Comets sweep the top team in the League...

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
well I am just saying

Waterloo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

I am not a big hockey fan, but it was a good game to listen to as the Comets swept the top team of the League in overtime.
videokilledthera diostar

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

well I am just saying wrote:
I am not a big hockey fan, but it was a good game to listen to as the Comets swept the top team of the League in overtime.
I've never listened to a game on the radio,who broadcasts it ?
94point9 KROCK

Mendon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

We do!
Comets

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Anyone know or can update the plans for the outside of the aud/suits or when its going to start. I think they should go big and just put real seats at the stage end too there is no use for that stage and if they need it for storage they can build a shed across the street The only problem would be codes issues but they can make exits out the rear of stage. So far the inside looks great. I give Esche and company an A plus so far. When done this will be an efficient beautiful ahl arena. Other places are bigger but they are not filling the seats
Cubby Bear

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Comets aren't filling the seats. They're 24th in league attendance.
Comets

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Yea but for how small the aud is and utica along with how cheap rent is there doing good. Other arenas in big cities are 9 times as much drawing only 1000 more people a game
Seventy degrees today

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Comets wrote:
Yea but for how small the aud is and utica along with how cheap rent is there doing good. Other arenas in big cities are 9 times as much drawing only 1000 more people a game
I think you got this right. Houston's team last year only drew about twice what the Utica team is drawing this year. The rent at the Toyota Center was so high the team left Houston. No hockey in Houston this year. I'm guessing minor league hockey is not a money making venture.
ahl fan

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Cubby Bear wrote:
Comets aren't filling the seats. They're 24th in league attendance.
yea,thats the spirit.why is there so much negative here.we have the 2nd best league in the world here.go buy a ticket and our attendance will get better
penalty killer

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Hopefully they beat Rochester this Wednesday which should make Friday a sellout at home.
Sgt Shultz

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Heard from one of the ushers they are expanding outward from the original structure to make the eight new private boxes but only the Comets organization and Aud managment are privy to the exact plans at this time. Looking at the Aud I'm assuming the boxes would fit in on the closed end of the arena (opposite the stage) where there is ample space above the last level of seating. I'd rather watch a game with 3000 fans at the Aud then 1800 Fans at Albany. Even weeknight games have been getting a great crowd. Go Comets!
wacked and jacked

Penn Yan, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Sgt Shultz wrote:
Heard from one of the ushers they are expanding outward from the original structure to make the eight new private boxes but only the Comets organization and Aud managment are privy to the exact plans at this time. Looking at the Aud I'm assuming the boxes would fit in on the closed end of the arena (opposite the stage) where there is ample space above the last level of seating. I'd rather watch a game with 3000 fans at the Aud then 1800 Fans at Albany. Even weeknight games have been getting a great crowd. Go Comets!
the suites are going on the whitesboro street side of the aud. its pretty much common knowledge. there is a entrance/exit on that side that is not in codes, and will be corrected when the suites are built. suites will actually be out side of the aud and the will take down the wall. this side will become the main entrance as the new parking will be across whitesboro street. also another bump out on the parking lot side for new bathrooms.
Comets fan

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Nice, when are they gonna start. And do you know if anything can be done with that stage area. But i trust esche and company and am sure it will be fine. The inside is pretty nice
Hockey Nut

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

wacked and jacked wrote:
<quoted text> the suites are going on the whitesboro street side of the aud. its pretty much common knowledge. there is a entrance/exit on that side that is not in codes, and will be corrected when the suites are built. suites will actually be out side of the aud and the will take down the wall. this side will become the main entrance as the new parking will be across whitesboro street. also another bump out on the parking lot side for new bathrooms.
I'd love to see architectural drawings of the next phase of the Aud improvements. I'm having a hard time picturing how this is going to be done considering the Aud has no rafters supporting the roof. It is a round structure with the outside walls and a cable system that support the roof. I heard in a radio interview Esche did a month or so ago that the addition will be constructed outside of the Aud and then the wall will be cut into exposing the new addition. I'd like to see concept pictures of what is planned.
slapanut

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Who cares? The Comets will be gone within 5 years.
comets

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Hockey Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to see architectural drawings of the next phase of the Aud improvements. I'm having a hard time picturing how this is going to be done considering the Aud has no rafters supporting the roof. It is a round structure with the outside walls and a cable system that support the roof. I heard in a radio interview Esche did a month or so ago that the addition will be constructed outside of the Aud and then the wall will be cut into exposing the new addition. I'd like to see concept pictures of what is planned.
the only thing that holds the roof up is the large pillars around the outside of the main arena. They are painted blue, used to be orange. This is what the roof is supported by. They filled in between the pillars with cement blocks same as your house foundation. The blocks will come out. Pillars will stay. Very simple.
comets

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

slapanut wrote:
Who cares? The Comets will be gone within 5 years.
hopefully you will be dead before the 5 years cause everyone's sick of your same old crap.....
easily bored

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Everybody should support the Comets, there isn't much to around here in the winter.
squeezably soft

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

What game is the Teddy Bear Toss ?
comets

Haverhill, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

squeezably soft wrote:
What game is the Teddy Bear Toss ?
this saturday night. Uc game
Stonesrock

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Comets Baby !!!!!!!! Let the winning begin.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

108 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 3 min Zoo 5,452
Lawrence Mazza 35 min jawbreakers 2
Official: Goodbye Comets 41 min Sunshine 124
F.X. Matt Brewery UNION up rising 46 min No Investigation 6
The Brindisi's make a threat 54 min Asz Crack Over Bobby 35
Very Low Flying Commercial Jet Today 2 hr Uticans are all Geniuses 16
Mark the MEGA Flagg 2 hr Megamoron 30
•••
•••