Disillusioned in CNY

United States

#1 May 27, 2008
What's the deal with Dwyer? CNY has a high rate of false convictions - turned over at appeal. Seems to love prosecuting, and unreasonable sentencing. Is that someone judging fairly? Doesn't seem it to me. Just paying attention for the first time, and don't like what I'm seeing.
Disillusioned in CNY

United States

#3 May 27, 2008
Sorry to disappoint you "missing" but I've never committed a crime. I just hate corruption among people who I'm supposed to trust. Can you imagine such a thing as an actual legitimate reason? Or is there no corruption in CNY?
Oops, I forgot. I have gotten two speeding tickets in my life, after driving for about 30+ years.
curious

Lutz, FL

#5 May 27, 2008
i had him for a teacher at mv he was a f=== up then still is i hear
Never convicted

United States

#7 May 27, 2008
Both Judge Donalty and Dwyer act as the second prosecutor during the entire proceeding. If someone elects to go to trial, when convicted both of them give the harshest sentence possible with no thought as to what actually fit the crime. They are both rude and condescending and have no regard for anyone. Its unfortunate but true. By the way, they both love liars as long as you are doing it for the prosecution.
ahhhhhhh yeahhhhhh

United States

#8 May 27, 2008
Most of his cases have gone to court and the criminal has been convicted by a jury of their peers. I do agree however that a child molester or murderer should get the steepest penalty possible. Besides Coluzza and Demarche are good at what they do. So don't blame the judge. You have a personal grudge. You or your family memeber should have obeyed the law.
disillusioned

United States

#9 May 27, 2008
dear ahhhh yeahhhh

so there is no such thing as a false conviction? In fact, NYS has the highest rate, according to the innocence project. It is easy to get a conviction when the judge denies the defense everything and gives them dirty looks and smirks throughuot the trial (real professional - yeah, right). you don't have to do anything wrong to be convicted in NYS, esp. before Dwyer. And a jury of one's peers means nothing when the judge has the power to give everything to the pros. and nothing to the defense.

So if being convicted by a jury of one's peers truly means guilty, why so many false convictions in NYS?? ahhhh right ... corruption at work, not justice. I can see clearly now ...

And neither I nor a loved one has ever been convicted, but thanks for your input.
Alfred the Butler

United States

#10 May 27, 2008
Right On.
disillusioned

United States

#12 May 27, 2008
Melvin, we're talking county court here - not city. We're talking Dwyer - in Utica, yes, but county court.
Never convicted

United States

#13 May 27, 2008
ahhhhhhh yeahhhhhh wrote:
Most of his cases have gone to court and the criminal has been convicted by a jury of their peers. I do agree however that a child molester or murderer should get the steepest penalty possible. Besides Coluzza and Demarche are good at what they do. So don't blame the judge. You have a personal grudge. You or your family memeber should have obeyed the law.
Let's get one thing straight, there is no personal grudge. None of broke the law. DeMarche and Coluzza are good, competent and fair ADA's. Unfortunately those comments cannot be said about the Judge who went from a pretty reasonable guy to a man with Black Robe Syndrome. On the other hand, Donalty is just mean, rude and bitter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This isn't France 27 min Bob 8
Hilary Clinton 2016 1 hr Rafe Hollister 2
Who is "Lil' Moe"? 1 hr lil Bob 4
Bezz O' Lanello a aa a 1 hr Fire in the Hole 1
God will take care of us........ 1 hr peter 4
Matthew Cummings posed as a cop before. 1 hr Light Bar 10
my nano foundry an exon chipset help with my eb... 1 hr Screwtica 1
Parkway tax payers mad at city and DPW. 2 hr dpwworker 8
More from around the web

Utica People Search