Refugee students cost more to educate them.

Posted in the Utica Forum

put our fence up

Little Falls, NY

#1 Mar 9, 2014
why just cant they stay where they came from? it will also keep the muslims out.
see the www.uticaod.com for more
Reader

Holden, MA

#2 Mar 9, 2014
My question is -what does the city of Utica get for allowing all of these refugees to come here? There has to be some type of pay off. If the city gets any money from the federal government then they should have to provide our school district with so much per student to help pay for their education and all the extras they need. I can't wait until these students are held accountable to the common core. Say goodbye to all the teachers and the school as they will be blamed for their students lack of knowledge.
Agree

Holden, MA

#3 Mar 9, 2014
The time has come for Utica to stop this stream of refugees coming here. We have enough of them here already. All they do is drain our social services of tons of money. Our city cannot afford all of them any more. Who do we complain to?

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 9, 2014
Agree wrote:
The time has come for Utica to stop this stream of refugees coming here. We have enough of them here already. All they do is drain our social services of tons of money. Our city cannot afford all of them any more. Who do we complain to?
You should start with any of your friends or relatives who don't have roots in another country. Seriously, form an alliance of non immigrant Americans. I would join you but My Grand Parents were ALL immigrants.(btw i love the way you "agree" with your own post)
time has cume

Little Falls, NY

#5 Mar 9, 2014
to secure our borders to keep the rift raft muslums out
hardly

New Hartford, NY

#6 Mar 9, 2014
The Refugee Center employees want to stay employed and keep their homes on the outskirts of the city(away from the imports) so they keep petitioning U.S. Immigration Services for more and more refugees. Write to Immigration as well as your Congressman and tell them how you feel. Tell them we are a poor community that is overtaxed and completely drained by the burden of these people. Tell them enough is enough.
Kneeguh

Utica, NY

#7 Mar 9, 2014
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>You should start with any of your friends or relatives who don't have roots in another country. Seriously, form an alliance of non immigrant Americans. I would join you but My Grand Parents were ALL immigrants.(btw i love the way you "agree" with your own post)
NEWSFLASH-nobody gives a fck where your [rents came from communist! STFU
Agree

Grafton, MA

#8 Mar 9, 2014
Yes we are all from immigrant families unless you are a Native American. But when our grandparents came here they had to be sponsored by a family that guaranteed that they would have a job. They did not live on welfare. Plus they tried to assimilate into the new culture by trying to blend in and learn the language. The new round of immigrants want to keep their traditional dress, language, religion everything the same except carrying a brand new snap card. I'm all for people coming here but some kind of quota should be set. Utica has enough of them and our schools are hurting.
Lol

Utica, NY

#9 Mar 9, 2014
This isnt being mean but the truth is these utica imigrants are no differsnt then an animal. They live like barn animals and were supossed to except them
Ellis Island

Rome, NY

#10 Mar 9, 2014
put our fence up wrote:
why just cant they stay where they came from? it will also keep the muslims out.
see the www.uticaod.com for more
You must Be native American. Sorry for your lose
Ellis Island

Rome, NY

#11 Mar 9, 2014
Agree wrote:
You must Be native American. Sorry for your lose
Sam

Utica, NY

#12 Mar 9, 2014
Reader wrote:
My question is -what does the city of Utica get for allowing all of these refugees to come here? There has to be some type of pay off. If the city gets any money from the federal government then they should have to provide our school district with so much per student to help pay for their education and all the extras they need. I can't wait until these students are held accountable to the common core. Say goodbye to all the teachers and the school as they will be blamed for their students lack of knowledge.
Federal Grant Money for many programs
brown trout

Rome, NY

#13 Mar 9, 2014
Reader wrote:
It's a little cruel of you to wish for the failure of the kids. In order to blame the teachers. All so you can say I told you so.
Agree

Plantsville, CT

#14 Mar 10, 2014
Dear brown trout. I'm not wishing for the failure of the students so the teachers can be blamed. I don't know how you derived at thinking of that from what I wrote. What I'm saying is they are using up a lot of our school districts money due to the special services they must receive. Our district has no place to obtain all the extra money needed to pay these costs. A quota is needed on the number of immigrants coming here and being sent to our schools. If utica is receiving federal grants to take in these people then our school should be able to receive money also.
LFOL

Utica, NY

#15 Mar 10, 2014
Yes, Utica would be such a prosperous place without immigrants LOL.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#17 Apr 2, 2014
Why is it, so many "non-immigrants" are so ignorant???

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Sherrill, NY

#18 Apr 2, 2014
They're not non-immigrants, just white people who want their "America" back. That means before the black president. They all feel like they are owed something. Always worried about what somebody else has and always feels slighted. "It's not fair."

Shut up.
Jane Goodall

Kearney, NE

#21 Apr 3, 2014
It cost 7 times less to teach gorillas and low tech rashes then any other, as they just become criminals or live on topix saving the gorillas cuz the gorilla is the only thing can can stand a rash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Spy- Utica OD 2 min Overweight Utican 13
Utica joins other Upstate cities struggling to ... 3 min Overweight Utican 7
I Love It 3 min Overweight Utican 28
Punch a Goombah Day 3 min Overweight Utican 22
The Nano Project Collapse 4 min Overweight Utican 12
Oneida lake marina quotes one price and charges... (Apr '13) 4 min hisneighbor 40
Smashing Comedian, Gallagher is Staying in Utica 4 min Overweight Utican 2
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:26 pm PST