Society is declining
Uncle Ted

Boston, MA

#94 Jan 7, 2013
Ben Gleck wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there you have it. The last couple of posts are from someone who thinks he's representing the conservative point of view.When in fact, he is ruinning it. We need a sane and reasonable republican party. But, as long as it's being hy-jacked by gun toting, Bible thumping, racist extremists, we will have a democratic monopoly. I could just as easilly be condemning liberals. I really have very little use for them. I was put in Viet Nam by democrats and stupidly so, in my opinion. I am sixty four years old, and a Viet nam vet. Marine infantry.(regardless of what these crazies on here believe). I love America. But, the America I love is not just for rich white men. It's here to give a chance for everyone. The dreaded "redistribution of wealth" that we hear tossed around lately, has already occured. The wealth all got redistributed to the top five %. They have the lobbyists. They can rerwrite the laws any which way they want. And what they want is to glom unto ever more wealth. If they are the job creators, where are the jobs? They're In India, and China, and Brazil. Because that's where the cheap labor is, and that's where the expanding markets are. What we need is capitalism with fair rules. Not the corporatocracy that's been created in the last forty years.Sorry for being so wordy. BTW I love capitalism. I am a bussiness man. And, yes I am quite comfortable financially.Just ignore this crazy person.I see that now he's pretending to be you. How can someone do that while claiming some kind of moral high ground? Incredible!
You are quite right, and I do agree about how crooked the corporate elite are. However, while I may be gun toting, I am neither a Bible thumper, or a racist (my wife is Asian). We are taxed too much already, and the Democratic Messiah keeps sticking it in everyone's ass even further. I will reiterate my position, that Bush sucked too, but Obama, it seems, is purposely doing things to screw us. The Obamacare taxes are kicking in, and my pay is going down, but the leeches in Washington voted themselves a raise as if they did something this year.
Quite frankly, I'm disgusted. I love my country, but I despise my government.

Level 5

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#95 Jan 7, 2013
wondering wrote:
http://www.statisticbrain.com/ welfare-statistics/
I'mnot sure what your point is here , with these statistics. Yes, there are way too many people on welfare and food stamps. It is truly awful. particularly for the recipients themselves. Do you really think anyone grows up with dreams of being a welfare recipient? What I ask you are what are the causes of this situation? how does the best workforce in the world become lazy and irresponsible overnight? The problem with the right wing world view is there's no causality. No one evr asks why. Automation?, outsourcing, lack of access to health care? substandard education? We have a huge drug abuse problem in this country. So what do we do? Just keep building more prizons. No one asks why. Why do people even want drugs in the first place? Unemployment?, under employment?, alienation? Why, all of a sudden do millions of Americans start doing drugs. Oh I know. it's all the "Libs" fault. how convenient. Just blame lefties for everything. BTW did you know that Obama/ Romney care was authored by the Heritage foundation. A conservative think tank, in the nineties, as an alternative to the Clinton's health care proposal( whgich ironically was authored by the Nixon administration? Of course not. Because everyone is getting their , so called news from AM radio shock jocks and Fox News. Which isn't news at all, but right wing propaganda.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#96 Jan 8, 2013
Uncle Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
If, as you say, some are pretending that the abuse of welfare is an epidemic, why is it that the United States is the only country in the world who has poor people that are fat, slovenly sloths? Have you ever walked into the county building and looked at who is signing up for their benefits? Let's just say these folks ain't exactly starving.
However, I will agree with you (a rarity for sure), that the current tax system is a form wealth redistribution. The ultra-rich are able to take advantage of loopholes that you and I are not able to. I would love to see a flat tax. Either a percentage of income tax, or a national sales tax. A national sales tax would be far better, because then, even the mutts sitting on porches drinking forties will have to pay sales tax on the shit they buy. Of course that would mean that crime would most likely go up, but that woudn't be a problem, because the American people will be disarmed and won't have any guns. Oh wait a minute, I forgot that the criminals won't actually give up their guns, making the rest of us victims.
I failed to respond to the "flat tax" portion of your post. The problem with a Flat Sales Tax is, most middle class people,(and mutts as you put it)spend %100 of what they earn, People in the upper earning levels do not, so not everyone would pay Tax on all their income.
Bodhi

New Hartford, NY

#97 Jan 8, 2013
Time for leeches like you to start paying your fair share. You piece of crap welfare leech.

Problem is leeches don't pay their fair share.
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>I failed to respond to the "flat tax" portion of your post. The problem with a Flat Sales Tax is, most middle class people,(and mutts as you put it)spend %100 of what they earn, People in the upper earning levels do not, so not everyone would pay Tax on all their income.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#98 Jan 9, 2013
Bodhi wrote:
Time for leeches like you to start paying your fair share. You piece of crap welfare leech.
Problem is leeches don't pay their fair share.
<quoted text>
Very helpful Mr.Idiot, thanks for your usual Brilliance.
I would respond by attacking you on a personal level, but I don't know you. I understand you have no problem making outlandish assumptions about people YOU don't know(welfare,no taxes etc.) But that only highlights you profound ignorance.
Have a nice day ;)
Bodhi is an IDIOT

Cicero, NY

#99 Jan 9, 2013
What type of sick society murders almost one million babies in less than 3 years. Leeches like bodhi support the genocide of babies in order to get their welfare check.
Bodhi is an IDIOT

Cicero, NY

#100 Jan 9, 2013
What kind of sick society allows a President t use drones and kill women and children in other countries? How sick do you have to be to support killing of innocent people.
Uncle Ted

Boston, MA

#101 Jan 10, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>Go down this list....I was wrong.....Guam is the only U.S Territory(not even a state)that comes close to $7
Average Monthly Food Stamp Benefits per Participant
United States $133.42
Alabama $127.26
Alaska $170.07
Arizona $126.53
Arkansas $121.72
California $149.05
Colorado $137.05
Connecticut $143.89
Delaware $127.36
District of Columbia $137.74
Florida $138.98
Georgia $135.90
Hawaii $213.65
Idaho $129.18
Illinois $139.45
Indiana $132.46
Iowa $121.20
Kansas $125.11
Kentucky $127.43
Louisiana $136.10
Maine $124.16
Maryland $128.46
Massachusetts $132.51
Michigan $135.84
Minnesota $115.98
Mississippi $123.76
Missouri $128.54
Montana $127.78
Nebraska $122.43
Nevada $123.35
New Hampshire $118.68
New Jersey $133.26
New Mexico $128.17
New York $147.45
North Carolina $121.37
North Dakota $128.52
Ohio $138.60
Oklahoma $128.36
Oregon $128.24
Pennsylvania $128.43
Rhode Island $139.45
South Carolina $131.38
South Dakota $132.80
Tennessee $132.20
Texas $123.95
Utah $121.75
Vermont $121.88
Virginia $128.00
Washington $126.69
West Virginia $120.23
Wisconsin $116.58
Wyoming $125.60
Guam $215.98
Puerto Rico NA
Virgin Islands $177.18
Nice attempt at making you look correct, except that you have listed the dollar amounts for a SINGLE MALE WITH NO CHILDREN. The figure for NY must have already included the raises that have been figured in, because my wife informed me that, a few years ago it was $130 a month.
There's lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#102 Jan 10, 2013
Uncle Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice attempt at making you look correct, except that you have listed the dollar amounts for a SINGLE MALE WITH NO CHILDREN. The figure for NY must have already included the raises that have been figured in, because my wife informed me that, a few years ago it was $130 a month.
There's lies, damn lies, and statistics.
These are the figures available on the web, certainly they are to be taken with a grain of salt, but isn't it also possible that your wife(who probably hated her job)embellished her story to make a point?

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#103 Jan 10, 2013
Uncle Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice attempt at making you look correct, except that you have listed the dollar amounts for a SINGLE MALE WITH NO CHILDREN. The figure for NY must have already included the raises that have been figured in, because my wife informed me that, a few years ago it was $130 a month.
There's lies, damn lies, and statistics.
That list was from The Kaieser Family Foundation, I don't believe any State could legally offer different benefits to a Man, than to a Woman.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#104 Jan 10, 2013
Uncle Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice attempt at making you look correct, except that you have listed the dollar amounts for a SINGLE MALE WITH NO CHILDREN. The figure for NY must have already included the raises that have been figured in, because my wife informed me that, a few years ago it was $130 a month.
There's lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Also, just FYI any list I could find showed quite clearly, the dollar amount per household member declined as the number of children increased(another inconvenient truth)even though folks love to blame the Reagan created "welfare queen" who keeps "popping out kids" to get more money.
Uncle Ted

Dracut, MA

#105 Jan 11, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>Also, just FYI any list I could find showed quite clearly, the dollar amount per household member declined as the number of children increased(another inconvenient truth)even though folks love to blame the Reagan created "welfare queen" who keeps "popping out kids" to get more money.
Of course the dollar amount PER member declined, but it still increased overall. And you're wrong yet again, don't believe every website you troll for information concerning which sex gets how much money per month. A single mother DOES get more than a single male.
And for the record, my wife liked her job, it just didn't pay enough, so she moved on.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#106 Jan 11, 2013
Uncle Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the dollar amount PER member declined, but it still increased overall. And you're wrong yet again, don't believe every website you troll for information concerning which sex gets how much money per month. A single mother DOES get more than a single male.
And for the record, my wife liked her job, it just didn't pay enough, so she moved on.
Bottom line, food stamps does not allow anyone to live like Royalty. The "welfare queen" meme is a myth.
wrong

Utica, NY

#107 Jan 11, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>Bottom line, food stamps does not allow anyone to live like Royalty. The "welfare queen" meme is a myth.
But food stamps are not the only taxpayer funded entitlement available. There are housing subsidies, medicaid, ssi, heap, and on and on........

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#108 Jan 14, 2013
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
But food stamps are not the only taxpayer funded entitlement available. There are housing subsidies, medicaid, ssi, heap, and on and on........
And we are responsible for this Country's acceptance of the reality that so many of our Brothers and Sisters earn so little that they can't afford to live without these programs.
Rather than blaming the victims of the obscene levels of income inequality we should be fighting for living wage jobs. Middle class wages have been stagnant for 30 years. The minimum wage has not tracked inflation or cost of living increases. So it is only natural now that we are in a deep recession, increasing numbers of people require assistance.
But we needn't worry about Huge Corporations or CEO's, their profits have steadily risen tracking rising productivity, the wages of workers in this country tracked productivity for almost 200 years, until the 1980's.......not anymore.
Uncle Ted

Dracut, MA

#109 Jan 15, 2013
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>And we are responsible for this Country's acceptance of the reality that so many of our Brothers and Sisters earn so little that they can't afford to live without these programs.
Rather than blaming the victims of the obscene levels of income inequality we should be fighting for living wage jobs. Middle class wages have been stagnant for 30 years. The minimum wage has not tracked inflation or cost of living increases. So it is only natural now that we are in a deep recession, increasing numbers of people require assistance.
But we needn't worry about Huge Corporations or CEO's, their profits have steadily risen tracking rising productivity, the wages of workers in this country tracked productivity for almost 200 years, until the 1980's.......not anymore.
It pains me to say this...but I actually agree 100% with you on this!
wrong

Melrose, MA

#110 Jan 15, 2013
Uncle Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
It pains me to say this...but I actually agree 100% with you on this!
OMG. Me too. Dammit. But not completely. I think that each person, no matter how downtrodden, has some measure of personal responsibility for their own situation. But if you want to talk about how the poor are almost kept in their miserable situation by the very system they depend on...what better reason is there to change it? Bodhi...by your own admission,(partly anyway) liberal entitlement programs are the reason for the problem. Yes yes...corporate greed as well. I know. But you have to admit, capitalism is the lesser of the evils.
ben gleck

West Hartford, CT

#111 Feb 5, 2013
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. Me too. Dammit. But not completely. I think that each person, no matter how downtrodden, has some measure of personal responsibility for their own situation. But if you want to talk about how the poor are almost kept in their miserable situation by the very system they depend on...what better reason is there to change it? Bodhi...by your own admission,(partly anyway) liberal entitlement programs are the reason for the problem. Yes yes...corporate greed as well. I know. But you have to admit, capitalism is the lesser of the evils.
Leave my boody alone!!
Ben Gleck

New Hartford, NY

#113 Feb 5, 2013
Society is great, more pople are poverty stricken like me.
Bodhisatva

Utica, NY

#114 May 25, 2013
I think we need to do away with all entitlement programs. Period!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bonamassa on Fallon tonighr 8 min Gaggy 8
Utica Is a Great Place to Find a Job! 28 min i still cu 48
Forbes Ranks Utica-Rome Metro Area 31 min take trash out 53
Forbes Magazine: Utica is 'Worst place to do bu... (May '10) 41 min i still cu 57
lapolla thinks a mayor run (Jan '15) 44 min Humble taxpayer 62
News Hotel Utica avoids foreclosure with new tax pay... (Oct '10) 49 min I C U Most Bestest 17
paul your kid isnt good at sports 1 hr stoptheshowcasing 1
ucsd 3 hr well 23
Ironic Nano news announced before elections 5 hr huntz hall 93
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages