victim family statement to news wktv in wake of herkimer ny shooting

Posted in the Utica Forum

bad

Utica, NY

#1 Mar 15, 2013
herkimer NY on march a lot of people died,, their was a standoff the police sent a K9 in on a suicide mission and Killed the old man 15hr latter ,, but in the end the next day .. the victims family made a statment to wktv news “”"”"Guns Don’t Kill People , People Kill People ..“”"”we respect the right to keep and bare arms … statement made to WKTV news utica ny
gun45acp

Utica, NY

#2 Mar 15, 2013
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the victims of this horrible tragedy.

Guns Don’t Kill People , People Kill People.“”"”
we respect the right to keep and bare arms
bad

Utica, NY

#3 Mar 16, 2013
gun45acp wrote:
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the victims of this horrible tragedy.
Guns Don’t Kill People , People Kill People.“”"”
we respect the right to keep and bare arms
i agree
Too Bad

Camillus, NY

#4 Mar 16, 2013
If the barber had a gun he could have shot this moron first and no one would have even missed him
The Rock

Cortland, NY

#5 Mar 16, 2013
Actually person with guns make it easy to kill mulltiple people.

Notice the killer didn't for example bring a screw driver to he barber shop or oil change place?

Someone right to life is more important than some morons right to bare arms. Not every moron deserve the right to bare arms.
homeowner

Utica, NY

#6 Mar 16, 2013
The Rock wrote:
Notice the killer didn't for example bring a screw driver to he barber shop or oil change place?
Someone right to life is more important than some morons right to bare arms. Not every moron deserve the right to bare arms.
There are many hunters and gun collectors in this world that own multiple guns that never even think about using any of them against humans.

Kurt Meyers appears to have been a solitary person and did not have any close friends or family that he associated with. Only God knows why he did what he did as even the FBI have not uncovered his motive in killing 4 innocent people and seriously wounding 2 others.

We should put ALL the blame for this horrible tragedy directly where it belongs - on Kurt Meyers; NOT the gun he used.
tragedy

Utica, NY

#7 Mar 16, 2013
My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the families involved. I think it took a great deal of courage for this family to make the statement that they did and they are 100% right. I hope Mr. Haslauer makes a complete recovery.
JENNELL lover

Watertown, NY

#8 Mar 16, 2013
tragedy wrote:
My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the families involved. I think it took a great deal of courage for this family to make the statement that they did and they are 100% right. I hope Mr. Haslauer makes a complete recovery.
I disagree with the gun quote. If that nut job dd no have a gun, he could not have killed as many innocent people. Statements like hat usually or from those morons who run or work at Remington! I do agree that I hope Mr Hasauer makes a full and compete recovery!
Rock

Cortland, NY

#9 Mar 17, 2013
JENNELL lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with the gun quote. If that nut job dd no have a gun, he could not have killed as many innocent people. Statements like hat usually or from those morons who run or work at Remington! I do agree that I hope Mr Hasauer makes a full and compete recovery!
Gun wackos just don't get it. Guns make it easy to kill. To kill many people, in a short amount of time.

To own a gun, someone should have a legit reason. Self protection is not one of them.
Just the beginning

Gloversville, NY

#10 Mar 17, 2013
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun wackos just don't get it. Guns make it easy to kill. To kill many people, in a short amount of time.
To own a gun, someone should have a legit reason. Self protection is not one of them.
What you dont get is that gun control means absolutely nothing in the streets
While we get hounded about gun violence the ones doing the violence but more illegal throw aways in the street

Why does the Govt focus solely on the gun control issue istead of the main issue with the violence which is the mental state of those doing the crime?

Because they could care less that these people who commit crimes have been in and out of prisons or mental health care their whole lives and some if not all should never have been released into general public but that shit happens when the govt cuts the wrong budget

I for 1 will never relinquish my weapons to anyone IDGAF what laws these asshats put on their books considering allot of these morons have been in office for decades and still cant balance a checkbook
Safe Act

Utica, NY

#11 Mar 17, 2013
homeowner wrote:
<quoted text>There are many hunters and gun collectors in this world that own multiple guns that never even think about using any of them against humans.
Kurt Meyers appears to have been a solitary person and did not have any close friends or family that he associated with. Only God knows why he did what he did as even the FBI have not uncovered his motive in killing 4 innocent people and seriously wounding 2 others.
We should put ALL the blame for this horrible tragedy directly where it belongs - on Kurt Meyers; NOT the gun he used.
tell it to Gov Cuomo
Happy Gilmore

Syracuse, NY

#12 Mar 17, 2013
Anybody who buys a gun wants to shoot something even if its a deer. Take their guns away and let them go to price chopper and buy meat like evryone else instead of saving their money for more important things like Keystone beer and cheap cigarettes. I never seen a mass killing with a boxing glove.

P.S. The victims family that made the statement is evidently just as dumb as Meyers and his lowly valley neighbors

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#13 Mar 17, 2013
The Rock wrote:
That's why most of us support background checks.

Level 9

Location hidden

#14 Mar 17, 2013
Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
If you die waiting for the cops,that's your choice. I will load my gun,thank you.

Level 9

Location hidden

#15 Mar 17, 2013
Just the beginning wrote:
<quoted text>
What you dont get is that gun control means absolutely nothing in the streets
While we get hounded about gun violence the ones doing the violence but more illegal throw aways in the street
Why does the Govt focus solely on the gun control issue istead of the main issue with the violence which is the mental state of those doing the crime?
Because they could care less that these people who commit crimes have been in and out of prisons or mental health care their whole lives and some if not all should never have been released into general public but that shit happens when the govt cuts the wrong budget
I for 1 will never relinquish my weapons to anyone IDGAF what laws these asshats put on their books considering allot of these morons have been in office for decades and still cant balance a checkbook
LOL,and those asshats want us to depend on,and trust them... That's the definition of crazy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abel: Drunk DWI UPD cop promoted! 5 min Clifton 15
Bullying Utica judge censured for calling lawye... 5 min Another quality U... 52
The Nun is leaving 7 min The Snake 2
Moses taped women in fitting rooms at KOP GO MOSES 11 min Scurrilous Scott ... 5
jw smw 18 min jwondering 9
State of the County speech 19 min pierre 1
ralph fava vs tommy artessa, who would win in a... (Feb '11) 19 min Tony 30
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:23 am PST

NBC Sports 8:23AM
Rex's Bills need a quarterback, and Sanchez and Vick are available
Bleacher Report12:46 PM
Issues the Jets Need to Address This Offseason
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Jets' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
Bleacher Report 8:34 AM
Buzz: Harvin Refusing Pay Cut, Wants to Stay with Jets
Bleacher Report 1:23 PM
J.D. Walton Released by Giants: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
Bleacher Report 2:19 PM
Tagging JPP an Expensive but Necessary Step
NBC Sports 2:22 PM
Bills opt against tagging Jerry Hughes
NBC Sports 2:22 PM
Bills opt against tagging Jerry Hughes
Bleacher Report 7:24 PM
Giants Final Free-Agency Outlook, Predictions
Bleacher Report 8:23 PM
How Should Giants Fill Their Biggest Holes?