Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2014

Judged:

Can oootica still hold claim to inventing chicken riggies? Mayor Palmieri said his grandmother invented them in 1936.
Too nostolgic

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Why are you still "HERE" Do you work?
S Froid

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Wboro Trashes Kid wrote:
According to Wikipedia, tomato pie was not created in Utica. It seems to have originated in New Jersey at least four years before it surfaced in Utica. How is this possible??? I mean Uticas greatest contribution to this countries history and culture might be a falsity??? Oh my goodness this can't be true.
What happens now? Will the new mega chip plant not be built? Will the Utica sign be taken down? Will the estates of Annette funiciello and dick clark denounce their Utican citizenships? Will dan akroyds bronzed terd from delmonicos be destroyed?
The ramifications of this will certainly be felt worldwide. Oh the horror!! Lol
Aren't you the one who brags about having 'carved out a great life' for himself?
I'm having trouble visualizing that:)
Utica Positivity Brigade

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Hilarious! I remember when someone on here claimed that Utica invented Pizza for the rest of America!
well

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

Wboro Trashes Kid wrote:
According to Wikipedia, tomato pie was not created in Utica. It seems to have originated in New Jersey at least four years before it surfaced in Utica. How is this possible??? I mean Uticas greatest contribution to this countries history and culture might be a falsity??? Oh my goodness this can't be true.
What happens now? Will the new mega chip plant not be built? Will the Utica sign be taken down? Will the estates of Annette funiciello and dick clark denounce their Utican citizenships? Will dan akroyds bronzed terd from delmonicos be destroyed?
The ramifications of this will certainly be felt worldwide. Oh the horror!! Lol
If you believe everything you read on Wikipedia, then you are dumber than you sound. You must be old, no one reads wiki anymore.
Badass

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

Judged:

American Beer was actually first invented here in Fort Schuyler before it was called Utica by the Palatine Germans like Herkimer, Matt (Von Matt), et al. So, Utica is on the map for this. Riggies are Utican and the tomato pie that ALL america has come to know, LOVE and relate to was made here in utica first. There is a n.jersey origination, but it's actually NOT exactly the same recipe and never became the national sensation like Utica's has. Learn you real Utuca history fuknuts.
Utica Positivity Brigade

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

I don't think that "All america" can really "love and relate to" tomato pie. I mean come on... it was invented in New Joyzey and worshipped in Chuutica. Hardly the trailblazers of American style and culture.

I also can tell you that "all of america" does NOT know of tomato pie. There are even people in Syracuse that have no clue what Tomato Pie is, just like how there are people here that look clueless when you mention "red hot" or "garbage plate."

I made "greens" for a potluck in Syracuse once, and they all looked at me funny.

"I'm brought greens."
"You mean collard greens? "
"No, UTICA GREENS."
"Uh huh. Looks like spinach in cheese. But a lot less cheese. A lot like that 'pizza' you brought last time.."
"Well... uh... yeah, sorry about that guys. People in Utica said this represents their city..."
"That it's cold, cheap, weird, and full of fail? Yeah. That's Utica. Kind of like their beer."
Mick

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Judged:

Utica didn't invent riggies or greens, but they were made popular here.
Really

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2014

Red Hot or Garbage Plate are local/regional names that can't be expected to be known everywhere. Just like: Sub, Submarine, Hoagie, Poor Boy, hero, tunnel, dagwood, subway, grinder, rocket, torpedo, blimpie, bomber, gut buster, belly buster. All the same sandwich with different regional or local names.
creepy

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

Judged:

a black man invented the compact disc CD and lived in utica.
true and the one who gets credit only improved upon it.
no joke
chad

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

creepy wrote:
a black man invented the compact disc CD and lived in utica.
true and the one who gets credit only improved upon it.
no joke
Your welfare brain doesn't even know what a PC is, blacks made EBT, welfare, crime.

Save your welfare BS failure cretin.
creepy

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

all true key components of the compact disc.(optical audio disc)
henry ford did NOT invent the automobile either.
also the 2 piece phone.
lived in utica and worked at rome lab.
all true my friend

and LATEX paint was invented in rome.
not to mention hundreds of other things in utica from good ol DB smiths.
among many others.
at one time the area had a lot to be proud of.
Great Implosion 2014

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2014

I have blown alot of men in the Utica region.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

237 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WKTV's new broadcast desk 7 min HDtv 50
Things u miss 10 min sad 29
Whitesboro FD to take over 22 min Nikkita 1
Gnatek Cancel the bus 26 min CNY death tax N sewage 77
riggie once attempted suicide 27 min Gaggy 7
Nano Jobs 28 min CNY death tax N sewage 13
If Cuomo steps down over Moreland then what for... 39 min ROLOL 50
ConMed under siege? 1 hr KOMRAD KOUMO 9
Golfers- where do you play and why 3 hr so true 39