NH Library taxpayer funded waste
Wendel

Chicago, IL

#48 Jun 17, 2013
The OD should walk Sara Tracy to the door, and get back to the business of reporting both sides of the story.

Clearly, Linda Romano's opinions control her presentation. This is unprofessional, a sham and needs to be addressed. Get rid of the starry eyed reporter and put someone unbiased in the role.
Rah Rah BOOM

Dover, DE

#49 Jun 17, 2013
Wendel wrote:
The OD should walk Sara Tracy to the door, and get back to the business of reporting both sides of the story.
Clearly, Linda Romano's opinions control her presentation. This is unprofessional, a sham and needs to be addressed. Get rid of the starry eyed reporter and put someone unbiased in the role.
Agree! Time for honest, complete and unbiased reporting. Sara Tracy's coverage of New Hartford is embarrassing the OD.
Former Patron

Dallas, TX

#50 Jun 18, 2013
Why isn't there an investigation into how the money is being used? We need an accounting of where taxpayer dollars are going.

We need answers, not from Romano and the board, but from an outside source. STOP THE WASTE.
Rah Rah BOOM

Dover, DE

#51 Jun 18, 2013
Surprise surprise surprise! emails aquired through the freedom of information act show that Library Board President Linda Romano encouraged resigning trustees Earl Cunningham and Connie Stephens to use their resignations to smear fellow trustee Ed Wiatr. How childish and embarrassing for them.
Reggie

Chicago, IL

#52 Jun 18, 2013
Rah Rah BOOM wrote:
Surprise surprise surprise! emails aquired through the freedom of information act show that Library Board President Linda Romano encouraged resigning trustees Earl Cunningham and Connie Stephens to use their resignations to smear fellow trustee Ed Wiatr. How childish and embarrassing for them.
Not a surprise, behavior I would expect from her. Sleazy yes, surprise no. Wonder what is next to embarrass the library and NH? I'm waiting for the disco ball to arrive. Losers.
educator

Utica, NY

#53 Jun 18, 2013
Ed Waitr is a joke. He's an egotistical know-nothing who sees a conspiracy behind every corner. He is antagonistic, self appointed expert on all things. He cannot win an important election, so he proclaims himself "the people's champion" and spends his time delving into issues that he does not understand. He fancies himself as an intelligent government whistleblower; in fact, he is a pathetic loser who is dismissed by the vast majority of the village and town of New Hartford. He is encouraged by the miniscule mindless entourage who thinks like he does; to promote intelligent dissent is threatening to him. He was thrown a bone and appointed to the Library Board, and he's even managed to screw that up. Anyone with a shred of intelligence dismisses him as a farce. All he needs is a clown suit.
Potty

Little Falls, NY

#54 Jun 18, 2013
educator wrote:
Ed Waitr is a joke. He's an egotistical know-nothing who sees a conspiracy behind every corner. He is antagonistic, self appointed expert on all things. He cannot win an important election, so he proclaims himself "the people's champion" and spends his time delving into issues that he does not understand. He fancies himself as an intelligent government whistleblower; in fact, he is a pathetic loser who is dismissed by the vast majority of the village and town of New Hartford. He is encouraged by the miniscule mindless entourage who thinks like he does; to promote intelligent dissent is threatening to him. He was thrown a bone and appointed to the Library Board, and he's even managed to screw that up. Anyone with a shred of intelligence dismisses him as a farce. All he needs is a clown suit.
He is an embarrassment to clowns everywhere. An awful dreadful person. May he find peace knowing he is unique like the rest of the short bus riders.
Rah Rah BOOM

Dover, DE

#55 Jun 18, 2013
educator wrote:
Rich, do all of us a favor and resign as a Library Trustee. Oh, don't forget to blame Ed Wiatr on the way out the door.
Name Withheld

Miami, FL

#56 Jun 18, 2013
educator wrote:
Hey, Linda... saw your post on Ed Waitr. Wow, good one. You shredded him. I'll quote this one in the OD like it was anonymous. Thanks again for dinner last night.
educator

Lowville, NY

#57 Jun 18, 2013
I'm guessing your post was an attempt at sarcasm. At any rate, I'm not Linda. I don't live in New Hartford. The first time I encountered the moron, Ed Waitr, he was picking up a petition to run for the Whitesboro School Board, apparently for one of his cronies who wanted to spread the gospel according to Edward. Given the organized election efforts in that district, he apparently gave up that idea and decided to tilt at other windmills. What struck me was first, his refusal to give his name.(Another conspiracy!!!!) Second, he was incredibly rude to the secretary. New Hartford residents are not the only intelligent people on the planet, nor are they the only ones who have a distaste for the self anointed messiah of their government. His appointment to the Library Board was Pat's wonderfully appropriate revenge on what was a close knit group with no accountability to the public. That time is past, and Ed Waitr's is also. He is an embarrassment to New Hartford; do not mistake tolerance for approval. I tolerate snakes and cockroaches, but I don't like them.
Musonius Rufus

Whitesboro, NY

#58 Jun 18, 2013
educator wrote:
I'm guessing your post was an attempt at sarcasm. At any rate, I'm not Linda. I don't live in New Hartford. The first time I encountered the moron, Ed Waitr, he was picking up a petition to run for the Whitesboro School Board, apparently for one of his cronies who wanted to spread the gospel according to Edward. Given the organized election efforts in that district, he apparently gave up that idea and decided to tilt at other windmills. What struck me was first, his refusal to give his name.(Another conspiracy!!!!) Second, he was incredibly rude to the secretary. New Hartford residents are not the only intelligent people on the planet, nor are they the only ones who have a distaste for the self anointed messiah of their government. His appointment to the Library Board was Pat's wonderfully appropriate revenge on what was a close knit group with no accountability to the public. That time is past, and Ed Waitr's is also. He is an embarrassment to New Hartford; do not mistake tolerance for approval. I tolerate snakes and cockroaches, but I don't like them.
So you don't live in New Hartford but you know all about the NH library... right
Unreal

Little Falls, NY

#59 Jun 18, 2013
Musonius Rufus wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't live in New Hartford but you know all about the NH library... right
I didn't realize you needed to be a resident of NH to find your way around Sangertown mall!

Your arguments are week. And your ignorance is absurd. Epic fail!

To the poster discussing the windbag clown. Thank good there are others that see this guy for how he is. Another wannabe politican looking to have his day in the sun.
Raven

Utica, NY

#60 Jun 18, 2013
This person never gave his name but Educator says it was Wiatr, so it must be? This person sounds likes he/she has an axe to grind. If waitr lives in New Hartford, how could he run for a Whitesboro School Board vacancy? Educator you are not. Mr. Waitr is far from a moron and your tone of voice reflects what a truly negative person you really are. Waitr has my vote because he stands up for the rights of others. When was the last time you did a public deed for the people?
Roger K

Chicago, IL

#61 Jun 18, 2013
educator wrote:
I'm guessing your post was an attempt at sarcasm.
You shouldn't assume anything. Your premise that Ed is an obnoxious idiot is specious. He is a well educated, driven individual... that strives to do the best job he can. Dealing with the Romano sleaze machine was more than he would tolerate.

I don't blame him for leaving. Your protestations are false.
well

New York, NY

#62 Jun 19, 2013
educator wrote:
You sound threatened by him, this must be someone on the board. I don't know anyone that "dismisses" as you say, except for the ones on the board.
Pat Jizinski

United States

#64 Jun 19, 2013
All this about a LIBRARY. Only in New Hartford can this become such a joke.

Libraries in other towns arent run like this. The main culprit is all the little rich kids who think that people should bow before them.

Sometime around the year 2018, we'll find out where all that money really goes for the NH Library. In the mean time, buy a tablet or a Nook. Who uses libraries in person anymore, anyway.
des bok

East Hartford, CT

#65 Jun 19, 2013
Ed Wiatr has NOT resigned from the Library Trustees. However the library board of Trustees would function better and be less confrontational if Linda Romano resigned.
Raven

Utica, NY

#66 Jun 19, 2013
There is someone who mistakenly thought Ed waitr resigned. The author was made aware of this mistake and is taking steps to correct. Hope this update is helpful to all the readers especially those who support Trustee Waitr.
Louis

France

#67 Jun 19, 2013
des bok wrote:
Ed Wiatr has NOT resigned from the Library Trustees. However the library board of Trustees would function better and be less confrontational if Linda Romano resigned.
That's a given. No one who argue that Romano has accomplished anything, except for upsetting everyone connected with the library, and wasting taxpayer dollars in the process.

What's her deal anyway? Can someone explain why she governs like a czar? Was it ever decided who owns the library?

As usual, no decent coverage in the OD.
Valarius Prisco

Canton, MA

#68 Jun 19, 2013
Louis wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a given. No one who argue that Romano has accomplished anything, except for upsetting everyone connected with the library, and wasting taxpayer dollars in the process.
What's her deal anyway? Can someone explain why she governs like a czar? Was it ever decided who owns the library?
As usual, no decent coverage in the OD.
I suspect that the Romano family donated a signifant amount of cash toward the construction of the library. Her mother's portrait hangs along the back staircase. I would say she feels that she said owns the library. The town certainly doesn't own it. Either way she may have this perception that she must protect her families legacy. Sadly though her confrontational style and missteps are destroying her reputation and standing. She's jumped the shark and should be the next trustee to resign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harmony Speciale 37 min INTERESTING 13
coward TOPIX TROLL PROVE YOU PAY INTO STATE 56 min coward parrot punk 1
Esche fired Nikki Todd 58 min coward parrot punk 25
100 million for 300 jobs 1 hr coward parrot punk 100
24 7 the ]\[lggers CRY ABOUT MONEY THEY DONT P... 1 hr coward parrot punk 20
i SAY NANO AND CRY ABOUT MONEY 24 7 1 hr coward parrot punk 9
New Hartford the new Chadwicks 1 hr Pond scum 6
New hartford is the new east utica 1 hr Wop Slop Town 182
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 2 hr CNY Poverty Criers 938
Marcy Nano Quad C 3 hr Danfoss WelfareChips 47

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages