NH Library taxpayer funded waste

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
SGT Preston of the Yukon

Utica, NY

#1 Jun 7, 2013
From the only source that accurately reports New Hartford News (hint, its not the OD)

"Although the library's adopted Personnel Policy only offers the option for the employee to purchase healthcare after retirement, the library apparently will pay 85% of Mr. Plambeck's healthcare costs until he reaches age 65 [about three years from now] and to also pay him for six (6) weeks of vacation time to allow him to stay home until his June 30th retirement date. According to the library personnel policy, after year 11 the most vacation time that can be accrued is 20 days. The policy does not allow unused vacation time to roll-over; unsed time must be forfeited; however, the Library Director has the option of allowing an employee to carry over a maximum of five (5) days. Mr. Plambeck has been on paid vacation for several weeks now.?
Stunned

Stafford, VA

#2 Jun 7, 2013
Why hasn't the OD reported on this? Why do they always slam Utica but give New Hartford a pass?
Rah Rah BOOM

Hampton, VA

#3 Jun 12, 2013
This ranks right up there will all of the overly inflated not-for-profit CEO benifit packages. Living high on the backs of the dwindling number of CNY taxpayers is a growth industry here with the useless OD leading the charge.
Jack Apples

Rome, NY

#4 Jun 12, 2013
Stunned wrote:
Why hasn't the OD reported on this? Why do they always slam Utica but give New Hartford a pass?
You're kidding right? Donna D. Doesn't want to piss off any of her elite NH friends.
OD reader

Brighton, MA

#5 Jun 13, 2013
Jack Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding right? Donna D. Doesn't want to piss off any of her elite NH friends.
OD reporters covering New Hartford have history of incompetence and dishonesty when it comes to New Hartford. The only exception was Liz Cooper who broke the Earle Reed financial disaster. Its no coincidence that she was removed right after. Current OD reporter Sara Tracy has drank the kool aid and routinely provides cover for New Hartford. What is clear is that the OD editorial board has no shame or pride in their work
dumbo

New York, NY

#6 Jun 13, 2013
Rah Rah BOOM wrote:
This ranks right up there will all of the overly inflated not-for-profit CEO benifit packages. Living high on the backs of the dwindling number of CNY taxpayers is a growth industry here with the useless OD leading the charge.
NFP's don't have CEO's retard. sniff paint fumes much?
Huh

Rome, NY

#7 Jun 13, 2013
dumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
NFP's don't have CEO's retard. sniff paint fumes much?
That is incorrect and some are paid quite well...
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...
dumbo

New York, NY

#9 Jun 13, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
That is incorrect and some are paid quite well...
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...
wrong, they are called Executive Directors, not CEO's. that page is wrong.
OD reader

Brighton, MA

#10 Jun 13, 2013
dumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
So Dumbo..
Your problem is with the OD, not us!
Hate me a bully

Utica, NY

#11 Jun 13, 2013
http://m.uticaod.com/observerdis/index.htm;js...

Bravo Ed. Another one down. Your road to library greatness continues to be paved. Few more drop off and you can declare yourself emperor of all the books in the town. Haha be proud you big bully.

Little does the majority of town folk understand your end game. But they will. You'll end up closing the doors in the name of fiscal prudencey. Just like you'd do to the town itself if you had the chance. You'd have this town be farms and dirt roads if it was up to you. Have fun dismantling decades of progress. Congrats !
Hmmm

New York, NY

#12 Jun 13, 2013
dumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbo -
Do a google search for not for profit and CEO. Must be most of the internet or possibly you are is incorrect...
Musonius Rufus

Utica, NY

#13 Jun 13, 2013
Hate me a bully wrote:
http://m.uticaod.com/observerd is/index.htm;jsessionid=23CAF8 55A3155C76FBAAF14816F10327
Bravo Ed. Another one down. Your road to library greatness continues to be paved. Few more drop off and you can declare yourself emperor of all the books in the town. Haha be proud you big bully.
Little does the majority of town folk understand your end game. But they will. You'll end up closing the doors in the name of fiscal prudencey. Just like you'd do to the town itself if you had the chance. You'd have this town be farms and dirt roads if it was up to you. Have fun dismantling decades of progress. Congrats !
Earle Cunningham resigned? Yeah, the man was totally incompentant and clueless. Ed should take over the library. You want to know what this is about? This is about Library Board President circumventing the Town Board by having people resign now and not finish their terms, that way Linda appoints them and not the town board.
Jack Apples

Rome, NY

#14 Jun 13, 2013
Hahaha one by one they will all resign. Someone doesn't play by THEIR rules they cry and walk away. What a joke the million dollar library has become.
Unreal

Utica, NY

#15 Jun 14, 2013
Jack Apples wrote:
Hahaha one by one they will all resign. Someone doesn't play by THEIR rules they cry and walk away. What a joke the million dollar library has become.
the only joke is one trouble maker looking to be a god in the town of nh someday. There is this guy who craves nothing but self fulfillment from his constant prodding into everyone's business. He implies himself as some do gooder. Some bringer of justice. The cold fact is he is mean. Has venomous content for everyone. And in the end is simply like all the people he wants replaced. He simply wants his day in the sun and the glory that comes with it in his mind. I'm sure when he's done decimating and dismantling our once proud town he will erect a statue of himself in the village green for all future generations to admire his image. Every anitchrist has these tendencies.
Illusion of Grandeur

New York, NY

#16 Jun 14, 2013
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
the only joke is one trouble maker looking to be a god in the town of nh someday. There is this guy who craves nothing but self fulfillment from his constant prodding into everyone's business. He implies himself as some do gooder. Some bringer of justice. The cold fact is he is mean. Has venomous content for everyone. And in the end is simply like all the people he wants replaced. He simply wants his day in the sun and the glory that comes with it in his mind. I'm sure when he's done decimating and dismantling our once proud town he will erect a statue of himself in the village green for all future generations to admire his image. Every anitchrist has these tendencies.
That sounds like obonzo too!
Thank You

New York, NY

#17 Jun 14, 2013
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I applaud his (or their) actions. If someone is doing nothing wrong or has nothing to hide then what is the problem? IMHO, we need groups like this at all levels of government to help provide a check and balance...
Donahue

Utica, NY

#18 Jun 14, 2013
What is the schedule for the bands playing at the village green this summer?

Man I can't find it anywhere and I just love some live music. I really like the banjo players.
Not sure

New York, NY

#19 Jun 14, 2013
Donahue wrote:
What is the schedule for the bands playing at the village green this summer?
Man I can't find it anywhere and I just love some live music. I really like the banjo players.
Could not find anything either and the page with the schedule has nothing added to it. Here is possibly someone to call who either may have information or can point you in the right direction:

http://www.newhartfordtown.com/NHParks.htm
Rah Rah BOOM

Hampton, VA

#20 Jun 14, 2013
This is another example of the OD being in the bag for the region's political "elite" . Last night, Library Board president Linda Romano emailed Earle Cunningham's letter of resignation to OD NH beat reporter Sara Tracy. Within hours, the letter, almost word for word was posted on the OD website. This is the second time that a disgruntled Library trustee has resigned and has used the opportunity to grandstand and smear fellow trustee Ed Wiatr. An honest and objective journalist would have contacted Mr. Wiatr and asked for a statement and Ms. Tracy failed to do so on both occasions. Ms. Tracy has thrown off any presence of journalistic integrity and objectivity while covering New Hartford. This whole sordid affair is an embarrassment to the New Hartford Library Board of trustees, Sara Tracy and the OD editorial board. If the OD hopes to get any creditability back, Sara Tracy should be removed as NH beat reporter immediately.
retired army retard

Waterville, NY

#21 Jun 14, 2013
Earle Cunningham's resignation is a positive gain for the library. During Library Board meetings Mr Cunningham failed to demonstrate a clear knowledge of the library's financial status and his documentation techniques were abysmal and out of date. His and former trustee Connie Stephens' rants against Mr Wiatr as they run out the library door are childish, immature and unprofessional. Unfortunately, this playground circus atmosphere is systematic of the Linda Romano lead library board of trustees.
Now for Sara Tracy:This the second time that the OD has breathlessly printed out a trustee resignation who took the opportunity to grandstand and take pot shots against Mr. Wiatr and you failed to contact him and get his perspective. In fact, I call into questions the accuracy of you and the OD's wole approach to covering the library.

Here are more examples:
-You knew that Connie Stephen's resigned for over two weeks before you even mentioned it thereby preventing the general public from submitting their resume's for an appointment of as a replacement
- You failed to report that our supposedly cashed strapped library is giving outgoing library director Hans Plambeck an extremely generous separation package to include:payiny 85% of Mr. Plambeck's healthcare costs until he reaches age 65 [about three years from now] and to also pay him for six (6) weeks of vacation time to allow him to stay home until his June 30th retirement date. All of which is in clear violation of the library's own rules and by laws.
-Speaking of Hans Plembeck, you failed to report to the public an email from then Library director Hans Plembeck to Linda Romano bragging on how he used the library's own security cameras to spy on library patrons as they reviewed documents in the library.
-During the recent library board meeting that appointed Heather Mowat to the library board, you failed to report that Ms. Mowat's appointment was done without any public notification or committee review in clear violation of the library's by-laws
-You knew about the murky situation on the library's ownership and you still haven't reported on it. You have been given source documents that clearly demonstrate that the library should beowned by the town and yet you continue to withhold from the public
-At a recent NH Town Board meeting, the issue of releasing the Library's audit report was debated and put up for a vote. Also, the library's ownership status was discussed. You omitted both discussions from your report in the OD.

I could list more examples but I think the point has been made. You and the OD's coverage has been incomplete and has been a disservice to the public at large. You have totally relinquished the press's proper role as a watchdog for the role of cheerleader and enabler.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Song Are You Listening To Right Now? (Sep '11) 2 hr Nuclear Chicken 431
fitness mill 8 hr Buff Biff 3
Hannaford shopping plaza in east Utica on Moha... 9 hr Hang Em 6
Wboro School Taxes going Up AGAIN 9 hr wow 17
Those Two Stop Lights On The Arterial 11 hr pyramid scheme 3
area to get new hospital 12 hr screw us 12
Obama halts sale of some military equipment to ... 12 hr screw us 3
WKTV-Smith Thu The Bogie 16
More from around the web

Utica People Search