Comets sweep the top team in the League...

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
well I am just saying

United States

#1 Nov 30, 2013
I am not a big hockey fan, but it was a good game to listen to as the Comets swept the top team of the League in overtime.
videokilledthera diostar

Utica, NY

#2 Dec 1, 2013
well I am just saying wrote:
I am not a big hockey fan, but it was a good game to listen to as the Comets swept the top team of the League in overtime.
I've never listened to a game on the radio,who broadcasts it ?
94point9 KROCK

Cobleskill, NY

#3 Dec 1, 2013
We do!
Comets

Somerville, MA

#4 Dec 1, 2013
Anyone know or can update the plans for the outside of the aud/suits or when its going to start. I think they should go big and just put real seats at the stage end too there is no use for that stage and if they need it for storage they can build a shed across the street The only problem would be codes issues but they can make exits out the rear of stage. So far the inside looks great. I give Esche and company an A plus so far. When done this will be an efficient beautiful ahl arena. Other places are bigger but they are not filling the seats
Cubby Bear

Schenectady, NY

#5 Dec 1, 2013
Comets aren't filling the seats. They're 24th in league attendance.
Comets

Somerville, MA

#6 Dec 1, 2013
Yea but for how small the aud is and utica along with how cheap rent is there doing good. Other arenas in big cities are 9 times as much drawing only 1000 more people a game
Seventy degrees today

Houston, TX

#7 Dec 1, 2013
Comets wrote:
Yea but for how small the aud is and utica along with how cheap rent is there doing good. Other arenas in big cities are 9 times as much drawing only 1000 more people a game
I think you got this right. Houston's team last year only drew about twice what the Utica team is drawing this year. The rent at the Toyota Center was so high the team left Houston. No hockey in Houston this year. I'm guessing minor league hockey is not a money making venture.
ahl fan

New Hartford, NY

#8 Dec 1, 2013
Cubby Bear wrote:
Comets aren't filling the seats. They're 24th in league attendance.
yea,thats the spirit.why is there so much negative here.we have the 2nd best league in the world here.go buy a ticket and our attendance will get better
penalty killer

Utica, NY

#9 Dec 1, 2013
Hopefully they beat Rochester this Wednesday which should make Friday a sellout at home.
Sgt Shultz

Washington, DC

#10 Dec 2, 2013
Heard from one of the ushers they are expanding outward from the original structure to make the eight new private boxes but only the Comets organization and Aud managment are privy to the exact plans at this time. Looking at the Aud I'm assuming the boxes would fit in on the closed end of the arena (opposite the stage) where there is ample space above the last level of seating. I'd rather watch a game with 3000 fans at the Aud then 1800 Fans at Albany. Even weeknight games have been getting a great crowd. Go Comets!
wacked and jacked

Syracuse, NY

#11 Dec 2, 2013
Sgt Shultz wrote:
Heard from one of the ushers they are expanding outward from the original structure to make the eight new private boxes but only the Comets organization and Aud managment are privy to the exact plans at this time. Looking at the Aud I'm assuming the boxes would fit in on the closed end of the arena (opposite the stage) where there is ample space above the last level of seating. I'd rather watch a game with 3000 fans at the Aud then 1800 Fans at Albany. Even weeknight games have been getting a great crowd. Go Comets!
the suites are going on the whitesboro street side of the aud. its pretty much common knowledge. there is a entrance/exit on that side that is not in codes, and will be corrected when the suites are built. suites will actually be out side of the aud and the will take down the wall. this side will become the main entrance as the new parking will be across whitesboro street. also another bump out on the parking lot side for new bathrooms.
Comets fan

Utica, NY

#12 Dec 2, 2013
Nice, when are they gonna start. And do you know if anything can be done with that stage area. But i trust esche and company and am sure it will be fine. The inside is pretty nice
Hockey Nut

Utica, NY

#13 Dec 2, 2013
wacked and jacked wrote:
<quoted text> the suites are going on the whitesboro street side of the aud. its pretty much common knowledge. there is a entrance/exit on that side that is not in codes, and will be corrected when the suites are built. suites will actually be out side of the aud and the will take down the wall. this side will become the main entrance as the new parking will be across whitesboro street. also another bump out on the parking lot side for new bathrooms.
I'd love to see architectural drawings of the next phase of the Aud improvements. I'm having a hard time picturing how this is going to be done considering the Aud has no rafters supporting the roof. It is a round structure with the outside walls and a cable system that support the roof. I heard in a radio interview Esche did a month or so ago that the addition will be constructed outside of the Aud and then the wall will be cut into exposing the new addition. I'd like to see concept pictures of what is planned.
slapanut

Utica, NY

#14 Dec 2, 2013
Who cares? The Comets will be gone within 5 years.
comets

Wellesley, MA

#15 Dec 3, 2013
Hockey Nut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to see architectural drawings of the next phase of the Aud improvements. I'm having a hard time picturing how this is going to be done considering the Aud has no rafters supporting the roof. It is a round structure with the outside walls and a cable system that support the roof. I heard in a radio interview Esche did a month or so ago that the addition will be constructed outside of the Aud and then the wall will be cut into exposing the new addition. I'd like to see concept pictures of what is planned.
the only thing that holds the roof up is the large pillars around the outside of the main arena. They are painted blue, used to be orange. This is what the roof is supported by. They filled in between the pillars with cement blocks same as your house foundation. The blocks will come out. Pillars will stay. Very simple.
comets

Wellesley, MA

#16 Dec 3, 2013
slapanut wrote:
Who cares? The Comets will be gone within 5 years.
hopefully you will be dead before the 5 years cause everyone's sick of your same old crap.....
easily bored

Utica, NY

#17 Dec 3, 2013
Everybody should support the Comets, there isn't much to around here in the winter.
squeezably soft

Utica, NY

#18 Dec 3, 2013
What game is the Teddy Bear Toss ?
comets

Wellesley, MA

#19 Dec 3, 2013
squeezably soft wrote:
What game is the Teddy Bear Toss ?
this saturday night. Uc game
Stonesrock

New Hartford, NY

#20 Dec 3, 2013
Comets Baby !!!!!!!! Let the winning begin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
captain Richard Tomaino Jr. UFD (Sep '08) 6 min Accept CNY fail 12
Utica is the best place to raise a family on th... 7 min Genius 1
Why are CNY / Utica People all mentally stunted? 8 min CNY deserves this 25
Dating Utica Girls 22 min qwerty 4
Bill Gates makes $4100 every minute. 22 min Wow 1
Pedestrian Bridge Collapses 42 min Addict 4
Newport Golfcourse Going Out Of Business 1 hr Oootica 9
state farm new hartford 2 hr All in the Family 48
frozen dome classic 2 hr 2 cents 45
Why I left (and love it!) 3 hr Carl Vogel 37
Vitullo Obitary 3 hr sad 9
Local Greaser Angelo "Wopslop" Nole dies! Good ... 5 hr Fathers day 18
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:27 am PST

ESPN 8:27AM
Scalpers seek up to $125 for free Bills ticket
ESPN 8:27 AM
Scalpers seek up to $125 for free Bills ticket
CBS Sports 9:13 AM
Bills president: Team returning to Buffalo this week, will host Browns
NBC Sports12:14 PM
Bills have faced obstacles, but familiar with Jets - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:14 PM
Bills have faced obstacles, but familiar with Jets - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:41 PM
Odell Beckham Jr: 'This is where I belong'
Bleacher Report 5:20 PM
Jay Z Hangs Out on Sideline at SNF
NBC Sports 5:45 PM
Odell Beckham touchdown gets Giants out to early lead
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
This May Be the Best Catch Ever
NBC Sports 6:18 PM
Cowboys score, while everybody is still watching highlights