"Swing State Project" says Arcuri is ...

"Swing State Project" says Arcuri is toast

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shabazz

Lewiston, ME

#1 Jun 17, 2010
Even a pro-Dem site like SSP is saying Arcuri is history.

http://www.swingstateproject.com/diary/7098/s...
Truth Dig

United States

#2 Jun 17, 2010
Well there you have it. We can all stay home.
Good Democrat

Lewiston, ME

#3 Jun 18, 2010
The race isn't over till November. Once people really see just how much Arcuri has done for the area those numbers will turn around.
ArcuriNOmore

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jun 18, 2010
When the area sees what Arcuri has done for us (NOTHING) even more voters will be voting for Hanna. Bankrupting the country is not a good thing and Arcuri is part of the party that is bankrupting us.
Faith

AOL

#5 Jun 18, 2010
Neither is worthy.We had enough of the Hannas using their money to get elected.
Arcuri is Gone

Syracuse, NY

#6 Jun 18, 2010
Your right Hanna using his OWN money to get elected is as bad as Arcuri using taxpayer money. You have got to be kidding me. Arcuri's last election was bought by Washington Democrats and that is who he represented. Hanna using his own money just means he will NOT be owned by special interests like Arcuri is.

It truly is sad that even the ignorant can vote. That is how we have elected officials like Arcuir, Destitio, etc. What a shame.
Faith wrote:
Neither is worthy.We had enough of the Hannas using their money to get elected.
Good Democrat

Lewiston, ME

#7 Jun 18, 2010
Arcuri is Gone wrote:
Your right Hanna using his OWN money to get elected is as bad as Arcuri using taxpayer money. You have got to be kidding me. Arcuri's last election was bought by Washington Democrats and that is who he represented. Hanna using his own money just means he will NOT be owned by special interests like Arcuri is.
It truly is sad that even the ignorant can vote. That is how we have elected officials like Arcuir, Destitio, etc. What a shame.
<quoted text>
After everything that Mike Arcuri has done for this area it would be a shame for the area to lose his experience.
Arcuri is gone

Herkimer, NY

#8 Jun 18, 2010
Let's list what Arcuri has done:
1) Voted for the mega bills that have put the Country in the red
2) Made tens of thousands of dollars off the taxpayer on his state leased properties
3) Funneled money thru a not for profit company into a for profit company in return for campaign contributions.
4)Promised the area to vote as an independent and voted lock and step with Liberal Pelosi.

Yep, he has been a real help for the area.
Casual Observer

Albany, NY

#9 Jun 18, 2010
Arcuri is gone wrote:
Let's list what Arcuri has done:
1) Voted for the mega bills that have put the Country in the red
2) Made tens of thousands of dollars off the taxpayer on his state leased properties
3) Funneled money thru a not for profit company into a for profit company in return for campaign contributions.
4)Promised the area to vote as an independent and voted lock and step with Liberal Pelosi.
Yep, he has been a real help for the area.
Seriously!

I'm so sick of people saying that Arcuri has done "so much good for the area."

I haven't seen one tangible thing that he has done well for the area. Rather he has been responsible for bailout upon bailout.

Granted that the problems that occurred in the financial industry needed immediate action because of 'systemic risk.' Look up that term kids. It will give you nightmares

However, where did all the TARP money go? Trillions were spent as a rebranded entitlement program.

Talk about throwing good money after bad! How can we, the citizens of central New York stand idly by?

Arcuri must go.
Good Democrat

Lewiston, ME

#10 Jun 19, 2010
Thanks to the stimulus package Mike supported there are hundreds of people in Utica with good, high-paying jobs.
Casual Observer

Albany, NY

#11 Jun 19, 2010
Good Democrat wrote:
Thanks to the stimulus package Mike supported there are hundreds of people in Utica with good, high-paying jobs.
Yes, thanks Mike. Those temporary Census jobs were awesome.
Good Democrat

Lewiston, ME

#12 Jun 19, 2010
The stimulus package created permanent jobs, and with Mike's help Mayor Roefaro's Master Plan will produce even more. Over 200 high paying jobs would be created during the construction of the Mayor's Transportation Center and the upcoming waterfront development initiative.
Mayor Roefaro

Houston, TX

#13 Jun 19, 2010
Minga! Even I don't believe that!!
Good Democrat wrote:
The stimulus package created permanent jobs, and with Mike's help Mayor Roefaro's Master Plan will produce even more. Over 200 high paying jobs would be created during the construction of the Mayor's Transportation Center and the upcoming waterfront development initiative.
Right Here

Olmstedville, NY

#14 Jun 19, 2010
Arcuri has never made any comments about Halbritter since Halbritter had a privste cocktail for him in new York 4 years ago and continues to support Arcuri
Casual Observer

Cohoes, NY

#15 Jun 19, 2010
Good Democrat wrote:
How can the jobs be permanent if they are construction jobs?

Wouldn't they just be temporary until the project is completed?

As to the jobs(?) created by the stimulus... what happens when the money runs out?
Casual Observer

Clayton, NY

#16 Jun 19, 2010
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
How can the jobs be permanent if they are construction jobs?
Wouldn't they just be temporary until the project is completed?
As to the jobs(?) created by the stimulus... what happens when the money runs out?
What would have happened if the administration (this one or the previous one) let the economic system collapse? People have been criticizing the current administration for bankrupting the country and putting us in the red. Bush put this country in the red during his first term in office and before we went into a recession. Stimulus spending and preventing an economic collapse by bailing out banks his last year in office is probably the only thing I give credit to Bush for. He had to do it and everybody knew it.

How many jobs do you think there would be if the recession was a depression, and it would have been worldwide. The US is not the only country that employed stimulus spending and injected money into the system to keep financial markets and credit afloat. Was there misdirection of some of these funds? I don't really know but anytime the government passes any kind of bill that has a lot of money attached to it, special interests and their lobbyists act like pigs at the trough to try to get as much of it as they can. Unfortunately, they are usually successful. However, stimulus spending is a tried and true method to try to prime the pump to get an economy back on its feet and to try to stop a free fall. We all need to hope it works.

Granted, a lot of money went into temporary construction jobs but we do need to try to keep people working. Spending on infrastructure can have a lasting effect. But a lot of money went into research and development. That will also keep people working and hopefully will create permanent jobs.
Given

United States

#17 Jun 19, 2010
You are quoting yourself, now thats crazy.hahaha
Casual Observer

Clayton, NY

#18 Jun 20, 2010
Given wrote:
You are quoting yourself, now thats crazy.hahaha
Not very bright, are you? But I guess I am repeating myself. That's already been established.
Crazy Dave

Herkimer, NY

#19 Jun 20, 2010
Good Democrat wrote:
hahaha, somebody's been drinking the water from the barge canal again
Given

United States

#20 Jun 20, 2010
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Not very bright, are you? But I guess I am repeating myself. That's already been established.
You are a Stupid, Law Breaking, Pathetic Schmuck and you are the only one who doesn't see it. Good thing Burger King hired you otherwise we taxpayers would still be supporting your retard a$$.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowlife (Nov '15) 6 min No name 4
Uticas Crazy Beeotch 4 hr always hide fem 6
bipolar never fall in love with a bpolar woman (Dec '12) 4 hr fun chics 257
What happened to Griffs on Columbia (Mar '16) 4 hr A little extra info 12
Utica Trailer Parks 4 hr Bubba 1
White people are the DEVIL 4 hr Black culture 1
Comets Leaving.... 4 hr Black culture 19
He's all yours nasty btch 4 hr Nikki6 43
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 5 hr Wurtland girl always 773
Poll Kim Simon Murder (Feb '10) 7 hr yello 4,904
Boycott RedBox 8 hr TABER COWARD 48

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages