First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 13

Utica, NY

#1 Nov 7, 2013
I have these things called salts. There glass from late 1800 to early 1900, about 7 years ago I got an offer for $4,800. I cant find the person that gave me the offer. I seen them on ebay selling from $10 to $180. I dont have time I need the money now. I have about 500 of them. If I could get $4 each I would sell today. Anyone know of anybody that woild buy, I really need help
Jeeeeese

Utica, NY

#2 Nov 7, 2013
Good English,,,sound real professional!
Salts

Cortland, NY

#3 Nov 7, 2013
I used to collect them too. Back in the day they were used instead of a salt shaker. You just pinched a bit of salt out of one for your food.$4 each is a good price for each one. But I hope can sell them all at once. Have you tried going to antique stores? Or maybe you can get a table at a local craft fair and sell them.

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#4 Nov 7, 2013
fun 420 wrote:
I have these things called salts. There glass from late 1800 to early 1900, about 7 years ago I got an offer for $4,800. I cant find the person that gave me the offer. I seen them on ebay selling from $10 to $180. I dont have time I need the money now. I have about 500 of them. If I could get $4 each I would sell today. Anyone know of anybody that woild buy, I really need help
Tell me, are any of them a shiny chartreuse or yellow green color. I'm always making offers on Uranium/vaseline glass.

Since: Oct 13

Utica, NY

#5 Nov 8, 2013
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me, are any of them a shiny chartreuse or yellow green color. I'm always making offers on Uranium/vaseline glass.
some are colored but most are clear,, im really looking for an offer

Since: Oct 13

Utica, NY

#6 Nov 8, 2013
Salts wrote:
I used to collect them too. Back in the day they were used instead of a salt shaker. You just pinched a bit of salt out of one for your food.$4 each is a good price for each one. But I hope can sell them all at once. Have you tried going to antique stores? Or maybe you can get a table at a local craft fair and sell them.
I have gone to one antique store and they said I have to many of them. They said I should hold on to them in till the bokville (sp) craft show.they said they will sell great there. I dont have time and just looking for an offer

Since: Oct 13

Utica, NY

#7 Nov 8, 2013
fun 420 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have gone to one antique store and they said I have to many of them. They said I should hold on to them in till the bokville (sp) craft show.they said they will sell great there. I dont have time and just looking for an offer
HELP
Yea Robbie

Utica, NY

#8 Nov 8, 2013
I'm a buyer of them all for around 125 it's a hard sell and a lot of work and a real waiting game I no the offer sounds low but an offer is better then no offer at all

“"Trust no one"”

Level 1

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#9 Nov 8, 2013
Yea Robbie wrote:
I'm a buyer of them all for around 125 it's a hard sell and a lot of work and a real waiting game I no the offer sounds low but an offer is better then no offer at all
Yeah, that is the thing. They are not really that hot a collectable these days. 10-15 years ago they flew. They are a slow moving item know especially clear glass ones. The specialty glass pieces out are easier to move because of buyers of certain glass types (it has appeal as a salt dish collectable and glass type collectable).

Since: Oct 13

Utica, NY

#11 Nov 8, 2013
FTW Yall wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that is the thing. They are not really that hot a collectable these days. 10-15 years ago they flew. They are a slow moving item know especially clear glass ones. The specialty glass pieces out are easier to move because of buyers of certain glass types (it has appeal as a salt dish collectable and glass type collectable).
I just seen one on ebay just sold for $185

Since: Oct 13

Utica, NY

#13 Nov 9, 2013
fun 420 wrote:
<quoted text> I just seen one on ebay just sold for $185
any help ?

Since: Oct 13

Utica, NY

#14 Nov 9, 2013
fun 420 wrote:
<quoted text> any help ?
?
always looking

Utica, NY

#15 Nov 9, 2013
In willing to pay 175 for all of them
great

Utica, NY

#16 Nov 9, 2013
always looking wrote:
In willing to pay 175 for all of them
i too have seen them on ebay for $15 to $200 each..just like utica find someone down on his luck and try to screw him more.$4 each is a great deal. I wish i had the money

Since: Oct 13

Utica, NY

#17 Nov 10, 2013
great wrote:
<quoted text> i too have seen them on ebay for $15 to $200 each..just like utica find someone down on his luck and try to screw him more.$4 each is a great deal. I wish i had the money
someone sent me an email and I sent a photo of them ..he coming from Binghamton. He told me not to sell !!!
love or hate u decide

Cold Brook, NY

#18 Nov 10, 2013
always looking wrote:
In willing to pay 175 for all of them
You should use your full name: always looking ..to screw someone..
Happy

Cortland, NY

#19 Nov 10, 2013
That's great news!!! How did you find the guy to buy?

Since: Oct 13

Utica, NY

#20 Nov 11, 2013
Happy wrote:
That's great news!!! How did you find the guy to buy?
nope a no show

Since: Oct 13

Utica, NY

#21 Nov 12, 2013
fun 420 wrote:
<quoted text> nope a no show
still looking for an offer
Yea Robbie

Utica, NY

#22 Nov 12, 2013
Got one before your crazy with your price tried to be gentle with you but there pretty much dead if thre worth so much on eBay why not sell them there duh face the fact there not worth what you think if you get a hundred buck your lucky

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristen Copeland. Channel 2 News (Feb '13) 30 min Cecelie 36
Calling Out Bobby Oliveira the liar 33 min hah 7
Apple Techs Caught Using Windows XP In Its iPh... 34 min broadwell 17
RCIL's Newest Addition Executive Director AKA T... (Apr '14) 40 min Gladsheisgone 342
tom hajdasz living on tilden true? 41 min heidi 1
Got ripped off by Towing company at concent ton... 48 min Blue 81
YWCA-Natalie Brown (May '11) 54 min Blue 83
AHL Worldwide 3 hr Sad 29
tonys audelicious 5 hr funny but True 4
listen to the teachers whining 7 hr Ole timer 90
Sasquatch Spotted In New Hartford (Nov '13) 12 hr smack dat a s s 18
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:59 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:59PM
Why the NY Giants Absolutely Must Draft ILB Denzel Perryman
NBC Sports 6:29 AM
Todd Bowles: I can't say now if Geno is or isn't our quarterback
NFL 7:51 AM
Bills GM: EJ Manuel knows he needs to 'step up'
Bleacher Report 8:03 AM
Did the Jets Get It Right? Grading Woody Johnson's Offseason Moves
Yahoo! Sports11:24 AM
New Browns OC unfazed by QB uncertainty
Bleacher Report11:36 AM
Ex-QB: Equipment Staff Fixes Brady's Balls
Bleacher Report 7:29 PM
How the Jets Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report 8:01 PM
5 2nd Round Prospects Jets Should Target
NBC Sports 5:15 AM
Friday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 7:09 AM
Perry Fewell to interview for position coach job with 49ers