DPW wants to lease vehicles

DPW wants to lease vehicles

Posted in the Utica Forum

Dave short

Danielson, CT

#1 Apr 22, 2013
DPW wants to lease 3 vehicles for 5 years at a cost of 130k a year. 5 x130 is 650k.

Dave short says it will save taxpayers money because 10 wheelers cost up to 200k. Hmmm let's do the math morons. 5 years from now you don't own the trucks and you paid 650 k for 3 trucks that cost up to 200k. Are they 1 dollar buy out leases. Again lets screw the taxpayers. I agree we need new equipment. However why lease. There is no savings. Plus the employees will destroy these trucks.
good

Utica, NY

#2 Apr 22, 2013
dings and the miles you have to add on also
nitti

Syracuse, NY

#3 May 8, 2013
the mechanics will destroy it by not changing the oil
Some facts

United States

#4 May 9, 2013
A municipal lease is simply a form of a purchase. At the end of the lease the vehicles are 100% owned by the city/town/village who bought them. There two major differences between a lease & a bond purchase. First, with a lease.... the city could walk away from the vehicles if for some reason they can't make payments. Second, the cost of the financing is far less than bonding for the money. When you bond the cost of the money adds tremendously to the cost of the vehicles. Mr. Short is doing fine by the taxpayers of the city by using this method to upgrade the aging fleet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nirvana Spring is closing but everything is sti... 1 hr CNY is Awesome 1
CNY loses Nirvana Water. Sears. Wants nano! 2 hr CNY is Awesome 2
WELSH IS ONLY CHOICE FOR COUNTY LEGISLATOR IN 1... 4 hr Onward and Upward 39
Cornhill Fish and Game Club To Hold Jowl Dinner 6 hr GOTRIBES 1
True love 6 hr FRIENDLY Bruce 9
oh AFRICA TO MAKE 14 NANO A9 AND NANO PLATES NA... 6 hr GOTRIBES 1
I love to take huge POOPS (Mar '10) 8 hr fetish man 46
Comet loyal fans get screwed. 17 hr Cheesecake 5
The WORST Contractors in Central NY (May '10) Mon Someonewhoknows 293
More from around the web