Shawn Smith on The Voice
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
In The BIZ

Utica, NY

#111 Oct 24, 2013
Iatetheentirething wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Ok Ok...maybe not Most...but some....I prob typed it to fast for my little brain to keep up with.
You had it right the first time- MOST. Sad, but true. Males, females. It doesn't matter. More often the females, but both get on their knees. The "selling your soul to satan" is a reality in most cases, especially rock and rap/hip-hop. In practically all genres (yes, even the wholesome country realm) sucking or f*cking your way to success is the norm or a requirement. So many sweet famous girls you'd never dream of doing such things have and do and will. 99% are willing to do WHATEVER it takes. They compartmentalize it so than can keep moving fwd without remorse or shame. Sometimes it videotaped for use as leverage- the industry exec won't show his face or significantly identifiable features, etc, for plausible deniability, but she (sometimes he) will be clearly identifiable doing bad things- to control and manipulate the "artist". Oft times, when a talented up and comer (no pun)(or even an established artist) suddenly disappears from the mainstream or is dropped from a major label, it's because they refused to play. Some actually do turn down fame and fortune over this.
Brad

Utica, NY

#112 Oct 24, 2013
Look, I don't know this guy at all, so I have nothing bad to say about him personally. Nevertheless, I am so glad that he's been eliminated because this area has this overwhelming need to take any kind of success or notoriety that anybody from here attains, and not only attempt to live vicariously through it, but to beat it to death. Good for Shawn that he made it that far, but bad that WKTV, etc, need to practically make it their lead story.
Wow

Blossvale, NY

#113 Oct 24, 2013
Brad wrote:
Look, I don't know this guy at all, so I have nothing bad to say about him personally. Nevertheless, I am so glad that he's been eliminated because this area has this overwhelming need to take any kind of success or notoriety that anybody from here attains, and not only attempt to live vicariously through it, but to beat it to death. Good for Shawn that he made it that far, but bad that WKTV, etc, need to practically make it their lead story.
it could be worse......
Last nights lead story was that Utica was mentioned in a Jeopardy clue.
It is not a good trait

Utica, NY

#114 Oct 24, 2013
Get a life people wrote:
<quoted text>Like anyone cares what an idiot talking about singer entertainment believes?
Thanks for the laugh there happy everyone's jealous of fatboy. You just ooooze happiness!
You need to get a job that is challenging, maybe that will help with your jealousy issues.
No relationship at all

Utica, NY

#115 Oct 24, 2013
Cretin the moron wrote:
<quoted text>
What the f are you talking about? You must be related to Cretin. Do you like to lick manazzz too?
I have no relationship with him at all. I just know when I hear people say negative things about someone who did well with something, there is a definite jealousy issue. I just feel bad for you that you have to say these things rather than working on being successful yourself.

Since: May 13

Wethersfield, CT

#116 Nov 1, 2013
Zero wrote:
<quoted text> End result: Zero!
and im sure ur so talented and you gota chance to be a star on national TV just like Shawn, right? Haha not. Ur justa loser.im proud of Shawn.
Aldis Bagger

United States

#117 Nov 2, 2013
Kreeee wrote:
<quoted text> and im sure ur so talented and you gota chance to be a star on national TV just like Shawn, right? Haha not. Ur justa loser.im proud of Shawn.
Been there done that. Not a lot to be jealous of. Being overweight and a loser on a singing contest isn't really a very sound life goal and not that impressive to normal people. Only Uticans somehow think being on tv and "fame" instantly means happiness. What's he following this up with? A gig at Aldis?
Give it up

Utica, NY

#118 Nov 4, 2013
Aldis Bagger wrote:
<quoted text>Been there done that. Not a lot to be jealous of. Being overweight and a loser on a singing contest isn't really a very sound life goal and not that impressive to normal people. Only Uticans somehow think being on tv and "fame" instantly means happiness. What's he following this up with? A gig at Aldis?
You need to stop and think about what you are saying. You need to come to grips with something I really don't think you are consciously aware of. You are a jealous person who needs to stop and think about what your inner issues are. What does overweight have to do with anything? What does Utica have to do with the fact that you need to get up and do something with your life. People who are successful in life always have to deal with negative comments from people who are unsuccessful as I suspect you are. You think your negative comments will be a way for you to feel better about yourself. If you put other people down, somehow that raises your worth. But it really doesn't. You really need to focus on you. Stop being so negative, so jealous. Try to get a grip. Do this for yourself, you will feel better. You won't be so angry at the world. Just try to be a positive person and don't worry about others who succeed. You succeed!
The way it is

Herkimer, NY

#119 Nov 5, 2013
Give it up wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to stop and think about what you are saying. You need to come to grips with something I really don't think you are consciously aware of. You are a jealous person who needs to stop and think about what your inner issues are. What does overweight have to do with anything? What does Utica have to do with the fact that you need to get up and do something with your life. People who are successful in life always have to deal with negative comments from people who are unsuccessful as I suspect you are. You think your negative comments will be a way for you to feel better about yourself. If you put other people down, somehow that raises your worth. But it really doesn't. You really need to focus on you. Stop being so negative, so jealous. Try to get a grip. Do this for yourself, you will feel better. You won't be so angry at the world. Just try to be a positive person and don't worry about others who succeed. You succeed!
Well said and so true!!
Get Real

Utica, NY

#120 Nov 20, 2013
ChasingPillows wrote:
Too bad he's an arrogant, self centered jerk.
I am sure he will make for good TV though, so did Jersey Shore.
Obviously you don't know the man...
Get Real

Utica, NY

#121 Nov 20, 2013
The Truthest wrote:
I wish the guy all the luck in the world... But he has to quit calling himself "Big Sexy", I will give him the Big part, but he has never been nor ever will be Sexy, and the continued use of the name makes him look like a ego maniac.
He didn't give himself the name, it was a nickname from fans. If you knew him, you would call him that, too! Sorry for you that you don't...
Obviously

Pulaski, NY

#122 Nov 20, 2013
I agree that he is sexy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor's Statement 52 min Wow 11
nh football coach 52 min DADS JOB 20
Cross on mountain seen from thruway (Jul '08) 54 min ComingSoon 28
Kaitlyn Conley 2 56 min Detective Spooner 9
Keeler Takes a Knee BOYCOTT KEELER 1 hr LoveTrump 7
Perverts who rape children 1 hr seriously 1
OD and opinions 1 hr Joe bag a donuts 1
NFL/NBA Players vs Trump 3 hr Pelosi 100
Gonna sit back and watch the show! 9 hr Vaginatuccipassalia 19
Daaaar She Blows 14 hr The Utica Tribe 25

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages