Bass Pro coming to Utica!
Guns

Ithaca, NY

#21 Feb 23, 2013
How are they going to sell guns? Most guns are now illegal in NYS due to the SAFE Act. Only 6 shooters and 1911 semi auto pistols are legal handguns now.
Outdoor Guy

Gouverneur, NY

#22 Feb 23, 2013
Guns wrote:
How are they going to sell guns? Most guns are now illegal in NYS due to the SAFE Act. Only 6 shooters and 1911 semi auto pistols are legal handguns now.
I've been camping, fishing and enjoying the Adirondacks for 30 years and haven't needed a gun yet.
Guns

Ithaca, NY

#23 Feb 23, 2013
Not the point at all. Point is that these stores generally have a large market for firearms. How are they planning on dealing with the massive limitation placed on them by NYS?
Jack Apples

Saranac Lake, NY

#24 Feb 23, 2013
Utica will have 1 of the smallest stores they've got too. Most are well over 100,000 sq. feet.
bam bam

Unadilla, NY

#26 Feb 23, 2013
ibefishin wrote:
Question is what kind of people will work there....I gots 10 years Wallmart expeariunce!..
hopefully not people that use "gots". Keep your azz at wally world.
ibefishin

Little Falls, NY

#27 Feb 23, 2013
bam bam wrote:
<quoted text>hopefully not people that use "gots". Keep your azz at wally world.
Jus rememer when i greets at the door and I beat you for the cart manejer posisun...what!!!
Mark is no JB

Carthage, NY

#28 Feb 23, 2013
Hopefully we can kiss that overpriced Walmart wannbe .... Gander mountain good by. They have been a major disappointment for the past 4 years.
dump

Little Falls, NY

#29 Feb 23, 2013
I wouldnt drive to a store in utica if you paid me. that city is a dump.
Former Student

Rochester, NY

#30 Feb 23, 2013
dump wrote:
I wouldnt drive to a store in utica if you paid me. that city is a dump.
While I do agree that I grew up in the Utica Area and it is indeed pretty crappy. With the new arterial project and the fact that this store is going in just North of the Thruway. It's not a bad area. The Mall is about the only thing that doesn't look like a dump on RT 12.
Chip Fab

United States

#31 Feb 23, 2013
Nice to Hear Good News wrote:
This is amazing and very good news for Utica. Not sure how we managed to keep Albany from stealing this from us but WAY TO GO UTICA!!!!!!!
Albany didn't steal it from us bc the only jobs created are retail. If it was the chip fab, they would have pulled out all stops to steal it from us just like they did with the AMD fab. Not only that but you have to drive all over the fn place to get to anything in Albany. It is ez on ez off here.
comon

Carthage, NY

#32 Feb 23, 2013
they should have place this near the harbor next too kittys on the canal their is a building/an old church .. with land being sold and would be ideal for a bass shop with water front on both sides and the city could open a road from gennesee street to the property ,,,

Utica34
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Albany, NY

#33 Feb 23, 2013
comon wrote:
they should have place this near the harbor next too kittys on the canal their is a building/an old church .. with land being sold and would be ideal for a bass shop with water front on both sides and the city could open a road from gennesee street to the property ,,,
This really makes zero sense.
slapanut

Utica, NY

#35 Feb 23, 2013
Hillbillies in Cornhill wouldn't be able to afford stuff there.
As Usual

Utica, NY

#36 Feb 23, 2013
.....it'll be busy while it's new....then, it'll become an old story. Theres no economy here. People will be more worried about putting $4+/gal of gas in their cars!

Utica34
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Albany, NY

#37 Feb 23, 2013
As Usual wrote:
.....it'll be busy while it's new....then, it'll become an old story. Theres no economy here. People will be more worried about putting $4+/gal of gas in their cars!
I think it will be fine. Bass pro does very well and looking at their website utica is among 8 or 9 new stores they are opening this year. I'm very happy for the utica area. Should draw other establishments around it to do better as well.

“I'm Always Around ”

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

Ithaca, NY

#38 Feb 23, 2013
Can I get one of those big fishing hooks for my hat?

Level 8

Since: Jul 12

Brooklyn, NY

#39 Feb 23, 2013
Ba ding danger the doo
Native

New Hartford, NY

#40 Feb 23, 2013
slapanut wrote:
Hillbillies in Cornhill wouldn't be able to afford stuff there.
You would be surprised how many mansions there are in corn hill. Some of the most beautiful Architecture in the city. I live here and love my home the old wood and pocket doors are truly beautiful. You can hold your nose up to me all you want.
Native

New Hartford, NY

#41 Feb 23, 2013
P.S. I love the outdoors and go camping with my family every year. I down hill ski.water ski, hike, kayak,canoe,fish and will be going to this new store. Glad,they are coming.
Love living in an urban setting and the driving 20 miles to the Adirondacks to Gods country the best of both worlds for me.
Krishna

Utica, NY

#42 Feb 24, 2013
Perfect Location wrote:
Anybody taking 12 North to get to the Adirondacks can stop there for fishing/camping gear. Really good location when you think about it.
You are exactly right. You can't see Gander Mountain, Dick's Sporting Goods or Phillipson's from Route 12. You will be able to see Bass Pro. I wish them a lot of luck and I think they will do quite well there. It could be very positive for the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gordon's Tap Room 34 min This too 6
this chick is dirty. (Sep '13) 1 hr omg 7
bufflo head has anyone been there past few months 1 hr Charles in charge 40
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 1 hr Hog Heaven 36
How to beat the upcoming NYS vehicle inspection... 2 hr Out 9
Mayor Robert M. Palmieri divided businesses in ... 3 hr Rufie 7
Landmarc Building rebirth brings 31 homes to Do... (Oct '14) 4 hr Utican 13

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance