First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ellie

AOL

#1 Sep 14, 2008
Am thinking of applying for a position with UCP...any stories about what its like to work for that organization?
i heard

Rome, NY

#2 Sep 15, 2008
I heard Upper Managment is good. I heard (some) of the young workers act ( young & immature ). Also when the clients get out of control that they have super human strength.

sorry the above is not very helpful.
drama

United States

#3 Sep 15, 2008
if you liked being in high school with all the drama. go ahead... actually i think it was worse at ucp.... i worked there for 2 years and was fed up...
yourwitness

Manlius, NY

#4 Sep 15, 2008
well, what location, what position, and what are your qualifications? More info needed. Then you might get the scoop
Carlba

Rome, NY

#5 Sep 24, 2009
i heard wrote:
I heard Upper Managment is good. I heard (some) of the young workers act ( young & immature ). Also when the clients get out of control that they have super human strength.
sorry the above is not very helpful.
Manangement is a joke
be careful

Long Eddy, NY

#6 Sep 24, 2009
They are not bad to work for, just stay away from the sauquoit day program, and residence, the management is very unprofessional to say the least.
employed there

Cicero, NY

#7 Sep 24, 2009
been working for UCP for 11 years. quit my full time job for this which I do part time. I love it. clients are great! Got to love doing this type of work, or don"t bother.
maybe

Rome, NY

#8 Sep 25, 2009
employed there wrote:
been working for UCP for 11 years. quit my full time job for this which I do part time. I love it. clients are great! Got to love doing this type of work, or don"t bother.
how bout that human resource department. yeah
fulfilling

Long Eddy, NY

#9 Sep 30, 2009
The clients are the best part of the job, there very unique individuals and a joy to work for. The problems come from the residential and day program management at a few sites. The management are promoted without the adequate management skills or education. This destroys the work environment for the employees, and creates and undesirable situation.
jackson cpa

New York, NY

#10 May 5, 2010
the next audit
frustrated employee

Saranac Lake, NY

#11 May 29, 2011
It doesn't matter where you go in the agency u will run into hs drama all over...thats what you get when all you have to do is fill out a reg application....shoot they hire druggies there.
Et Tu

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jun 3, 2011
Times are a changing.... They are driving out the old.
watch out

Cortland, NY

#13 Jun 3, 2011
its medicaid audit season.

Level 3

Since: Aug 08

Utica, NY

#14 Jun 3, 2011
I've worked for both the Arc and UCP, UCP first. I really liked the Arc better. If you want to get into that line of work, I suggest looking there first. They seem like they take more care with whom they hire. I always used to say that UCP will hire anyone with a pulse, but then that was a good decade ago--things may have changed. That's not to say there aren't a lot of really good workers there, but there have definitely been some doozies. As for drama, that's anywhere.

Level 3

Utica, NY

#15 Jun 3, 2011
of course i just realized the original post was back in 2008. Kind of moot now.
Et Tu

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Jun 3, 2011
lol There is drama everywhere, but as far as past and present, it is much worse now than then. Not just drama, everyone is afraid of everyone, so much backstabbing because everyone is afraid of losing their job, and the more time you have the more you have to watch your back... Good Luck. What's the Medicaid Audit season about?

Level 3

Utica, NY

#17 Jun 4, 2011
Et Tu wrote:
lol There is drama everywhere, but as far as past and present, it is much worse now than then. Not just drama, everyone is afraid of everyone, so much backstabbing because everyone is afraid of losing their job, and the more time you have the more you have to watch your back... Good Luck. What's the Medicaid Audit season about?
Ha well, that's pretty bad because when I was there 10 years ago, it was pretty bad then.
I think the medicaid audit season has to do with the state showing up at any time. If so, that's always a joy.
Truth

Morrisville, NY

#18 Sep 13, 2011
Any better there? I heard a lot of higher ups are leaving? Anyone know why?
JAN

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Sep 30, 2011
The Dr Corasanti that killed the child in the hit and run, Is this the same Dr Corasanti that the UCP Childrens Corasanti Center was named after?
haa

Hamilton, NY

#20 Jan 17, 2012
HR is an absolute joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's up with all the weird threads?? 1 min right side 7
Usmail Electric BUSTED in State CometsSCAM Audi... 10 min Absolutely Not True 61
On The Mark 22 min mario 44
Sean Hannity Gay 30 min Choochho 7
Paul McCartney sucks 31 min no way 8
How R the Edge Paid Trolls? 31 min The City of Riggies 6
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 32 min Justice 181
tenney 11 hr brady bunch 79

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages