Another Upstate Catholic priest moles...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jack

Utica, NY

#23 Apr 25, 2014
I answered your question whether you are capable of understanding that or not. Anyone with one cell functioning in their brain and can read knows that the numbers of pervert priests defrocked and caught on a weekly basis are high(one was arrested in Ballston Spa this week) and also knows that you will never get the exact numbers out of the church. Try reading the history of the sexual abuse by priests online. Try reading the financial records of the distribution of the church monies. I have and formed my opinion from what I have read and I have read extensively from many sources including the church. If you want to defend them, go ahead, no one is stopping you and quite frankly, I don't care. Staunch catholics are a dime a dozen and if that's what they want so be it. Just don't tell me I don't have a right to my informed opinion. If you want exact numbers, do your own research. I did.
aSKing

Utica, NY

#24 Apr 25, 2014
jack wrote:
I answered your question whether you are capable of understanding that or not. Anyone with one cell functioning in their brain and can read knows that the numbers of pervert priests defrocked and caught on a weekly basis are high(one was arrested in Ballston Spa this week) and also knows that you will never get the exact numbers out of the church. Try reading the history of the sexual abuse by priests online. Try reading the financial records of the distribution of the church monies. I have and formed my opinion from what I have read and I have read extensively from many sources including the church. If you want to defend them, go ahead, no one is stopping you and quite frankly, I don't care. Staunch catholics are a dime a dozen and if that's what they want so be it. Just don't tell me I don't have a right to my informed opinion. If you want exact numbers, do your own research. I did.
I think you think what you think and don't have the data to back it up. you have your perception. perception isn't always reality. ive read the history and its disgusting. I do see that within the past 10 years they've been changing and the abuse is much less common because of the past. I don't defend any of it. there is no defense. I just think too many people jump all over anything catholic because of the past and ignore whats right in front of their face. do you rail with the same passion about sexual abuse of minors in schools? my read of what is going on shows that sexual abuse is much more common in schools than in the catholic church today. neither is right and no one should try to defend either but it isn't only catholics involved.
john

Clinton, NY

#25 Apr 25, 2014
Rapo's rule
imogeme

Utica, NY

#26 Apr 25, 2014
aSKing wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you think what you think and don't have the data to back it up. you have your perception. perception isn't always reality. ive read the history and its disgusting. I do see that within the past 10 years they've been changing and the abuse is much less common because of the past. I don't defend any of it. there is no defense. I just think too many people jump all over anything catholic because of the past and ignore whats right in front of their face. do you rail with the same passion about sexual abuse of minors in schools? my read of what is going on shows that sexual abuse is much more common in schools than in the catholic church today. neither is right and no one should try to defend either but it isn't only catholics involved.
You sound like a feeble-minded old fart who would argue over how much 2+2 equals. Jack ended the convo and you want to still argue. Learn something from Jack. He lets you have your opinion and doesn't judge you but you attribute all kinds of things to him with no proof of any of it. I'll tell you what, Pops, I'd be damned if I would research anything for you and then post it on topix. YOU need to do your own work and if you are so goddamed lazy that you demand proof of everything on this site without ever having bothered to look it up yourself, well tough shit, and that proves you aren't really interested in the truth--only arguing. Go argue with yourself in the mirror-better yet--go talk to a priest and ask him the tough questions and see what you get for answers and then post them here. Good luck with that.
fatheralphonse

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Apr 25, 2014
imogeme wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a feeble-minded old fart who would argue over how much 2+2 equals. Jack ended the convo and you want to still argue. Learn something from Jack. He lets you have your opinion and doesn't judge you but you attribute all kinds of things to him with no proof of any of it. I'll tell you what, Pops, I'd be damned if I would research anything for you and then post it on topix. YOU need to do your own work and if you are so goddamed lazy that you demand proof of everything on this site without ever having bothered to look it up yourself, well tough shit, and that proves you aren't really interested in the truth--only arguing. Go argue with yourself in the mirror-better yet--go talk to a priest and ask him the tough questions and see what you get for answers and then post them here. Good luck with that.
That aSKing azzhole has been posting on here forever. Usually on catholic issues. He has never accepted that there is a real problem with that church and most times writes like he's got a screw loose. Don't waste your precious time replying to him--most ignore him and its better that way. He has a catholic persecution complex and blames all their problems on everyone else. I've watched his stupid posts in the past and it's always the same one note wonder. He sucks moose, to say the least. Tell him to f---off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happens to the OLD Utica hospitals? 3 min Dr Kildare 5
The MOTHER brags"I TOLD YOU THATS WHAT IT WAS" 5 min Diana Vickery 1
Claudia Tenney BLASTS scam Dem/RINO hospital plan! 11 min basic business 50
New Hartford Central School District finances 11 min Who Are They 31
Utica OD Raised Price 13 min aurelio bianco 7
Does bill Keeler pay property tax in Utica or ... 35 min SOI 12
oscugnizzo (Feb '09) 47 min Stop whining 19
Alex Carbone dating Savannah Lei 58 min Pants on fire 12
nole must go 3 hr Brian 25

Utica Jobs