NYS new laws about Welfare ,and a c...

NYS new laws about Welfare ,and a conviction of Drug Dealing, and Drug using

Posted in the Utica Forum

Dawn

Greig, NY

#1 Aug 3, 2014
It is time for everyone who gets any type of public assists
New laws will ban anyone for life on conviction of Dealing drugs from getting NYS welfare, EBT card, HEAP,
For anyone convicted of being a Drug user, Must attend a Drug abuse course, and MUST may all classes
If the person is convicted for a third time The person will also lose ALL NYS welfare Programs.
Good thought

Bronx, NY

#2 Aug 3, 2014
Dawn wrote:
It is time for everyone who gets any type of public assists
New laws will ban anyone for life on conviction of Dealing drugs from getting NYS welfare, EBT card, HEAP,
For anyone convicted of being a Drug user, Must attend a Drug abuse course, and MUST may all classes
If the person is convicted for a third time The person will also lose ALL NYS welfare Programs.
. Great idea but it will never happen. There would be a big outcry about drug use being a disease, what effect the law would have on the fellon's children, etc... And the bums keep multiplying so they'll be the majority pretty soon. Better to do away with welfare and have soup kitchens everywhere.
welfare scam leeches

Utica, NY

#3 Aug 3, 2014
NY Senate proposes law to bar welfare spending on booze, cigarettes, gambling and adult entertainment.

These worthless leeches were able to do all this.

Legislation is being introduced in the state Senate that would bar welfare recipients from using their public-assistance money to buy booze or cigarettes or spend money on lottery tickets or in casinos, The Post has learned.

The proposed law also would impose a ban on welfare spending on adult-oriented entertainment, such as strip clubs.

“Public assistance is designed to help needy families provide for their children until they can transition back to the workforce and become self-sufficient,” said state Sen. Thomas Libous (R-Binghamton), the deputy majority leader and bill sponsor.
commish says

Utica, NY

#4 Aug 3, 2014
state senate CAN not single out a certain class of recipients. its discriminatory. do i agree? of course not. but it is in the NYS Constitution to take care of the needy, helpless, sick, etc..therefore welcome to the welfare state of the nation!
Good thought

Bronx, NY

#5 Aug 3, 2014
commish says wrote:
state senate CAN not single out a certain class of recipients. its discriminatory. do i agree? of course not. but it is in the NYS Constitution to take care of the needy, helpless, sick, etc..therefore welcome to the welfare state of the nation!
Exactly, but we don't have to make it so that they can have a private apartment to sit on their cushy couch watching a big screen tv and smoking pot all day. These people will always find a way to get around the system, unless you take away the money and just feed them and provide a clean warm shelter with a cot, showers, free laundry and one living room with a tv for all to share. If we did that, I bet many people would get over their 'inability' to work real quick.
Dawn

Greig, NY

#6 Aug 3, 2014
commish says wrote:
state senate CAN not single out a certain class of recipients. its discriminatory. do i agree? of course not. but it is in the NYS Constitution to take care of the needy, helpless, sick, etc..therefore welcome to the welfare state of the nation!
The NY State Constitution reads, Article 17, Section one "the aid, care and support of the needy are public concerns and shall be provided by the state."

The constitution stops short of saying how much aid, how little or for how long.

County Executive Chris Collins says, "We have families moving to Buffalo from California, so that we will provide for them at a level they can't be provided for anywhere else."

Welfare reform advocate Gary Macdougal says once they're here, not enough is done to encourage a transition off the system.

In the state welfare report cards he co-authored for the Heartland Institute, Macdougal gave New York an "F" for its sanctions or penalties when a recipient doesn't work.

His study found that, across the country, eighteen states take away a recipient's entire check the first time they don't work. The length of that sanction varies, but, in New York, the sanction is only a percentage of the family size.

For example, a single mother with two children would lose a third of her check, a family of four, loses a fourth of it. Even if the mom fails to work a second, third, even a tenth time, the check won't get any smaller.

Welfare advocates at Catholic Charities say that's punishment enough.

Addie Bradshaw asks, "A lot of people make New York's system out to be a very generous one. Do you see it that way?"

"No I don't," answers Doris Corley.

"Why not?"

"Because the system is the system. You're still not given anymore than anywhere else and there's expectations the system does have,"
dummypants

United States

#8 Aug 4, 2014
welfare scam leeches wrote:
NY Senate proposes law to bar welfare spending on booze, cigarettes, gambling and adult entertainment.
These worthless leeches were able to do all this.
Legislation is being introduced in the state Senate that would bar welfare recipients from using their public-assistance money to buy booze or cigarettes or spend money on lottery tickets or in casinos, The Post has learned.
The proposed law also would impose a ban on welfare spending on adult-oriented entertainment, such as strip clubs.
“Public assistance is designed to help needy families provide for their children until they can transition back to the workforce and become self-sufficient,” said state Sen. Thomas Libous (R-Binghamton), the deputy majority leader and bill sponsor.
That must be an older article; Tom Libous is a crook and was recently indicted by the FBI for corruption.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
worst sauce you have ordered out 24 min Cracker ho 2
Peepers closed 27 min Rafe Hollister 7
Guess who didnt graduate from ND 55 min How Sad 96
Mid City Motors and Billy Wheeler (Jul '14) 56 min get car fax 2
Trinkus manor fire 57 min Fluff off 1
Utica Club sign 1 hr Molon Labe 26
Utica Preps for Boilermaker Cretin Preps Moms S... 1 hr BOTH R RUNS 1 SCARED 1
rob esche getting divorced 2 hr SocioDave 66
Oh SH1T! CLAUDIA TENNEY WINS NY22 PRIMARY BIG T... 4 hr Hanner 41
Carbone 5 hr JITTERS IQ RASH 53

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages