Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Does anyone know who owns the library? This is a question that was never answered. I always thought it was part of the town's assets. Am I wrong?
Library Mess

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

No one knows who owns the library. All that is known is that the town of New Hartford does not own the library.
DonnaS

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Library Mess wrote:
No one knows who owns the library. All that is known is that the town of New Hartford does not own the library.
How can no one know who owns/controls the NH library - and pays salaries to library employees? Anybody. I say Romano has to go also.
Valarius Prisco

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Per the OD this morning Linda Romano's library gang voted to give outgoing library director Hans Peeping Tom Plembeck an extremely generous taxpayer separation package. The package was against the library's own written rules. These people shouldn't be trusted with a wooden nickel they carved themselves.
Jeff Chaucer

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

A separation package of $3,200 per year for 5 years (towards Mr. Plembeck's health care insurance) after 30 years of service is hardly an "extremely generous taxpayer separation package." Instead of sitting back, hiding behind an anonymous name and criticizing everything, why don't you talk about 5 positive things in New Hartford. It is a great community with a wonderful library. Or better yet - why don't you get off your duff and volunteer somewhere and actually contribute something positive to our community?
Rah Rah BOOM

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Jeff

The real problem with this separation package is that by violating their own rules, the Library Trustees now have set a new precedent for all employees. Thanks to their generosity now every NH Library employee can now expect the same kind of deal regardless of what the rules say or what they originally agreed to. The Library Trustees now have no grounds to deny them if they want what Hans Plembeck got. Think how much this is going to cost the taxpayers for years to come. And to think Linda Romano wanted to more than double the budget to $ 1 million dollars. The Library Trustees can no longer be trusted with taxpayer money.
Library Patron

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Rah Rah BOOM wrote:
Jeff
The real problem with this separation package is that by violating their own rules, the Library Trustees now have set a new precedent for all employees. Thanks to their generosity now every NH Library employee can now expect the same kind of deal regardless of what the rules say or what they originally agreed to. The Library Trustees now have no grounds to deny them if they want what Hans Plembeck got. Think how much this is going to cost the taxpayers for years to come. And to think Linda Romano wanted to more than double the budget to $ 1 million dollars. The Library Trustees can no longer be trusted with taxpayer money.
Clearly Jeff has been drinking the Romano Kool-Aid. It is ridiculous to change policies arbitrarily because "another library system" provides better benefits. It's our [wasted] money. Glad to see two trustees, including Ed, voted against it. I guess she makes her own rules... and if you don't agree with her, get out.
Money Tree

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Clearly library funding from the town needs to be reduced by $3,200/year for 5 years until board members follow rules THEY instituted and agreed to years ago.
Frustrated Library Guy

Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Library Patron wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly Jeff has been drinking the Romano Kool-Aid. It is ridiculous to change policies arbitrarily because "another library system" provides better benefits. It's our [wasted] money. Glad to see two trustees, including Ed, voted against it. I guess she makes her own rules... and if you don't agree with her, get out.
That has to be the most expensive small library in the U.S. Seriously, a $1 million budget? Why? Do the taxpayers want it - based on residents I have talked to - NO! Romano needs a visit from a forensic accountant. How do you spend that much? OK, stupid question... Romano's in the equation.
Linda Library

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

The library trustees now have lost the ability to control the spending and budgeting of their funding. If the rules don't matter anymore then anything is permitted. In fact, library employees can now demand compensation package I like the outgoing director got even if the trustees don't want to give it to them. They are out of control and the town needs to step in.
Raven

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Judging by what I see and hear Councilman Donald Backman is very concerned over Linda Romano's lack of leadership and deviation of library policies. How much did Linda Romano really donate to the library?
Spartan

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Councilman Dave Reynolds is now the Town Board contact for the library
I recommend that everyone contact him with your concerns about Linda Romano's leadership of the library.
question

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Spartan wrote:
Councilman Dave Reynolds is now the Town Board contact for the library
I recommend that everyone contact him with your concerns about Linda Romano's leadership of the library.
Where did you get this info from? How do you contact him?
Spartan

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

He can be contacted through rge New Hartford town website.
Clarification

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

The OD reported that Mr. Plembeck has worked for the library for 30 years - interesting, the New Hartford library is not 30 years old. $3200 per year does not seem like a lot, but when you have an organization which is working in the red (by more than six figures) with no plans to cover the loss, then any additional expense should be seriously scrutinized. Giving any extra benefits at an additional cost which goes against policy, just because you want to be nice, is NOT prudent. If the organization was working in the black and made the decision to change employee benefits, then that would be easier to accept.
Raven

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Dave Reynolds is in the pockets of Linda Romano. Who are you kidding? He has done nothing to investigate this Romano Group and never will.
Vincent

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Raven wrote:
Dave Reynolds is in the pockets of Linda Romano. Who are you kidding? He has done nothing to investigate this Romano Group and never will.
If this is true, then Romano will continue to mismanage the library, and incur additional costs without oversight. This situation is abominable. I am disgusted and appalled with her stewardship of our library. So are my neighbors.
Raven

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

It is very true. Ask anyone who is familiar with Councilman Reynold's relationship with Romano and her minions.
educator

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Close the library. Hell, burn the books. Elect Ed Waitr town supervisor. THAT'LL fix things. Better yet, start an election campaign: Ed Waitr for Congress...NO! Ed Waitr for President!!! Imagine the decades old conspiracies he would bare to the public: Who killed JFK, where is Amelia Earhardt, Elvis is alive, Hitler didn't die in the bunker, Jimmy Hoffa's whereabouts, walking on the moon (or not). My heart goes pitter patter just thinking of Ed in the Oval Office. I'll bet Ed can stop all the wars, solve global warming (that is unless he thinks it's another conspiracy)simplify the tax code, and establish relations with the Middle East and North Korea. And that's just his first week. Oh, Ed, please,please do us the honor of accepting both political parties' unanimous endorsement for the highest office in the land. You can do it, Ed. And anytime things get tough, just duck into the nearest phone booth, suit up in those tights and red cape, and fight for truth, justice, and the American way!!! Just be sure to avoid legitimate facts- that;s your kryptonite.
patron

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Vincent wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is true, then Romano will continue to mismanage the library, and incur additional costs without oversight. This situation is abominable. I am disgusted and appalled with her stewardship of our library. So are my neighbors.
The library is very popular. It is difficult to find a parking space within walking distance. Ms Romano deserves credit for the beautiful library she has donated. You people should be ashamed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of126
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••