Commissioner King right on

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truth

Syracuse, NY

#1 Oct 8, 2013
I attended the Town Hall last night. I had 2 problems with this. One it was heavily dominated by teachers. They are not the ones I want to hear from I want to hear from parent. The second is when the kids got up and expressed that do not want their teachers to lose their job, I wonder who has been filling the kids about potential job loss. Teachers suck it up it is about time we measured the effectiveness of kids education and stop complaining to your students about it. Our education system has been on a steep decline by any way you want to measure it. Hats off to the state for trying to change a system that is broken.
Curious

Holyoke, MA

#2 Oct 8, 2013
Truth I also attended the meeting and obviously you haven't a clue as to what the real problem is. I will not take the time to explain it you as you wouldn't accept the "truth" since you have shown that you are a teacher basher. Educate yourself The problem is not the common core but the way they have decided to implement it. Get your hands on some of the modules and read them You would be shocked. Oh and I am a parent not a teacher.
wonder

Moravia, NY

#3 Oct 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
Truth I also attended the meeting and obviously you haven't a clue as to what the real problem is. I will not take the time to explain it you as you wouldn't accept the "truth" since you have shown that you are a teacher basher. Educate yourself The problem is not the common core but the way they have decided to implement it. Get your hands on some of the modules and read them You would be shocked. Oh and I am a parent not a teacher.
Sounds like teachers do not want to be evaluated on the effectiveness of their job. They have unions and tenure. When is the last teacher that was fired for poor performance. Stop complaining especially to your students.
anon

Utica, NY

#4 Oct 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
Thank you. I'm a mother and teacher.
Curious

Holyoke, MA

#5 Oct 8, 2013
Any teacher worth their salt would invite you in at anytime to evaluate their effectiveness. You are showing your hate for the teachers and your inability to grasp what is really happening. Did you know that a required reading book for elementary students is about the Taliban coming for a child's father with a gun fully illustrated. I for one do not want my son reading this. Either totally get involved or shut up because you are showing your ignorance.
anon

Utica, NY

#6 Oct 9, 2013
wonder

Moravia, NY

#7 Oct 9, 2013
This explains why taxpayers are so frustrated
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/education...
anon

Springfield, MA

#8 Oct 9, 2013
wonder wrote:
This explains why taxpayers are so frustrated
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/education...
That is in NYC....
wonder

Moravia, NY

#9 Oct 9, 2013
You are right only NYC has bad teachers where you teach every teacher is exceptional. Grow up the system is geared toward teachers keeping their job not for performance. You may be a exceptional teacher but a poor teacher with more years makes more. This is a system that is broke and it is time to demand performance just like every other private job.
Curious

Medford, MA

#10 Oct 9, 2013
wonder wrote:
You are right only NYC has bad teachers where you teach every teacher is exceptional. Grow up the system is geared toward teachers keeping their job not for performance. You may be a exceptional teacher but a poor teacher with more years makes more. This is a system that is broke and it is time to demand performance just like every other private job.
believe it or not I agree that bad teachers need to go but what we are talking about has nothing to do with that. We are against the common core as it is to be implemented with modules that have been so poorly designed. I'm sick of my kids being used as guinea pigs. This is about the kids not the teachers. I would never want to be a teacher and put up with people like you who talk out of their ass because they think teachers have it made. Go spend some time in a classroom and see how great it truly is.
wonder

Syracuse, NY

#11 Oct 9, 2013
If you are for getting rid of bad teachers why don't you put as much effort into repealing tenure as you do to common core.
anon

Utica, NY

#12 Oct 9, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>believe it or not I agree that bad teachers need to go but what we are talking about has nothing to do with that. We are against the common core as it is to be implemented with modules that have been so poorly designed. I'm sick of my kids being used as guinea pigs. This is about the kids not the teachers. I would never want to be a teacher and put up with people like you who talk out of their ass because they think teachers have it made. Go spend some time in a classroom and see how great it truly is.
Thank you!
Curious

Medford, MA

#13 Oct 9, 2013
Wonder -I would never work to end tenure for teachers. why? Mainly because of people like you. The power that it gives assholes thinking they could terminate a teachers position for no apparent good reason except that maybe they don't like their teaching approach or maybe they had to scold their little darling child for being a bully or maybe you just don't like the sound of the teachers voice. Do you get my point? In other words teachers would be at the mercy of every nut like yourself who could get them fired for anything that they didn't like or approve of and have no one to back them up. I would like to see how you would handle my son's class--31 first graders all in one room , 4 of them can't speak a word of English, 5 Of them speak broken Spanish, 6 of them are special Ed inclusion students , 2 speak an Asian dialect and I won't mention the races of the rest or their cultural or financial status. I can only feel sorry for that teacher. Oh and by the way I am not Caucasian either in case you were thinking I was prejudice.
wonder

Moravia, NY

#14 Oct 9, 2013
Curious wrote:
Wonder -I would never work to end tenure for teachers. why? Mainly because of people like you. The power that it gives assholes thinking they could terminate a teachers position for no apparent good reason except that maybe they don't like their teaching approach or maybe they had to scold their little darling child for being a bully or maybe you just don't like the sound of the teachers voice. Do you get my point? In other words teachers would be at the mercy of every nut like yourself who could get them fired for anything that they didn't like or approve of and have no one to back them up. I would like to see how you would handle my son's class--31 first graders all in one room , 4 of them can't speak a word of English, 5 Of them speak broken Spanish, 6 of them are special Ed inclusion students , 2 speak an Asian dialect and I won't mention the races of the rest or their cultural or financial status. I can only feel sorry for that teacher. Oh and by the way I am not Caucasian either in case you were thinking I was prejudice.
Many people have unions that make sure people are treated fairly not sure why teachers need both. If teachers can not handle the job move on.
Curious

Medford, MA

#15 Oct 9, 2013
There ya go again hating on the teachers. What do you think about my son's class? I bet you couldn't last a half hour in there let alone teach them specific operations for them to pass all the tests thrown at them. If I had the money I would send my children to a private school that doesn't have to adhere to the common core just like the commissioner does. I guess it shows how much he believes in what he preaches
wonder

Moravia, NY

#16 Oct 10, 2013
Curious wrote:
There ya go again hating on the teachers. What do you think about my son's class? I bet you couldn't last a half hour in there let alone teach them specific operations for them to pass all the tests thrown at them. If I had the money I would send my children to a private school that doesn't have to adhere to the common core just like the commissioner does. I guess it shows how much he believes in what he preaches
so why are teachers and the union against vouchers so people like you can have a choice. You are the one that does not get it.
Normy

New Hartford, NY

#17 Oct 10, 2013
wonder wrote:
<quoted text>so why are teachers and the union against vouchers so people like you can have a choice. You are the one that does not get it.
You already have school choice. Did somebody "force" you to live in YOUR school district? Moron alert.
wonder

Moravia, NY

#18 Oct 10, 2013
So if I live in a community I must shop in that store instead of one that I would prefer. Give kids and parents a choice and you will see kids excel. Only unions want to limit choices.
Curious

Worcester, MA

#19 Oct 10, 2013
Oh my god is there anything else you want to blame on teachers and their union?do some research and you will see that most charter schools fail. There recently was a special on tv that showed they are not what they appear to be. All smoke and screens. Private schools do prosper because they have a specific clientele that can throw lot of money into their kids education and those kids will receive fantastic grades whether they earned them or not. They won't make mommy and daddy unhappy with their kids. Some will learn and achieve but wouldn't you if you only had 15 kids in your class and you could tailor make their studies and not have to follow state regs that public schools need to?
Bill

New Hartford, NY

#20 Oct 10, 2013
wonder wrote:
So if I live in a community I must shop in that store instead of one that I would prefer. Give kids and parents a choice and you will see kids excel. Only unions want to limit choices.
You CHOSE the community you live in. Get a better job if you can't live in a good school district. School choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Kodi Build? 5 min hey 2
Work On Aud Improvements 7 min Welfare Cup Winners 371
Does Joel Young have sex with his daughter 8 min mom2 2
Vancouver Canucks/Utica Sports Welfare Dies Hard 11 min A Moronic Topic 34
Another shady Utica Comets Audit? (Nov '16) 16 min Only In Utica 365
Why are Uticans so defensive & parrot-stupid? 18 min A Moronic Topic 6
Ray Durso and Genesis 25 min curious 9
Kaitlyn Conley (Jun '16) 1 hr Scotts Smirk Slapped 670
any famous people living currently in utica? (Dec '08) 1 hr Game Troll 436
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 2 hr Hire a lawyer 85