Best Dog Groomers
lwr613

Ardsley, NY

#22 Sep 24, 2013
A dog should NOT have to be shaved for one little mat behind an ear. Its common in many breeds...golden retriever's, collies, Eskimos, shih tzus, chow chows...."why don't you brush your dog" - that was a really immature and ignorant response, you must be proud....
I have two 4 year old cavalier king Charles spaniels. I tried different groomers in the area. Not one of them knew how to do a sporting trim.(Many Call it a field trim) they were not horrible groomers, just not up to my expectations. Then I found a girl at Pet Supplies Plus. I can never remember her name and they have look it up when I call but she is very good. She does an amazing sport trim for my cavaliers! Theyre so neat that if not for knowing them you'd swear they weren't just groomed! And they seem to really like her. One is a rescue and this girl is just so good to her. She's younger and I was a little put off by her at first. But, she's a sweetheart.
DOGS WORLD

New York, NY

#23 Sep 24, 2013
lostnfound wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a thought, why don't you brush your dog!!!!
Here's a thought. I do take care of my dog. I have several brushes at home and the matted area was so small it should have just been brushed out (as I have done on my own many times) not shaved down. I believe they sell various dematting brushes I wonder if Jon has ever seen one. Honestly I dont even think that this area was bad enough to need a special dematting tool so that would be the reason for the bad review and the switching groomers. I have never had a groomer completely shave my dog because of a small area like that. Next time try to keep your comments about the original question not personal attacks on the respondents. You sound like you might actually be Jon the groomer with the personal attack to my comment specifically. Which in that case I am happy with someone else and I am allowed to post my opinion on this topic so that others can benefit.
DOGS WORLD

New York, NY

#24 Sep 24, 2013
I have a golden actually.
guess what

Utica, NY

#25 Sep 24, 2013
DOGS WORLD wrote:
Jon at Pet Supplies?! You have got to be kidding me. He left nothing but marks or lines on my dog and told me he had to shave her down because of one matted spot behind her ear. I will NEVER bring my dog back to him but that other girl that works there was pretty good. Kind, friendly and seemed to know alot about dogs. My dog had a cute bandana on when I got her back and was groomed very well. I will stay with Pet Supplies but NOT with Jon.
If your dog had 'one' matted spot behind her ear, it is pretty safe to say that she had MANY more...thus, reason for shaving.As We have been taking our dogs to Jon since he started, we have only RAVE reviews to say of his work. He is highly recommended by MANY people. He ALSO puts a bandana on our dogs EVERY time they are groomed..Sounds to me as if you have a gripe because your dog was shave..NEWSFLASH: Any smart groomer would do the same, as these mats actually pull the dogs skin and hurt. The vet will tell you that they harbor fleas, also. So, do yourself a favor and thank Jon for making your dog more comfortable!
woweeeeeee

Utica, NY

#26 Sep 24, 2013
My pup is king wrote:
Tails to nails by far. She's in clinton but worth the drive
nothing like promoting yourself!. LOL
ouch

New York, NY

#27 Sep 24, 2013
owie people are so damn defensive...over an answer to someones question. How can you people sit here and judge OTHER PEOPLES experiences?!?! The original poster asked for peoples OPINIONS. Not for a war to start between idiodic people throwing negativity and insults at EACH OTHER.. People should share their experiences , GOOD AND BAD!
lostnfound

Utica, NY

#28 Sep 25, 2013
lwr613 wrote:
A dog should NOT have to be shaved for one little mat behind an ear. Its common in many breeds...golden retriever's, collies, Eskimos, shih tzus, chow chows...."why don't you brush your dog" - that was a really immature and ignorant response, you must be proud....
I have two 4 year old cavalier king Charles spaniels. I tried different groomers in the area. Not one of them knew how to do a sporting trim.(Many Call it a field trim) they were not horrible groomers, just not up to my expectations. Then I found a girl at Pet Supplies Plus. I can never remember her name and they have look it up when I call but she is very good. She does an amazing sport trim for my cavaliers! Theyre so neat that if not for knowing them you'd swear they weren't just groomed! And they seem to really like her. One is a rescue and this girl is just so good to her. She's younger and I was a little put off by her at first. But, she's a sweetheart.
Hi Miss Boston,

I have Pomeranians with double coats, I've never taken any of them to a groomer and do all brushing and grooming myself. They have thick double coats which require lots of care. My "immature comment" was for the person who is throwing out names of an employee at a pet store. I think if you have something negative to say about a business or any specific person this is not a place to do it. I stand by my comment either way, if you brush your dog they won't have knotted hair. The shave irritations that were mentioned in the complaint is probably because the groomer had to shave close to the skin to get rid of all the knotted hair. I don't believe that there was only a small knot behind the ear, it doesn't make sense and therefore that persons whole post is bogus.

Kind regards :)
Pussycat

Hartford, CT

#29 Sep 25, 2013
I have cats!
Blondie

Hockessin, DE

#30 Sep 25, 2013
David Williams is actually one of the best around. Don't know where he's working out of these days. If you can find him he's awesome. He used to make my poodles so fancy .
dogs world

New York, NY

#31 Sep 25, 2013
I never said that my dogs skin was irritated. Where did you get that from? And my dog was at the vet two days prior. Of which I have gotten a statement from them concerning the condition of my dog and have sent that into pet supplies plus corporate office. They're (the vet) the ones who also recommended he be groomed in the first place. Their words were such that only the mat behind the ear would need to be shaved. Must I post it here so that you can stop judging and acting like you know my life and dog personally? I am very happy that you groom your own dogs. Many people do. Yay! No ones ignorance will stop me from sharing my experience.
cat lover

Utica, NY

#32 Sep 25, 2013
cats are the way to go
Pussycat

Westwood, MA

#33 Sep 26, 2013
cat lover wrote:
cats are the way to go
You are absolutely right!
kim

Southwick, MA

#34 Jul 9, 2014
go anywheres except shaggy chic in new hartford a 4 year old yorkie died while being groomed there so tragic that place should be shut down !

“Hello”

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

Matawan, NJ

#35 Jul 9, 2014
There is a lady over in east utica that does grooming. If you love your pet DO NOT bring any animal to her. She will HARM your pet. She completely razor burned my Shih Tzu and clipped one of her nails WAY to short, almost completely removing it. It was just awful!!! I was so mad!! Please do not bring any pet to this lady.
Ummmmm

Springfield, NJ

#37 Jul 10, 2014
Titanium22 wrote:
There is a lady over in east utica that does grooming. If you love your pet DO NOT bring any animal to her. She will HARM your pet. She completely razor burned my Shih Tzu and clipped one of her nails WAY to short, almost completely removing it. It was just awful!!! I was so mad!! Please do not bring any pet to this lady.
What's her name?
mindy

Carthage, NY

#38 Jul 10, 2014
DOGS WORLD wrote:
Jon at Pet Supplies?! You have got to be kidding me. He left nothing but marks or lines on my dog and told me he had to shave her down because of one matted spot behind her ear. I will NEVER bring my dog back to him but that other girl that works there was pretty good. Kind, friendly and seemed to know alot about dogs. My dog had a cute bandana on when I got her back and was groomed very well. I will stay with Pet Supplies but NOT with Jon.
a mat about the size of a quarter nearly cost my dogs life. An offensive odor prompted me to take him to the vet. a flea must have gotten in there leaving infection and 'worms' which were eatin away at my baby. A month of antibiotics and a small surgery saved her. Thank God John did what any conscientious groomer would have done. Kudos to him.

“Hello”

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

Clark Mills, NY

#39 Jul 10, 2014
Ummmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
What's her name?
I'm not sure. It's an older lady and her left arm is somewhat crippled. She lives on or right off of Albany st.
Kevin

Utica, NY

#40 Sep 16, 2014
kim wrote:
go anywheres except shaggy chic in new hartford a 4 year old yorkie died while being groomed there so tragic that place should be shut down !
this happened with the previous owner. shaggy chic is great. My dogs and I love it.
Mikejb

Utica, NY

#41 Sep 17, 2014
Nancy at pet supplies
Us is very good . My pood
E looks great every time
one paw at a time

Utica, NY

#42 Sep 20, 2014
why don't you brush your hair--moron........don't know about dog grooming ..but, for just a bath and nails "one paw at a time" in Whitesboro is excellent...Laurie is wonderful...I have been going elsewhere(don't want to bash anybody here)but...laurie is TOP NOTCH--TOP DOG-SPOT ON--etc.....really she's great and the prices are very reasonable !!!! She's got my business from now on..yepper !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do old ladies still like to screw 21 min Askurmom 3
I Am An American 21 min An American 1
who has a stinkycunt ? 33 min off clinton 7
Wboro school bullying (Jan '17) 34 min nnnnnn 17
Kelly Brothers 36 min Candace 6
TRUMP is a HU G E LIAR 40 min ApprovalRating 5
Liz Paul druggie daughter arrested again 45 min Anonymous 1
Prostitution bust 1 hr Lakewood 91
Adam musyt 3 hr clark kent 10
Family court race 4 hr Felons 4 Deep N M... 46