Stop smoking commercial

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
snitch

Utica, NY

#1 Apr 24, 2013
I am tired of seeing those stop smoking commercials. I started just turning the channel.
lol

Utica, NY

#2 Apr 24, 2013
agreed they are disgusting but they don't hold a candle to the real thing, small cell or non-small cell lung cancer. it's a horrible way to die and an un-speakable experience for loved ones who become caretakers or witnesses to the patients final days and moments. it these commercials strike a nerve with you maybe you or someone you love is on the path?
agree to disagree

Herkimer, NY

#3 Apr 24, 2013
this is sad I turn the channel I get the point but this again should be a late night tv commercial
snitch

Utica, NY

#4 Apr 24, 2013
Never smoked a day in my life and my family does not smoke. What is next showing a real abortion.
Valley Neighbor

Little Falls, NY

#5 Apr 24, 2013
Yes, smoking is bad, but what about all the beer,wine, and liquor commercials, they also kill. They still keep putting those commercials on. They kill other people and the ones that indulge in it also.
Well

Massena, NY

#6 Apr 24, 2013
snitch wrote:
Never smoked a day in my life and my family does not smoke. What is next showing a real abortion.
Why not?...got to a slaughter house and you wont have another hamburger...nothing like the real thing baby!
dummypants

United States

#7 Apr 24, 2013
They're shown so much that they've lost all effectiveness; now they're just annoying.
huh

Windsor Locks, CT

#8 Apr 24, 2013
dummypants wrote:
They're shown so much that they've lost all effectiveness; now they're just annoying.
What a coincidence. So are you.
A fan

New Hartford, NY

#9 Apr 24, 2013
They've been proven effective and if it's what's gotta happen to counter the ad efforts targeted at children so be it. Want to stop them on tv, tell tobacco to lay of the target marketing. I've been smoke free for 5 years after smoking for 25 years & many attempts to quit. I'm very vocal with the dangers of smoking with my kids and as long as they keep people from lighting up they're a success.
Axe

Whitesboro, NY

#10 Apr 24, 2013
I know they are difficult to watch, just like the commercials that show the suffering animals. But, if it makes people that do smoke stop and evaluate their behavior it is all worth it.
Goose bumps

Gouverneur, NY

#11 Apr 24, 2013
Can't stand to watch them. I switch channels
Pleasure Kevin

Ithaca, NY

#12 Apr 24, 2013
We have known for many years now that not only is tobacco dangerous, it is more dangerous than having both diabetes and hypertension and not treating both. Yet somehow, people still smoke and use tobacco.

Isn't deriving pleasure from your own self-harm considered masochism?
yostacua

Ithaca, NY

#13 Apr 24, 2013
in africa the burning of witches is the same. tat skin all dead dried out.
Axe

Whitesboro, NY

#14 Apr 24, 2013
yostacua wrote:
in africa the burning of witches is the same. tat skin all dead dried out.
I find it sad that people like you can't just say something to add to a conversation. You contribute nothing and say filth as if you don't have a clue that intelligent and valid points are being made.
Yankee

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Apr 24, 2013
Axe wrote:
I know they are difficult to watch, just like the commercials that show the suffering animals. But, if it makes people that do smoke stop and evaluate their behavior it is all worth it.
No. It's not. It is sickening, offensive and makes one change the channel.

KY WELLER
Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#16 Apr 24, 2013
lol wrote:
agreed they are disgusting but they don't hold a candle to the real thing, small cell or non-small cell lung cancer. it's a horrible way to die and an un-speakable experience for loved ones who become caretakers or witnesses to the patients final days and moments. it these commercials strike a nerve with you maybe you or someone you love is on the path?
I'd shoot myself long before I got that bad. I wouldn't want to be a burden on my family.
KYs Family

Syracuse, NY

#17 Apr 25, 2013
KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text> I'd shoot myself long before I got that bad. I wouldn't want to be a burden on my family.
We'd gladly pay for the bullets as well as the gun!!
hank hill

Emmaus, PA

#18 Apr 25, 2013
Axe wrote:
where have you been hiding?
Axe

Whitesboro, NY

#19 Apr 25, 2013
I have been caught up in looking for a job and watching Lifetime movies.
hank hill

Enfield, CT

#20 Apr 25, 2013
Nice...what kinda job?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats Finally Decide To Build A Wall 11 min Hypo Crites 5
Michelle Gulla 11 min Curious 1
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 15 min Over 6
wktv mornings 16 min TV Police 86
top basketball players 39 min ok he is good 26
wife and I 1 hr she likes you 1
"Sdot" utica's liberal liberator 1 hr Make utica gr8 ag... 1
First source federal union 1 hr hmmm 9
Turning stone 17 hr Damn Indians 50

Utica Jobs