Couldnt say it better

Utica, NY

#97 Feb 21, 2013
Too Short For Sidebar wrote:
Well measured posts above.
Correct me if I'm wrong though, each and every lawyer on the list of lawyers above who have been suspended, with the possible exception of Koziol, was born with a sterling silver spoon in their mouth.
Bob Calli, Joey Hobika, the Petrone brother and sister never had a dime in debt for law school or anything else for that matter. They were well taken care of by their dads who put in the work!
The 50 somethings listed sure have debt now though don't they? Why? well, for starters none of them are very bright outside the paths that were paved for them by their hard working Fathers.
It's the way of the people on the list above. Spend WAY more than you earn or are even capable of earning, play big shot on a daily basis to keep up your phony appearance and worry about the consequences when and if they come.
You reap what you sew. These people reap only what they owe!
Couldn't have said it better! You nailed it!
No Clients

Milford, MA

#98 Feb 21, 2013
Most lawyers here struggle. They have student loans, kids, club memberships etc. it's not a sure thing anymore. Even the more well known practices in the city are all feeling it. When people can't afford to buy houses, there are no closings.

Business law is non existent in the city. So attorneys are eking by doing estate work. Sheltering assets in case dad has to go in the nursing home.

Go to traffic court. All the lawyers are there. They're also looking for assigned counsel work which doesn't pay very well. Done are doing debt collection .

Matrimonials are losers. No one is ever satisfied.

The big firms are all downsizing. Read Barron's or the WSJ. White shoe firms have cut their staffs to nothing.

In Utica the well known firms have all taken their practices for granted. I don't think it's so much bad lawyers but bad times. They're not good business people.
Utica Lawyer

Utica, NY

#99 Feb 21, 2013
I'm a Lawyer and I also collect Food Stamps because of my low income!!!
Just Move On

Schenectady, NY

#101 Feb 22, 2013
Utica Lawyer wrote:
I'm a Lawyer and I also collect Food Stamps because of my low income!!!
Go get a new job Armand you are lousy at this one.
les lewis stinks

Utica, NY

#102 Feb 22, 2013
save your cash go to court alone. you will have a better chance at freedom if you do not have leslie les lewis next to you hes the absolut worst. he sso bad at defending clients you would think hes working for the prosecution
scum

Utica, NY

#103 Feb 22, 2013
mike nichols is a level 2 sex offender across from a school and Les is getting his charges lowered and seen the case file and knows he is dangerous and doesn't care.
okey

Utica, NY

#104 Feb 22, 2013
Victor wrote:
Paul Longeretta? He as a learning disability!!!
Paul is a great guy does not have any learning disability
does his own job with estates and wills
LifelongUtican

Sumter, SC

#105 Feb 22, 2013
Rev Al wrote:
Veronica Donahue
Ok... one last time... SHE WAS NOT A LAWYER ! SHE PRETENDED TO BE ONE AND THAT IS WHY SHE IS FACING SERIOUS JAIL TIME. NOT TO MENTION SHE IS A THIEF!!!
Robed

Utica, NY

#106 Feb 22, 2013
Too Short For Sidebar wrote:
Well measured posts above.
Correct me if I'm wrong though, each and every lawyer on the list of lawyers above who have been suspended, with the possible exception of Koziol, was born with a sterling silver spoon in their mouth.
Bob Calli, Joey Hobika, the Petrone brother and sister never had a dime in debt for law school or anything else for that matter. They were well taken care of by their dads who put in the work!
The 50 somethings listed sure have debt now though don't they? Why? well, for starters none of them are very bright outside the paths that were paved for them by their hard working Fathers.
It's the way of the people on the list above. Spend WAY more than you earn or are even capable of earning, play big shot on a daily basis to keep up your phony appearance and worry about the consequences when and if they come.
You reap what you sew. These people reap only what they owe!
This is a tough area for anyone who isn't part of a family firm. it will be interesting to see what happens when the older generation dies off and the younger ones have to make an actual living. Some of the 'youngsters' will do well - Richard Cohen as an example.I guess you could make a living in Utica doing criminal court assignments if you wwere a hustler.
Level 4

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#107 Feb 22, 2013
LifelongUtican wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok... one last time... SHE WAS NOT A LAWYER ! SHE PRETENDED TO BE ONE AND THAT IS WHY SHE IS FACING SERIOUS JAIL TIME. NOT TO MENTION SHE IS A THIEF!!!
I know it was joke.
ebeth2803

Utica, NY

#108 Feb 22, 2013
hank hill wrote:
Couldn't you have fired his old ass and gotten a lawyer that would work with you? I don't really know this works, was it a criminal case? Civil suit? Comp? Can you fire your attorney at any time or does it have to be within a certain timeframe and if you pass that you are stuck with whoever you started with? Sorry, not trying to sound ignorant on this matter, just haven't ever had the need for legal representation and am curious now.
You can fire your attorney at any time you want. Only down side is that you need to pay our outstanding bill with them.
whoo

Utica, NY

#109 Feb 22, 2013
Rebecca wittman
learning disabled

Leominster, MA

#111 Feb 23, 2013
It's amazing how powerless you people seem. Sitting in your bathrooms complaining about others. Maybe your case sucked maybe you lied too much maybe you just need to blame someone else for your problems. Seek some help but I bet that if you do there'll be a whole thing on here about how your counselor sucks and couldn't cure your problems. Get a grip faggots.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#112 Feb 23, 2013
Apparently you people never heard of Peter Palewski. Hasn't won a case in 20 years.
Juan Petron

Boston, MA

#113 Feb 23, 2013
Whitey Petrone will be in the hot shot seats for the SU game . Big question who paid for the seats? His grandfather who died broke because he took what little he had? Or did the worker bees at the firm pick up the tab ? Brother in law Al maybe??

Whos pickin up the big east tab this year? Can't be mommy..shes broke too.

Better fire up a cash advance there laurie....
waiting

Syracuse, NY

#114 Feb 23, 2013
on the world to change

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#115 Feb 23, 2013
learning disabled wrote:
It's amazing how powerless you people seem. Sitting in your bathrooms complaining about others. Maybe your case sucked maybe you lied too much maybe you just need to blame someone else for your problems. Seek some help but I bet that if you do there'll be a whole thing on here about how your counselor sucks and couldn't cure your problems. Get a grip faggots.
Or maybe it was poor representation,maybe it was unfair treatment. Not all lawyers do their job the way they should. There are some that are only in it for the money. There are some that are in their little clicks.
Perhaps it is you spending too much time in the bathroom if you think these things don't happen in court.
learning disabled

Utica, NY

#116 Feb 23, 2013
Energyman wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe it was poor representation,maybe it was unfair treatment. Not all lawyers do their job the way they should. There are some that are only in it for the money. There are some that are in their little clicks.
Perhaps it is you spending too much time in the bathroom if you think these things don't happen in court.
Sounds to me like your case sucked and Johnny Cochrane couldn't have won it. You can blame everyone and everything but its history now and you need to deal with today and that ache in your gut will go away and you'll feel better about yourself.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#117 Feb 23, 2013
learning disabled wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like your case sucked and Johnny Cochrane couldn't have won it. You can blame everyone and everything but its history now and you need to deal with today and that ache in your gut will go away and you'll feel better about yourself.
As usual, Mr. Mentally disabled, you are 100% wrong. I have no need for a lawyer myself. I know a lot of people that are misrepresentated. If you believe there is no such thing as a bad lawyer, you are seriously misguided.
Sounds to me like you are a very naive,bitter, frustrated person.
Get out in the world, you may find out that not everything is the way you think it to be.
Lori Petrone Fink

Boston, MA

#118 Feb 24, 2013
Does anyone know wht Lori Petrone Fink was suspended by the bar association?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Malta Chip Plant Employee Reviews 3 min Overweight Utican 2
Brindisi Sentenced 4 min Overweight Utican 5
Clifton Park/ Halfmoon distribute polluted wate... 6 min Overweight Utican 15
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 9 min Doug77 5,795
Punch a Goombah Day 10 min Overweight Utican 25
Utica Man charged after allegedly punching an f... 11 min Overweight Utican 5
Gallagher Shot At Peepers 11 min Overweight Utican 2
Riggie has been flushed 2 hr nortutica 43
R.I.P., Rashy. R.I.P. 2 hr nortutica 21
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 2 hr smacks 314
THANKS everyoneWE DID IT Riggies BURNT OUT Lol!! 3 hr Cretin is Riggie ... 42
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:48 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 4:48PM
Raiders knock out Bills with 26-24 win
Bleacher Report 5:03 PM
Post-Week 16 Fantasy Reaction for Beckham, Williams and Eli
Bleacher Report 5:35 PM
Highlights, Recap for Bills vs. Raiders
Bleacher Report 6:09 PM
Source: Jets Fear Harvin May Have More Than Bruised Ribs
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
NBC Sports 6:39 PM
Bills playoff hopes end with 26-24 loss to Raiders - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 6:42 PM
St. Louis Rams lose 37-27 to Giants at home - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:22 PM
Giants Show Resiliency, Maturity in Win
Bleacher Report 8:19 PM
Takeaways from Pats' Win over Jets
Bleacher Report 8:20 PM
Upset over Bills a Building Block Win for Oakland