Kris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

I love my job but there is this girl who has been there longer than me & trained me but she treats me like a child & finds fault in everything I do! Worse part is she's 20 & I'm 41! I actually find myself fearing her! any advice???
Sasha

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Kris wrote:
I love my job but there is this girl who has been there longer than me & trained me but she treats me like a child & finds fault in everything I do! Worse part is she's 20 & I'm 41! I actually find myself fearing her! any advice???
Kris, I feel sorry for you! I'm in a similar situation. She has my boss snowed and treats me in a very patronizing way. I've asked her not to. Complained to the higher ups, etc. with no help in sight! I don't know what to tell you, but I'll pray for you and hope that Karma gets her sooner than later. If you are a praying woman say one for me. It's draining and I hate dreading going to work every day wondering what she has in store for me. I just try to stay out of her way!
Chris

Grafton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Kris wrote:
in all honesty you have to find a way to work with her . Age has nothing to do with anything in the work force . She trained you and has more experience . If her behavior is not tolerable go to your boss . Are you having difficulty or is she being too much ? Keep hanging in there ! Play her game let her take the lead . Work with her perhaps she will change up a bit
t POLITIX

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Just agree with her and do your job as best you can
As expected

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

In some companies including mine we pride ourselves at being condescending and brash as possible in a tongue and cheek way in certain offices. Especially around the offices of company council. Naturally it's done for laughs and to keep people on their toes but some inter office emails and memos DEFINITELY would not seem very civil to an uninitiated outsider. It is accepted in some lawfirms too because it keeps us in sharp practice and ensures you can verbally lay someone out with the fewest words with no notice.
When we do timesheets sometimes we load them up with bizarre stuff just to keep the help on their toes and checking exact details.
Just give it back to her double that's all this is not a problem it's a teaching opportunity.
Step Daddy Face

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

As expected wrote:
In some companies including mine we pride ourselves at being condescending and brash as possible in a tongue and cheek way in certain offices. Especially around the offices of company council. Naturally it's done for laughs and to keep people on their toes but some inter office emails and memos DEFINITELY would not seem very civil to an uninitiated outsider. It is accepted in some lawfirms too because it keeps us in sharp practice and ensures you can verbally lay someone out with the fewest words with no notice.
When we do timesheets sometimes we load them up with bizarre stuff just to keep the help on their toes and checking exact details.
Just give it back to her double that's all this is not a problem it's a teaching opportunity.
It's Cretin above. As you can see he is quite insane.
As expected

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Sa far as anyone knows and that's good. You should be as curt sometime it cuts through a lot of BS and shows people right up front they're not gonna win if they start in with the BS.
If only your pop had such panache you might not have washed out into pubic work.

“I Make you wonder”

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

PM me her info. I "fix" things.
Step Daddy Face

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

As expected wrote:
Sa far as anyone knows and that's good. You should be as curt sometime it cuts through a lot of BS and shows people right up front they're not gonna win if they start in with the BS.
If only your pop had such panache you might not have washed out into pubic work.
It's Cretin above. He isn't curt, he's a moron without pubic hair and no panache...no bs, he's a loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sreggin still looting stealing babies to ra pe ... 47 min SREGGINGGY 2
WHAT has GORILLA NOSE STEAL WOOL HAIR AND SAYS ... 50 min SREGGINGGY 2
To The Resident Topix Racist 51 min SREGGINGGY 2
Italians (Feb '10) 1 hr Ape 36
Giggers gon wild 1 hr Gon 5
Utica desperate Wikipedia page (Dec '10) 1 hr Onto 16
utica aud 1 hr Its Maintenence 54
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 2 hr Proctor 38
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 2 hr KUCLER 91
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 9 hr Much Better 33