time warner or directv

time warner or directv

Posted in the Utica Forum

help me choose

Whitesboro, NY

#1 Aug 13, 2014
I really want to go to directv, but not sure if its worth
the trouble. First off, im in Yorkville, do they have local channels?
I have all the channels, plus HBO, Cinemax, home security, high
speed internet and home phone and my bill with time warner
is $266 per month. Is the worth the aggravation of switching
to direct? Can they use the same cables in the home for a
directv install?
DTV

Utica, NY

#2 Aug 13, 2014
Yes 100x over. Finally dropped TWC last month and switched o DTV. Bill was cut in half and the content is far superior. Still have TWC for internet ($45 Month) but would never go back for TV. The DTV installer was able to hide the dish on the back of my house and was willing to do whatever to please me. Just pull the trigger.
help me choose

Whitesboro, NY

#3 Aug 13, 2014
DTV wrote:
Yes 100x over. Finally dropped TWC last month and switched o DTV. Bill was cut in half and the content is far superior. Still have TWC for internet ($45 Month) but would never go back for TV. The DTV installer was able to hide the dish on the back of my house and was willing to do whatever to please me. Just pull the trigger.
I don't know, I need my home security also, that with internet with time warner and the rest with dtv, my bill could be higher!!! how long are these prices good for? Do they have local channels? I need local channels!!!
Love DTV

Watertown, NY

#4 Aug 13, 2014
Yes, Directv has locals
2- WKTV
3- CW
5- WTVH
20-WUTR
21- MY Network
33- WFXV
65- PBS
hmmm

Whitesboro, NY

#6 Aug 13, 2014
Love DTV wrote:
Yes, Directv has locals
2- WKTV
3- CW
5- WTVH
20-WUTR
21- MY Network
33- WFXV
65- PBS
what about my home security and internet?
Take your pick

Moravia, NY

#7 Aug 13, 2014
We felt the same way when we first switched to dtv from twc. Bill went way down, still got local channels, etc. After a year when all the "rebates" and bonuses go away, we r paying as much as we were before. Also with dtv our tv goes out frequently with snow or electrical storms. Just beware that dtv pulls bait and switch just like time warner. What we need is legislation to stop it entirely.
okk

Whitesboro, NY

#8 Aug 13, 2014
Take your pick wrote:
We felt the same way when we first switched to dtv from twc. Bill went way down, still got local channels, etc. After a year when all the "rebates" and bonuses go away, we r paying as much as we were before. Also with dtv our tv goes out frequently with snow or electrical storms. Just beware that dtv pulls bait and switch just like time warner. What we need is legislation to stop it entirely.
ok, so tell me people stay or go to direct
both

Utica, NY

#9 Aug 14, 2014
I have direct tv with the local channels(which I just got)...I have twc as well....I had twc for the local channels.....Now..that I have local channels on dtv....after some thought---I decided to keep my local channels from twc as well --so..i have both in case of a storm--yes dtv has a tendency to lose frequency usually just for a short time or so...that being said....if I'm watching nfl ticket(which I pay extra for) on dtv on any given sunday and a storm disrupts dtv...I have my twc to fall back on for football games.....and I also kept my internet with twc. as for home security....I have a kick butt dog....I'm happy and secure with all of the above...
hr puff n stuff

Utica, NY

#10 Aug 14, 2014
I have cable, directtv, dish, over the air antenna, as well as FTA satellite. and all the goodie rent a movies
hmmm

Whitesboro, NY

#11 Aug 14, 2014
my dish would have to go where the wind and snow hits hard. don't want any problems with tv going out. think I will stay with time warner.
wrong

Utica, NY

#12 Aug 14, 2014
After 2 years I am going back to time warner next week. The promo pack is over with directv and after paying for internet with time warner it's just to expensive. So I am returning and saying 50 a month plus get a home phone
doo

Whitesboro, NY

#13 Aug 15, 2014
wrong wrote:
After 2 years I am going back to time warner next week. The promo pack is over with directv and after paying for internet with time warner it's just to expensive. So I am returning and saying 50 a month plus get a home phone
Does anyone need a home phone anymore?
wow

Whitesboro, NY

#14 Aug 15, 2014
your cable bill is $266 per month? I don't care what u have, get directv
Johnny

Spring Branch, TX

#15 Aug 15, 2014
wow wrote:
your cable bill is $266 per month? I don't care what u have, get directv
Agree direct tv
need nfl

Whitesboro, NY

#17 Aug 27, 2014
its getting closer, what to do?
both

Utica, NY

#18 Aug 28, 2014
as I sais before I have both--reason being I love my nfl ticket from direct tv...it is well worth every penny if you are a football fan...even if you are just somewhat of a football fan---you pick and choose who you want to watch--all games are telecasted--except the ones in your local area--those are on twc ...for example...if the patriots game is on nbc(locally)it would be blacked out on dtv--so..you go to twc to watch it on nbc...cbs..whatever---another benefit from dtv is how many games you want to watch at the same time..etc--there's lots of features.....as I said I AM HAPPY WITH BOTH.....how is your home security issue?did you get a dog? good luck to you!!!
Take your pick

Nedrow, NY

#19 Aug 28, 2014
need nfl wrote:
its getting closer, what to do?
What we've decided to do is to play their game since we don't really have a choice right now. We're going to switch back to cable and take advantage of their low rates for awhile. When they jack us up well ask them to lower it. If they won't we go back to dtv and do the same. They aren't giving the people a real choice.
stingray

Rome, NY

#20 Aug 30, 2014
Time warner absolutely sucks!! Dropped it and now have Directv. 1000X better!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Landmarc Building rebirth brings 31 homes to Do... (Oct '14) 47 min Lets be Clear 12
Can blacks be deported 2 hr Bill phillips you... 4
How to beat the upcoming NYS vehicle inspection... 3 hr ALL windows yes 2
bufflo head has anyone been there past few months 3 hr go ahead 39
Tina Kotary (May '16) 4 hr just me 10
Gordon's Tap Room 5 hr Curious 2
What are some names of gangs in Utica? 6 hr Scared 8
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 8 hr Cut OC Taxes 34

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages