Cafe Bella Mia takes phone off the ho...

Cafe Bella Mia takes phone off the hook during business hours

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Who Does This

Manlius, NY

#1 Apr 16, 2010
They don't want to take to-go orders, so they take their phone off the hook. What kind of business does that? Don't waste your time telling us that you're that busy and have more business than you need.
Farm Town

Canastota, NY

#2 Apr 16, 2010
Go to St. Anthonys or Deerfield Fire House if you want your discount fish fry!
Hmmm

Westernville, NY

#3 Apr 16, 2010
Who Does This wrote:
They don't want to take to-go orders, so they take their phone off the hook. What kind of business does that? Don't waste your time telling us that you're that busy and have more business than you need.
and why does this bother you??? are u losing money I dont get it!!!!!
Truth

East Syracuse, NY

#4 Apr 16, 2010
Actually, one of the best places I have ever been stopped doing that, instead they pick up the phone and say " I'm too busy, call back later, thank you."
You see, one can only cook so fast...Better to do it right than take an order you will mess up
Too Funny

Canastota, NY

#5 Apr 16, 2010
Truth wrote:
Actually, one of the best places I have ever been stopped doing that, instead they pick up the phone and say " I'm too busy, call back later, thank you."
You see, one can only cook so fast...Better to do it right than take an order you will mess up
Maybe they should have one of those automated polite messages like the fast food places. The ones that say, "hello, welcome to Wendy's where everyday we appreciate your business, can we take your order?" before you hear the sound of the actual workers voice in ebonics.
Why Squawk

AOL

#7 Apr 16, 2010
hungry Utican wrote:
will never eat there again. Just had the riggies today and after waiting for almost 2 hours,they were terrible.
Just don't go back. That's all.
Chief

Manlius, NY

#8 Apr 16, 2010
We already went thru this several different times on other postings! NEXT TOPIC PLEASE!
Who Does This wrote:
Who Does This

Manlius, NY

#9 Apr 17, 2010
Chief wrote:
We already went thru this several different times on other postings! NEXT TOPIC PLEASE!
<quoted text>
Excuse me that I'm not on this site as often as you are, because I've never seen it.
Hmmm

Westernville, NY

#11 Apr 17, 2010
Who Does This wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me that I'm not on this site as often as you are, because I've never seen it.
why start now????
advice

Manlius, NY

#12 Apr 18, 2010
Its plain and simple.....the owners are rude so why wouldn't they make a rude gesture like disconnecting the phone? I wouldn't call or step foot in that place if I were u.
Rudy

Chittenango, NY

#13 Apr 18, 2010
The food is AWESOME and the service has always been good. It is always worth the wait. If you don't feel that way you can go somewhere else to eat.
Sick of It

AOL

#14 Apr 18, 2010
this shyt gets old---FAST!
Jimmy

Waterloo, Canada

#15 Apr 20, 2010
Sick of It wrote:
this shyt gets old---FAST!
Well then give your customers some courtesy and answer the f'n phone. I've heard several people complain about this. Treat customers with respect and just tell them sorry, but you're not taking take out order's because its too busy. This isn't rocket science. On a side note, good luck with your business. Treat people how you would like to be treated.
Nola

United States

#16 Apr 20, 2010
I got a batch of bad ice cream I think from that place and I was down for three days pooping ice cream.
why

Utica, NY

#17 Apr 20, 2010
Why does everybody trash on this place. I have been there 3 times over the last 2 years and the food was good every time. Not only was it good I got a ton of it for half the price of similar places. I had left overs for 3 days. I wish they served alcohol but i can live with out.
Who Does This

Manlius, NY

#18 Apr 21, 2010
why wrote:
Why does everybody trash on this place. I have been there 3 times over the last 2 years and the food was good every time. Not only was it good I got a ton of it for half the price of similar places. I had left overs for 3 days. I wish they served alcohol but i can live with out.
Did I say anything about the taste or portions of food? My complaint was service-related. Whoever has something negative to say about my complaint must be the owner, relative or friend. Why would someone else care to put down my complaint? I have nothing personal against the owners.
At Least

Watertown, NY

#19 Apr 21, 2010
I can see the point about taking the phone off the hook. The OP is right - who does something like that?

However, the alternative is to have it answered by a rude, inconsiderate employee at the other end who will likely just hang up on you because they're "so busy".

And the food ISN'T that great, despite the portion size. Perhaps if they cut down the portions, they would be more able to provide better service.
balljoy

Whitesboro, NY

#20 Apr 21, 2010
Who Does This wrote:
I have seen both the owner and her sister scratching their crotches while they are working aroung the kitchen. One of them actually had her hand inside of her pants while she was scratching her cooch!

“It's never who you think ”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#21 Apr 21, 2010
Just don't go there simple as that. Its the same situation as askng for butter at Pellettieri Joes. The food at Bella Mia is good.

You people have really nothing better to do than bash on a local business. DO YOU WANT ANOTHER LOCAL BUSINESS TO CLOSE UP SHOP?

We are in UTICA, NY we should try and save every last business we have. Who cares if they take the phone off the hook do you ever ignore or not pick up the phone at your house ? WHO CARES what they do as long as they are paying their taxes and nt breaking the law ?

Honestly WHO CARES ? They are a tax paying business let them be.

“It's never who you think ”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#22 Apr 21, 2010
It is this type of insignificant, immature behavior that will NEVER allow Utica to become a great city ever again.

Dont you people realize the City is bleeding out money ? That we are paying a lawyer $150 an hour to do what ? Oh wait thats right we DONT KNOW

But please dedicate your to bashing on a small locally owned business. And when your taxes shoot through the roof you will all be back on here passing the buck to someone else. THE BUCK MUST STOP HERE. Utica needs to be revived and the only place to start is with the PEOPLE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica should EMBRACE its prison - welfare economy! 2 min Oh Well 20
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 18 min Alimony 119
Who funds Mohawk valley EDGE 20 min School 4cny retards 9
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 21 min Racist Utica Trash 121
OD's Liz Cooper's $45B with a BULLSHlT 'B' Nan... 30 min Lies 9
Talk of the town/Trump hating 31 min hmm 4
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 31 min The taxpayers are 534
No Downtown hospital 1 hr SOI 146
Not All Nazis Are Bad 1 hr julis braun 79

Utica Jobs