NH Library taxpayer funded waste
educator

Lowville, NY

#113 Jun 22, 2013
Ed for President!!! No,Ed for EMPEROR!!! Burn the books, get rid of the teachers and lawyers, send the undesirables to gulags...Sound familiar? It's what you New "Hahtfordites" have imagined yourselves to be all along. And it's that attitude that eventually create the Ed Waitrs of the world who will rise up, battle the forces of evil, and then become the problem. The emperor has no clothes, folks; he's a false prophet. By all means, solve what apparently are real leadership problems at the library. But don't confuse asking for good government with a vindictive self centered zealot with an ax to grind. Yes, replace the board...the WHOLE board.
Give it up Jim

Whitesboro, NY

#114 Jun 22, 2013
educator wrote:
Ed for President!!! No,Ed for EMPEROR!!! Burn the books, get rid of the teachers and lawyers, send the undesirables to gulags...Sound familiar? It's what you New "Hahtfordites" have imagined yourselves to be all along. And it's that attitude that eventually create the Ed Waitrs of the world who will rise up, battle the forces of evil, and then become the problem. The emperor has no clothes, folks; he's a false prophet. By all means, solve what apparently are real leadership problems at the library. But don't confuse asking for good government with a vindictive self centered zealot with an ax to grind. Yes, replace the board...the WHOLE board.
Stop with the emotionalism and give us the facts if you want to convince people. Start with this: Why is it appropriate to give $16,000 of library money from the taxpayers to someone who doesn't even work for the library? How does this put books on the shelf?
busy bees

Utica, NY

#115 Jun 22, 2013
Yes, I agree for once. replace them ALL! even the self appointed messiah of NH - Ed.

Clean the slate. Start over. there is to much baggage from everyone involved. Everyone has there agendas it seems.
Caine Mutiny

Norwich, NY

#116 Jun 22, 2013
Hey Ed, I'm glad you figured out who stole the strawberries now here are a few ball bearings for you to play with.
bees

Utica, NY

#117 Jun 22, 2013
Give it up Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop with the emotionalism and give us the facts if you want to convince people. Start with this: Why is it appropriate to give $16,000 of library money from the taxpayers to someone who doesn't even work for the library? How does this put books on the shelf?
your crowd could care less about books or anything else in that place. your paving your way to the supervisors office. God help us all.
Give it up Jim

Whitesboro, NY

#118 Jun 22, 2013
Just answer the question and convince everyone:

Why is it appropriate to give $16,000 of library money from the taxpayers to someone who doesn't even work for the library? How does this put books on the shelf?
Appears

New York, NY

#119 Jun 22, 2013
Looks like the someone is now trying to start a smear campaign on Topix as well. Just remember the truth will prevail and the townspeople will have the last word...
Raven

Utica, NY

#120 Jun 22, 2013
educator wrote:
Educator,

You are one mean spirited person. Trustee waitr has done more good for this community because he cares for these people. You, Educator are nothing more than a aelf-centered zealot, if that. Your tirades on this demonstrates your inability to communicate effectively and intelligently.
NH is lovely

Utica, NY

#121 Jun 22, 2013
Please. The trustee you keep idolizing cares for himself and his nazi way of doing business. Hes the mean one and vindictive, and is basically a false profit. He probably has some snake oil and a couple bridges to sell to us all as well! Hes in it for his own glory and to be king over all his subjects. He makes some dictators of the past look like choir boys.

And who cares about what you think about some ones communication abilities. You answered them didn't you? Guess there message got across just fine.
Wally

United States

#122 Jun 22, 2013
NH is a joke traffic jam they cant even afford mufflers for the firetrucks or people smart enough to drive them.
Raven

Utica, NY

#123 Jun 22, 2013
NH is lovely wrote:
Please. The trustee you keep idolizing cares for himself and his nazi way of doing business. Hes the mean one and vindictive, and is basically a false profit. He probably has some snake oil and a couple bridges to sell to us all as well! Hes in it for his own glory and to be king over all his subjects. He makes some dictators of the past look like choir boys.
And who cares about what you think about some ones communication abilities. You answered them didn't you? Guess there message got across just fine.
You equate Trustee Waitr to a Nazi? You are one sick puppy who is in desperate nerd of psychiatric help. Please do us all a favor and move to Germany, the homeland you speak of.
name new president

East Hartford, CT

#124 Jun 22, 2013
Come on... stop attacking Ed Wiatr and answer the question: now does spending $16,000 of taxpayer money as parting gift to a former employee help put books on the NH library shelf? Convince everyone
Ready go...
Lt Tragg

Utica, NY

#125 Jun 22, 2013
I am going to take a stab at unmasking some of the authors of these masterpieces:

Jim K
Mary D
Connie M
Maybe Linda R
Probably Hans P

Welcome to your NHPL!
Loser is Wally

Little Falls, NY

#126 Jun 22, 2013
Wally wrote:
NH is a joke traffic jam they cant even afford mufflers for the firetrucks or people smart enough to drive them.
Joke traffic jam? What in the tarnation is that supposed to mean? I'm quite sure every municipal vehicle has an appropriate muffler in NH. They all have to pass NYS inspection. Even if one needed a new one im sure it can be afforded. We arent talking about the craphole know as utica. As far as how smart people are well that's unknown, And seeing its coming from a moron like you no one cares. But it's appreciated if you keep your ignorant comments to yourself and stick to the topic of the library.
Donald

Montréal, Canada

#127 Jun 22, 2013
New plaque at NHPL entrance reads:

"It's my library, so STFU."

-Linda Romano, President, Board of Trustees
Needs to happen

New York, NY

#128 Jun 22, 2013
The town of New Hartford should require that ownership of the Library be turned over to the Town before any additional funding is provided to the Library. If the Library is not turned over to the town, the Library can continue to operate, though no taxpayer monies should be provided...
Ed Weehole

Norwich, NY

#129 Jun 22, 2013
Hey Ed, why don't you try playing bocce instead of worrying about a few pennies? You're about as popular hereabouts as Javon Wameling in a day care center.
outsider

Ithaca, NY

#130 Jun 22, 2013
I'm not from New Hartford and have never been in the library. I've driven past it though! In reading all this, a few things become apparent. One, the first order of business is anyone who is currently involved in the running of the library needs to be booted to the curb. It sounds like a massive ego trip for all involved. Two, after everyone is booted out and a new board installed a complete audit needs to be made of what was spent where and by whom, what exactly is the financial status and come up with a realistic economic plan for the future.

Without egos getting in the way.

Good luck.
Dirty fan

Little Falls, NY

#131 Jun 22, 2013
outsider wrote:
I'm not from New Hartford and have never been in the library. I've driven past it though! In reading all this, a few things become apparent. One, the first order of business is anyone who is currently involved in the running of the library needs to be booted to the curb. It sounds like a massive ego trip for all involved. Two, after everyone is booted out and a new board installed a complete audit needs to be made of what was spent where and by whom, what exactly is the financial status and come up with a realistic economic plan for the future.
Without egos getting in the way.
Good luck.
Yes sir. A complete boot. Including the current resident problem child. Start with a clean slate. They ALL need to go. And who gives a shit if the mufflers are loud.
Joe Goofo

Utica, NY

#132 Jun 24, 2013
Dear NHPL,

I'll give you 1 more member item taxpayer dollar gift if you promise to stop asking me for money every year.

You friend,

Wink

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Anybody Remember Eric & The Chessmen? 5 min Oldernow 29
Claudia Bad Mouthing 18 min Chauncey 30
Police Cover-up in New Hartford 29 min Sir Osis 46
New UFD Chief 38 min test 19
A murder and years later no answers 1 hr Uphill fight 3
Henry lucio 1 hr Shrimpeater 5
Brenda Kent 1 hr big dreamer 16
Wegmans Coming To Whitesboro 4 hr TheSlobSeemann 139
Keeler calls Joe Marino (Utica Councilman) out ... 4 hr Wtf 112
Dr. Talarico Married to LaBella's Cousin (Jun '09) 12 hr Experience 87