The United States Postal Service
Citizen

Aspermont, TX

#21 Jun 22, 2013
The USPS is going broke because they are not delivering the mail. That is simply the long and short of it. It has nothing to do with their delivery people, or any other thing that you would think should be the cause. 911 officials have simply sabotaged every delivery system and communications system in this country and no one in the government seems to have the sense to know that these people have deliberately destroyed the economy all by themselves because they simply refuse to correct addresses or follow the laws of this country because they think they have the right to override the law when it comes to safety. And the almost humorous thing about this is that the addresses that they are assigning have been proven over and over again to be unsafe and confusing. What has happened is the 911 authorities have simply refused to listen or co-operate with the citizens of which they serve, and the Government simply has failed to set them straight about the law. The U.S. Constitution is the first set of laws of this country and everybody seems to be ignoring this fact even though they took an oath to uphold these very same laws. Do you even wonder why the USPS is going under when you have office holders breaking these very same laws. It seems to be that they think that it's what you can get away with and not about following the law.
question

Sherburne, NY

#22 Jun 22, 2013
When you receive a letter for someone who has moved and no longer lives where you have received the mail..... What are you supposed to do??? I have been writing on the mail that doesn't belong to me (does not live at this address) and three days later I get the same freaking letter again@!!!!! Am I doing something wrong????????? After 4 years you would think they would get a brain!!!
hdog

New York, NY

#23 Jun 23, 2013
Congress has been stealing from the SPS via a 'pre-funding' of health insurance scam. This is a manufactured crisis.
End of Story

Utica, NY

#24 Jun 23, 2013
question wrote:
When you receive a letter for someone who has moved and no longer lives where you have received the mail..... What are you supposed to do??? I have been writing on the mail that doesn't belong to me (does not live at this address) and three days later I get the same freaking letter again@!!!!! Am I doing something wrong????????? After 4 years you would think they would get a brain!!!
when that happens ti me, I just neatly darken out my address on the envelope & throw it back into a mailbox.
Your Letter Carrier

Ithaca, NY

#25 Jun 23, 2013
Citizen wrote:
The biggest financial problem that USPS is that they made an agreement with 911 addressing. And because 911 addressing officials can not be held accountable for making wrong addresses. The USPS is double handling packages and mail items thus doubling their cost for delivering the packages and letters. Then the postal patrons stop sending mail to many locations because they are afraid of losing their money on the shipping and their profit on the sale. UPS, FED-EX, DHL,and many other companies do not stop delivery and return packages just because of an address conflict with a 911 address and a ligitamate street address. USPS Post Master's are returning the mail that they took an oath to deliver simply because it does not carry the latest 911 address even though they have delivered letters and packages to the address on the letter and they know where that address is located. Local 911 addressing officials are primarily to blame for the USPS's indebtedness due to their incompetences that are going unchecked by our government on all levels. This recession was started by this criminal behavior, and it is the reason people have lost all confidence in the USPS employees to do their jobs, and that is to deliver the mail. 911 addressing was implemented to help make our country safer, but for the most part it has only led to making places less safe and more broke. When you place names on places that are confusing and that are not liked you get what you wanted CHAOS. You can not make money in the delivery business if you can not guarentee delivery.
The "Route #'s" on Rural Routes were changed to 911 numbers more than 20 years ago, and it was a complete success. ALL delivery services use those numbers. If your Postmaster is returning your mail or packages it is more than likely because YOU are too stupid to correctly fill out the order forms on line, or too stupid to know what your MAILING address is.
What does "double handling" mean? Did you just make that up?
What you don't know about how the Postal System works could fill a Book.
What does guarantee mean to you? If you get a Guarantee, and the service is not provided, you get our money back.

If you believe 911 addressing was some sort of Chaos Creating Conspiracy.....you should get some professional help
Your Letter Carrier

Ithaca, NY

#26 Jun 23, 2013
question wrote:
There are several possible issues at play, what many Postal customers don't realize is, with massive cut backs there are often times turnover of Delivery personnel, when that happens the Carrier is told "deliver as addressed" quite often that means the customers get mail meant for previous addressee's. Also some customers put mail back in the box that has an incorrect name but also says "or current resident" the Mailer wants that to go to that address regardless of who lives there. While it seems simple, some mail pieces are "3rd class bulk mail" and do not have enough postage on them to be returned, they are just recycled. The Mailer NEVER finds out you returned it.
Finally, think about this, not that long ago the majority of Postal Customers lived in there home for Decades, there was traditionally ONE Family name, Husband, Wife, a couple of Kids.
Now, these Carriers are dealing with less "traditional" families.
Multiple Names, people moving in and out, give them a break.....
Oh Ya

Sherburne, NY

#27 Jun 23, 2013
I've lived here for 4 years. I get the same mail for people who used to live here everyday. I even filled out a special notice to just have MY NAME as the only one here. I still get others mail. I'm ready to just throw it away then waste my time putting does not live here on it!!!! And it's not just junk mail I am getting!!!
Warren St

Utica, NY

#28 Jun 23, 2013
I love my carrier
Your Letter Carrier

Ithaca, NY

#29 Jun 24, 2013
Oh Ya wrote:
I've lived here for 4 years. I get the same mail for people who used to live here everyday. I even filled out a special notice to just have MY NAME as the only one here. I still get others mail. I'm ready to just throw it away then waste my time putting does not live here on it!!!! And it's not just junk mail I am getting!!!
Have you tried speaking to your Letter Carrier about it? Do you know what I mean???? Speak to Him/Her as if he or she were a REAL Human being?
You might be surprised by the positive response you might get if you just treat them like "people".
If you can't bring yourself to act in a more pro-active or positive manner then, by all means just recycle the Mail that doesn't belong to you.
black is black

Carthage, NY

#30 Jun 24, 2013
hank hill wrote:
Mail isnt reliable anymore either, sent a little guy a birthday card over a month ago, he still hasn't gotten it. Maybe thats why ppl ship via UPS and FED EX.
I mailed out my car loan payment over a month ago - it was never received either.

It cost me $30 to put a Stop Payment on it and reissue another check. This time, I delivered my payment to a branch office and got a receipt.
I will do that

Sherburne, NY

#31 Jun 24, 2013
Since my mail is delivered at a different time each day, I'll just get my lawn chair and wait to talk to him.......
USPS

Sherburne, NY

#32 Jun 24, 2013
Your Letter Carrier wrote:
<quoted text>There are several possible issues at play, what many Postal customers don't realize is, with massive cut backs there are often times turnover of Delivery personnel, when that happens the Carrier is told "deliver as addressed" quite often that means the customers get mail meant for previous addressee's. Also some customers put mail back in the box that has an incorrect name but also says "or current resident" the Mailer wants that to go to that address regardless of who lives there. While it seems simple, some mail pieces are "3rd class bulk mail" and do not have enough postage on them to be returned, they are just recycled. The Mailer NEVER finds out you returned it.
Finally, think about this, not that long ago the majority of Postal Customers lived in there home for Decades, there was traditionally ONE Family name, Husband, Wife, a couple of Kids.
Now, these Carriers are dealing with less "traditional" families.
Multiple Names, people moving in and out, give them a break.....
Thanks for explaining this! So many people do expect us to know who lives where when they move out and leave no forwarding address CAUSE THEY WANNA LEAVE THEIR BILLS BEHIND! And others move out then move back then out etc.. wtf! Postal people have to be mind readers most of the time!
Your Letter Carrier

Ithaca, NY

#33 Jun 24, 2013
I will do that wrote:
Since my mail is delivered at a different time each day, I'll just get my lawn chair and wait to talk to him.......
It is obvious you have a predetermined attitude toward your Carrier or the Post Office in general.
So there is obviously no pleasing you.
My only other suggestion to you would be, save up all the mis delivered mail you get wrap it up in the shape of a long pole to replace that stick that is currently residing up your ass.
Sunset Ave

Utica, NY

#34 Jun 24, 2013
Your Letter Carrier wrote:
<quoted text>It is obvious you have a predetermined attitude toward your Carrier or the Post Office in general.
So there is obviously no pleasing you.
My only other suggestion to you would be, save up all the mis delivered mail you get wrap it up in the shape of a long pole to replace that stick that is currently residing up your ass.
Hey, buddy. Have the BALLS to SAY it to your customer!!!!!
southside johnny

Raleigh, NC

#35 Jun 25, 2013
The people that cause the most problem sre the people that are always saying " I wants my check" they have nothing else to do but bitch about getting their checks. I used to work in utica and every first of the month we would get the calls , " i have had death in my family and I need to come down and pick up my check , can't wait for delivery" more stories every month . I used to say sorry can't do it , Good Bye
Your Letter Carrier

Ithaca, NY

#36 Jun 25, 2013
Sunset Ave wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, buddy. Have the BALLS to SAY it to your customer!!!!!
Sorry to disappoint you but, more often than not it is the customers that complain who don't have the Balls to speak directly to their Carrier. When a Customer asks me a legitimate question regarding an ACTUAL problem, I will go out of my way to solve the problem. When a Customer has a problem with "the postal system" they don't really want solutions, they just want to Bitch.
As I said, there is no pleasing some people.
They believe incorrectly that by calling the P.O. or complaining on USPS.com they will get their Carrier "in trouble". They aren't accomplishing anything, and certainly not resolving any delivery issues they may have.
victoria dr

Utica, NY

#37 Jun 25, 2013
so much for all my complaints
southside johnny

Raleigh, NC

#38 Jun 26, 2013
I will do that wrote:
Sounds like you got nothing else to do loser, no job, just wait for mail all day, get a life
pick me

Utica, NY

#39 Jun 26, 2013
hank hill wrote:
Mail isnt reliable anymore either, sent a little guy a birthday card over a month ago, he still hasn't gotten it. Maybe thats why ppl ship via UPS and FED EX.
I have to ask--did you send any money in the card? I wonder because I ordered a $50 Visa gift card and it never came. I had to call and have them deactivate the card and get refunded. I'm afraid to reorder. I really suspect there are mail carriers out there who would think nothing of stealing from our mail. I have heard of it happening and delivery has been very unreliable around here for years since our first mailman, and then second mailman, got rerouted. And there's no complaining because how do you prove it? The USPS doesn't do a damn thing.
Yawn

Utica, NY

#40 Jun 26, 2013
Such is life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Cop Block 2 min we know 18
New tint law 6 min BS law 10
Why Are Liberals Bullys? 8 min naturalgirl 6
keeler trump has a job for you 11 min naturalgirl 8
Christy Thomas has herpes. Who else knows this? 14 min facepalm 4
Trump rally 24 min naturalgirl 11
John Wishart and brood (Jan '14) 29 min Christina 43
Claudia chickens out 33 min naturalgirl 19
Cops Speeding 2 hr PBA REP 25
Name shitty COPS 2 hr come on 9
How long does the IRS take to refund money afte... (Mar '13) 4 hr Intelligence 118

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages