Annie

Utica, NY

#1 Nov 2, 2013
Anyone have any info on that nut case involved in the road rage Wednesday? Wow!! What a lunatic... if he gets his pistol permit back we all need to be afraid. Really?? What kind of a judge would allow someone to carry a gun after he gets arrested for pointing it at someone because they blew their horn??? This world is NUTS!!!
wondering

Utica, NY

#2 Nov 2, 2013
Annie wrote:
Anyone have any info on that nut case involved in the road rage Wednesday? Wow!! What a lunatic... if he gets his pistol permit back we all need to be afraid. Really?? What kind of a judge would allow someone to carry a gun after he gets arrested for pointing it at someone because they blew their horn??? This world is NUTS!!!
What is this all about? I didn't hear anything about this story. Sounds disturbing.
Sam

Utica, NY

#3 Nov 2, 2013
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this all about? I didn't hear anything about this story. Sounds disturbing.
several UPD officers responded to the 400 block of Larchmont Ave. for a road rage incident in which a man pulled a gun on another motorist. The caller told officers that he was driving and beeped his horn at another vehicle. The driver of that vehicle then made an obscene gesture toward him. The victim stopped his vehicle to ask the man why he made that gesture. The suspect then threatened the man with a handgun and stated "I could waste you now". When officers arrived , the suspect was on scene, and was found to be in possession of a Kahr .40 caliber handgun. He was taken into custody and charged with the following:

Arrested: Michael Robinson (50) Creek Rd Taberg

Charge: Menacing 2nd- misdemeanor
Annie

Utica, NY

#4 Nov 3, 2013
i think this is horrifying. You cant even drive your vehicle without fear anymore. I have heard that this guy had a pistol permit! I hope they dont intend to let him keep it!! A license to kill I suppose... Anyone with that mentality should not be allowed a permit, heaven help us all! Does anyone know this guy or know anything about him?
All funny

Watertown, NY

#5 Nov 3, 2013
Why was that only a misdemeanor and not a felony? If he showed the pistol then he had intent to use it, should changes in laws.
NYS Changing

Utica, NY

#6 Nov 3, 2013
All funny wrote:
Why was that only a misdemeanor and not a felony? If he showed the pistol then he had intent to use it, should changes in laws.
Laws in NEW YORK STATE are changing, Every law will now be a Felony.
that a person can be charged with, This is why so many people are leaving this state, Driving 20 miles over the posted speed limit will soon be a felony.
Just Saying

Utica, NY

#7 Nov 3, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
several UPD officers responded to the 400 block of Larchmont Ave. for a road rage incident in which a man pulled a gun on another motorist. The caller told officers that he was driving and beeped his horn at another vehicle. The driver of that vehicle then made an obscene gesture toward him. The victim stopped his vehicle to ask the man why he made that gesture. The suspect then threatened the man with a handgun and stated "I could waste you now". When officers arrived , the suspect was on scene, and was found to be in possession of a Kahr .40 caliber handgun. He was taken into custody and charged with the following:
Arrested: Michael Robinson (50) Creek Rd Taberg
Charge: Menacing 2nd- misdemeanor
I think this is bullshit. I believe that the driver 1 gave the finger to driver 2 for hitting the horn. I don't believe that driver 2 stopped to ask why driver 1 made the gesture. That is bullshit.

Driver 2 most likely stopped to confront driver 1 for giving him the finger. If that is the case, driver 2 could be justified in pulling out his gun.

Also, because the suspect was still at the scene when the cops arrived, that tells me he had nothing to run for.

I think the "victim" in this is lying through his teeth.
Just Saying

Utica, NY

#8 Nov 3, 2013
Correction: driver 1 could be justified in pulling out his gun.
Annie

Utica, NY

#9 Nov 5, 2013
Reegardless of what the truth is a permit does not give anyone the right to point a gun at someone for any reason! Should we all carry guns?? This guy should NEVER receive his permit back! He is too free with using it to threaten people! What if the gun accidentally went off?

Level 3

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#10 Nov 5, 2013
Annie wrote:
Reegardless of what the truth is a permit does not give anyone the right to point a gun at someone for any reason! Should we all carry guns?? This guy should NEVER receive his permit back! He is too free with using it to threaten people! What if the gun accidentally went off?
If this guy is so unstable, he doesn't need to be driving either.
Tango

Watertown, NY

#11 Nov 5, 2013
Annie wrote:
Then he would of learned a valuable lesson about confronting people.
Sam

Utica, NY

#12 Nov 5, 2013
Annie wrote:
So Annie,, We have no right to point a gun at anyone one for any reason, lets say: Someone is doing harm to a family member, we IF we have a gun, to defend our self or family member.just let harm come to a family member.
Just Saying

Utica, NY

#13 Nov 5, 2013
Amd Regular, now anyone who gives someone else the finger is unstable?

Level 3

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14 Nov 6, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
Amd Regular, now anyone who gives someone else the finger is unstable?
Nope. I was remarking about the comment that the jerk waving the gun around shouldn't have the pistol permit. If he is so unhinged that he'll pull a weapon at the tiniest perceived insult, he is also too unstable to be holding a driver's license.

Okay?
joe

West Hartford, CT

#15 Nov 6, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is bullshit. I believe that the driver 1 gave the finger to driver 2 for hitting the horn. I don't believe that driver 2 stopped to ask why driver 1 made the gesture. That is bullshit.
Driver 2 most likely stopped to confront driver 1 for giving him the finger. If that is the case, driver 2 could be justified in pulling out his gun.
Also, because the suspect was still at the scene when the cops arrived, that tells me he had nothing to run for.
I think the "victim" in this is lying through his teeth.
I think your spot on driver 2 thought he was a bad ass and nobodys gonna give me the finger hell this is NY happens ever day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brindisi addresses League of Women Voters on Ca... 4 min Fat Thighed Utican 2
My Crackhead Bobby Blog 7 min Fat Thighed Utican 5
All Star Hockey Game Not Sold Out 7 min Gone 2
Celebrating Hockey In Utica 8 min Fat Thighed Utican 2
Papa Johns?? (Mar '14) 15 min Fat Thighed Utican 15
Re-United At Last - A Taco Bell Love Story 16 min Fat Thighed Utican 3
listen to the teachers whining 17 min JusticeDefiled13501 69
warmack picks college 40 min brian 26
Palmeri another Roefaro maybe worse (Apr '11) 3 hr This Makes Sense 63
summit cars 6 hr Pete 17