First Prev
of 4
Next Last
2ndAmendment

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Feb 22, 2013
BASS PRO SHOPS ANNOUNCES PLANS TO OPEN NEW STORE IN UTICA, NY
Store will serve nearly 2 Million Area Sportsmen

Springfield, Missouri--(February 22, 2013) Bass Pro Shops, America’s most popular outdoor store, has reached agreement to locate a new store in Utica, New York. The new 65,000 square-foot Bass Pro Shops® Outpost® will be located in Riverside Center at the intersection of I-90 and Route 5 in Utica and is scheduled to open in late 2013.

Utica, situated within the Mohawk Valley region, is an area rich in history and outdoor traditions. More than 1.9 million people hunt or fish in New York ranking the state 3rd in overall participation in the United States. In fact, more people hunt and fish in New York than attend New York Giants and Buffalo Bill football games (1.2 million) http://www.sportsmenslink.org/ ).

“We are very excited to bring Bass Pro Shops to this premier site in Utica and to be a part of this great community,” stated Johnny Morris, Founder of Bass Pro Shops.“This highly visible location is easily accessible and will allow us to bring Bass Pro Shops’ low prices and famous friendly, expert service to better serve the many sportsmen and women as well as the millions of visitors to the area each year,” Morris continued.

Nationally, Bass Pro Shops will host over 120 million people visiting their 77 stores and marine centers across America and Canada this year; the average customer stays 2 ½ hours and drives an average distance of 50+ miles. Bass Pro Shops was recently named by Advertising Age magazine as one of the Top 10 Hottest Brands in America along with name brands such as Old Spice, M&M’s, iPad and Droid. Also, Bass Pro Shops has been recognized numerous times for their conservation and outdoor education efforts, as well as being recognized by J.D. Powers & Associates for their customer service excellence.

“I am thrilled to share in the announcement that Bass Pro Shops has decided to site just its second location in all of New York State here in Utica,” said City of Utica Mayor Robert M. Palmieri.“Located at the foothills of the Adirondacks with access from the New York State Thruway and the North-South Arterial, this decision is a win-win for both Bass Pro and the City of Utica.”

“We couldn’t be happier to have Bass Pro Shops as a tenant at Riverside,” stated Elie Schwartz, CEO of Nightingale Properties, LLC.“They will be a great draw for the shopping center and the city of Utica. We look forward to their grand opening and the success of their store.” Schwartz added that the lease was brokered by Steve Scaramuzzino of the Scara Group.

Bass Pro Shops’ unique, award-winning, mega-sized outdoor stores are known for combining retail with entertainment, conservation and outdoor education. More than just a fishing and hunting store, the Bass Pro Shops store will also offer equipment and clothing for hiking, backpacking, wildlife viewing, camping, outdoor cooking and more. A gift and nature center will also serve up a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.

The expansive boat showroom will feature Tracker, Nitro, SunTracker, Tahoe, Grizzly and Mako boats built by Tracker Marine Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of fishing boats.

Bass Pro Shops’ unique exterior and interior motifs have branded them as visually appealing, high quality outdoor stores. The outdoors feel is brought indoors through massive log and rock work, large indoor aquariums and water features stocked with native fish species as well as an extensive collection of museum quality fish and wildlife mounts. Historic photos and exhibits will pay tribute to the regions great outdoor heritage.
2ndAmendment

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Feb 22, 2013
My only question is, will Utica & the state do something about getting in and out of that shopping complex? You have to drive up Rt 12 N to turn around onto Rt 12 S to get to Rt 49 to Rome or leave by Wal-Mart and drive a few miles to get to Rt 49 to head towards Rome/Oneida.
Rednecks

Ithaca, NY

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Hooray, another place for toothless hicks to buy more tacky stuff to put on their redneck pickups!
Told Ya So

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
This was mentioned a few months back.
2ndAmendment

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Git r done!
really

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 22, 2013
I love it. More proof that we are becoming country hillbillies every day!
ibefishin

Little Falls, NY

#7 Feb 22, 2013
Yeah I heard they're going to have Cornhill fishing tournaments in the Utica Marsh,1st Placers will get a Free UTA Bus pass for month with $100.00 in free
FUBU urban fishin' gear and Sean John hunting overalls-Limited Edition!..yea!

Utica34
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Albany, NY

#8 Feb 22, 2013
Anyone who thinks this is some "hillbilly" store may want to look at the other locations across the country. But then again this is utica. I guess the utica mentality is to just shoot anything down. A huge company is investing millions of dollars in utica. This is a good thing guys.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...
ticotaco

Little Falls, NY

#9 Feb 22, 2013
I hope their marketing demographics executive doesn't get fired on this one.Utica,NY really?Must've gotten a huge incentive via Cuomo,don't ya think?
really

Utica, NY

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
Anyone who thinks this is some "hillbilly" store may want to look at the other locations across the country. But then again this is utica. I guess the utica mentality is to just shoot anything down. A huge company is investing millions of dollars in utica. This is a good thing guys.

Def not a hillbilly store but the people here are
Perfect Location

Clark Mills, NY

#11 Feb 22, 2013
Anybody taking 12 North to get to the Adirondacks can stop there for fishing/camping gear. Really good location when you think about it.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#12 Feb 22, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Def not a hillbilly store but the people here are
Embrace it. It's a good thing!
Mountain Man

Gouverneur, NY

#13 Feb 22, 2013
A Bass Pro Shop planted smack dab on the doorstep of a major feeder highway to the Adirondack Mtns./St. Lawrence Seaway destinations is a stroke of marketing and logistical genius....I was wondering why they were piddling around with the new , larger signage up there at Riverside...Should be a wonderful spot to shop, browse the exhibits/displays and learn a thing or two about the great outdoors.Best retail news for this area in years.
Native

New Hartford, NY

#14 Feb 22, 2013
Awesome news. 65,000 square feet. Wow! Great job. Utica,NY foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. The second location to open in NYS. Mayor Palmieri and Economic Development your hard work paid off. More to come! Stay tuned. Hope they keep moving forward on the railroad to Lake Placid.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#15 Feb 22, 2013
I don't live in utica anymore but I truly love the area. Congrats for you guys and I truly hope there's much more to come! It's a wonderful area and my 33 years of memories there are cherished.
Wondering

Athens, PA

#16 Feb 22, 2013
I've never been in one of their stores. Do they sell guns too by any chance??? We need more stores that sell guns in this area.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#17 Feb 22, 2013
Wondering wrote:
I've never been in one of their stores. Do they sell guns too by any chance??? We need more stores that sell guns in this area.
Some do.
I Agree

Gouverneur, NY

#18 Feb 22, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
I have been to one of their stores and they are amazing! Definately not a hillbilly store!
ibefishin

Little Falls, NY

#19 Feb 23, 2013
Question is what kind of people will work there....I gots 10 years Wallmart expeariunce!..
Nice to Hear Good News

Gouverneur, NY

#20 Feb 23, 2013
This is amazing and very good news for Utica. Not sure how we managed to keep Albany from stealing this from us but WAY TO GO UTICA!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name A Hillary Clinton Accomplishment 8 min Empty Pantsuit 76
House of Good Shepherd 24 min Violations 24
NY-SASH-Rate Them 1 hr Barry Er 1
Great New York State Fair 1 hr Suckered 3
Wibx Keeler, the dead beat 1 hr KingAndrewCuomo 59
Maciol loves to spend our cash 2 hr Poor taxpayers 9
I like freaking my friends out by.... 2 hr Notification 1
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 2 hr Lopezito 274
Body at Olbiston Apts? 4 hr Piggy 23
Frank Duross, all his teams, have failed. (Jun '13) 7 hr Interesting 44