and then to the Adirondaks for some hiking all in one day? We are heading to NYC but heard about the wonderful things we could do in Utica in passing? Could we fit in 9 holes at Valley View as well? Want to make the most of our time in you beautiful area! We heard a lot about it coming from Toronto. Heard it's going to be the infrastructure of Nano Tech as well in an industry magazine! Good things happening in Utica!!!:
The Marsh is not so great but the Root Glen in Clinton on the Hamilton College Campus is amazing.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#8 Jun 17, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget your red slippers and click your heels.
And follow the nano yellow brick road.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#9 Jun 17, 2014
Avoid the Marsh wrote:
<quoted text>
The Marsh is not so great but the Root Glen in Clinton on the Hamilton College Campus is amazing.
Lol!

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#11 Jun 17, 2014
Silly Uticans wrote:
Hawaii's minor islands aren't that expensive, unless you're from Ny then that's off limits. The Governor, cops and a bunch of prison guard retirees killed all that lmao!
What if they flew out of Rome international airport? They could probably save some money there.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#12 Jun 18, 2014
You might be able to get a tour of the whitesboro prison pretty reasonably.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#13 Jun 18, 2014
You might be able to get a tour of the whitesboro prison pretty reasonably.
Is there food included?
Lol

Newington, CT

#14 Jun 18, 2014
<quoted text>
Lol!
Is Hamilton College now not up to your Standards Dave Smith from New Hartford?

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#15 Jun 18, 2014
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Hamilton College now not up to your Standards Dave Smith from New Hartford?
Well my name isn't dave smith but on this forum I've accepted it as mine. To address your questions about Hamilton college. What standards in regards to what? People vacationing to see it? No it's not up to that standard. Very few colleges anyone will travel to see. It's a small liberal arts college that's decent but the country is riddled with them. Take union college here. Good school. Better location. National division one champions. Does anyone care? Nope.
Yes

Newington, CT

#16 Jun 18, 2014
Dave Smith - Union has an excellent Men's Hockey Program. However, I don't think you can say Union, located in downtown Schenectady, has a better location than Hamilton College. Not even you can believe that...

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#17 Jun 18, 2014
Yes wrote:
Dave Smith - Union has an excellent Men's Hockey Program. However, I don't think you can say Union, located in downtown Schenectady, has a better location than Hamilton College. Not even you can believe that...
A million times better. Take an out of state college student. Do they want to be stuck in the cess pool utica region for four years or the capital district? Wheres the post graduation job opportunities? You're absolutely barking up the wrong tree about this. Oh and btw...schenectady is financially better off than your centerpiece of utica actually so save your piss and vinegar. Numbers don't lie.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#18 Jun 18, 2014
<quoted text>
A million times better. Take an out of state college student. Do they want to be stuck in the cess pool utica region for four years or the capital district? Wheres the post graduation job opportunities? You're absolutely barking up the wrong tree about this. Oh and btw...schenectady is financially better off than your centerpiece of utica actually so save your piss and vinegar. Numbers don't lie.
...how can I forget about the number of students that Hamilton college actually retains after graduation. Very low.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fatt hoggs 11 min dee 9
Big Utica Properties 29 min Jow 2
Doyle Hardware 55 min Donald Trump 5
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 1 hr Janitor Of The LORD 6,147
News New ownership for Doyle Building in Utica 1 hr hmm 2
Charlie Shove 2 hr TwelveCity 1
Brass Knuckle InterCourse (Mar '11) 3 hr FallenAngel 55
Pat Collea Poo-Pooed??? 13 hr Depends 8
Michele Gulla ? Sun Big Mouth 38
Kristin Copeland Sat get a life 46