How do we put a stop to the refugees?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NoMoreRefugees

Utica, NY

#1 May 9, 2013
When is enough, enough? It's been years now that Utica has been the Refugee Center of the Country while maintaining the title as the Welfare County of the World at the same time. When and how can it stop? What must be done to take this MAJOR burden off of the City of Utica and Oneida County? How long with the residents have to foot the bill for these people that have not put their blood, sweat, and tears into this Country from generation to generation as many of us did to get where we are today? I'm not even opposed to stopping the help given to the refugees, it just needs to stop in this area. Allow them to immigrate elsewhere. Why must this area continue to suffer? How does a City or County ever get themselves out of the hole when the only people moving in are guaranteed to be on some form of assistance? We just continue to place families of refugees in homes with vehicles that the working citizen has to bust their behind to get. How long does the welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, and numerous other expenses have to come at the working residents expense in taxes? And not see any upside whatsoever? This area has suffered enough, and the reason for it is the nonstop influx of refugees and the welfare that comes along with it. It's bad enough with our current welfare problem and the constant fraud that is allowed for our own citizens that we now must deal with refugees taking advantage of a system they didn't put anything into.

IT NEEDS TO STOP!

HOW CAN WE STOP IT?
NoMoreRefugees

Utica, NY

#2 May 9, 2013
And I don't care what this area was built on or around a hundred years ago. I'm talking about now. Things do need to change. The immigrants that came here 50-100 years ago came to work and did so without handouts. The refugees we bring in are not willing to do a thing besides live off of and scam the system. Big difference. If we need to continue bringing these refugees in then place that burden on another city. I don't understand how and why Utica continues to be that place, even in it's awful financial situation.
one answer

Utica, NY

#3 May 9, 2013
Start electing Republican officials. Democrats are the welfare party.
Wow

Camillus, NY

#4 May 9, 2013
This guy who started this post could not have put it any better. Bit to bad no one will listen this country is getting taken over and the white man is just letting it happen without a fight. Believe me these blacks ricans and refugees mean business they are not gonna play by the rules

Level 7

Since: Apr 13

Utica, NY

#6 May 9, 2013
Poor Marty, he wants his Mama.
knows the facts

Utica, NY

#7 May 9, 2013
The USA of following the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire!!!! This was predicted by my History Teacher back in 1954 when the economy was booming and people had morals and values. The majority of us, being know it all teenagers, laughed at her as we thought it was impossible.

Now, with todays' decaying morals, corrupt politicians, high taxes, and greedy politicians and Wall Street financial companies, I'm beginning to see much more smarter than I was back in 1954.

The Middle Class of this Country is diminishing from the high cost of living with no tax breaks. By the time a middle class worker brings home his net pay MINUS taxes, cost of Health Insurance, etc., he is faced with the fact that his neighbor living off the Social Service Welfare benefits (Section 8, Food Stamps, Medicaid coverage which is cost free, etc.) is living much more comfortably than he is.

Enough is enough! These refugees come over to this City and put in FREE housing which is better than anything they ever had in their former lives. Then they are given FREE food, Wick for all the babies they keep having, and they make no attempt to work and "pay back" all that the USA has given to them.

I was in Walmart the other day and two refuges were trying to go thru a Register with their WICK items. The Cashier was trying to tell them they were NOT complying with the items WICK allowed and they would have to go back and get the correct items before the Cashier could cash them out. The women could not understand what she was saying and the Cashier could not communicate with them on their level.

The Cashier had to close her Register, hold up the line of people standing in line with full baskets waiting, and go back to each aisle to exchange all the items needed for WICK's criteria. Then, she had to come back to her Register, and FINALLY cash these women out. This all took OVER 1/2 hour.

These refugees are fully aware of everything that is "owed" to them BUT make no attempt to comply with AMERICAN society or earning their own living.

The exception to all of this are the Bosians who are examples of what refugees should be doing to "pay back" the Country that has given them a safe haven to rebuild their lives which the majority of them have done.

ALL of our Welfare Programs have gone too far. NO ONE should have all the comforts and food that hard working people have to work 40 to 60 hours a week to obtain for their families.
goomba

Syracuse, NY

#8 May 9, 2013
knows the facts wrote:
The USA of following the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire!!!! This was predicted by my History Teacher back in 1954 when the economy was booming and people had morals and values. The majority of us, being know it all teenagers, laughed at her as we thought it was impossible.
Now, with todays' decaying morals, corrupt politicians, high taxes, and greedy politicians and Wall Street financial companies, I'm beginning to see much more smarter than I was back in 1954.
The Middle Class of this Country is diminishing from the high cost of living with no tax breaks. By the time a middle class worker brings home his net pay MINUS taxes, cost of Health Insurance, etc., he is faced with the fact that his neighbor living off the Social Service Welfare benefits (Section 8, Food Stamps, Medicaid coverage which is cost free, etc.) is living much more comfortably than he is.
Enough is enough! These refugees come over to this City and put in FREE housing which is better than anything they ever had in their former lives. Then they are given FREE food, Wick for all the babies they keep having, and they make no attempt to work and "pay back" all that the USA has given to them.
I was in Walmart the other day and two refuges were trying to go thru a Register with their WICK items. The Cashier was trying to tell them they were NOT complying with the items WICK allowed and they would have to go back and get the correct items before the Cashier could cash them out. The women could not understand what she was saying and the Cashier could not communicate with them on their level.
The Cashier had to close her Register, hold up the line of people standing in line with full baskets waiting, and go back to each aisle to exchange all the items needed for WICK's criteria. Then, she had to come back to her Register, and FINALLY cash these women out. This all took OVER 1/2 hour.
These refugees are fully aware of everything that is "owed" to them BUT make no attempt to comply with AMERICAN society or earning their own living.
The exception to all of this are the Bosians who are examples of what refugees should be doing to "pay back" the Country that has given them a safe haven to rebuild their lives which the majority of them have done.
ALL of our Welfare Programs have gone too far. NO ONE should have all the comforts and food that hard working people have to work 40 to 60 hours a week to obtain for their families.
The Bosnians get free handouts when they first arrive here too !
Bob is busy

New Hartford, NY

#9 May 10, 2013
goomba wrote:
<quoted text>The Bosnians get free handouts when they first arrive here too !
They all do and it all needs to end. Some took advantage and became outstanding American citizens looking to better themselves. But the scammers far outweighed them and now we got the situation we're currently in. We cannot take care of our own citizens as it is so why bring in more people with no chance of adapting to the American lifestyle until they're family has cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars? Especially bringing them to Utica! All just to maintain the title of being a city?

It's disgraceful and a threat to the citizens.
one who knows

Utica, NY

#11 May 10, 2013
The entire Welfare system needs to be overhauled!!!

Do away with Food Stamps and replace them with FOOD vouchers (no soda, chips,beer,cigarettes,candy, etc.)

No cash (let them work if they need cash)

All rent payments go directly to the Landlord.

Drug Test ALL who apply for Welfare and those currently on Welfare, test them every 3 months. If they don't pass the drug test - kick them off from Welfare.

It is called Tough Love and you see how many of them will start working for a change!
EnoughIsEnough

Windsor, CT

#12 May 13, 2013
one who knows wrote:
The entire Welfare system needs to be overhauled!!!
Do away with Food Stamps and replace them with FOOD vouchers (no soda, chips,beer,cigarettes,candy, etc.)
No cash (let them work if they need cash)
All rent payments go directly to the Landlord.
Drug Test for Welfare and those currently on Welfare, test them every 3 months. If they don't pass the drug test - kick them off from Welfare.
It is called Tough Love and you see how many of them will start working for a change!
The problem is that we've given these people a sense of entitlement and they've come to expect all these handouts. We don't make anybody do anything more than fill out some paperwork, and they find a reason to even complain about that.

We go above and beyond to cater to people that do not benefit the area whatsoever nor plan on ever giving back.

The medicaid gets abused by constant trips to the ER because nobody knows how medicaid actually works. The food stamps get sold or traded for whatever they can get their hands on. They put a family of 20 in a 2 family house, and then give benefits to all 20 refugees. What's even the procedure for these refugees obtaining a drivers license? It seems as if they're just given to them. To think if these people can't read, write, or work but they can operate a vehicle and understand American/NY traffic laws. But the minute they get pulled over for 13 people being packed into a Toyota Corolla they don't understand. Let us not forget the consumer that has to sit in line behind one of these families with their 2 shopping carts full of food it would take them 3 years in their old Country to obtain. It's a disgrace.

We need welfare reform in Oneida County and the refugees need to stop infesting Utica. Move the refugee center out of Utica. Enough is enough!
U should move

United States

#13 May 13, 2013
You should just move, yes enough is enough. Thenm again you seem best suited as an ignorant racist upstate new your whiner.

Stay there please.
EnoughIsEnough

Windsor, CT

#14 May 13, 2013
U should move wrote:
You should just move, yes enough is enough. Thenm again you seem best suited as an ignorant racist upstate new your whiner.
Stay there please.
And you sound like one of the scumbags here for the welfare party that'll be moving out of the area once your family is released from prison and/or your welfare stops.

We can't provide for our own, so taking on refugees and providing everything for them is a good idea for a city that's been dead for almost 2 decades? I think not. Time to end the BS. Bringing in groups of refugees to an area with nothing to offer is going to create a warzone in the future and has broken the city down even more than it are was. We're focused more on placing our welfare recipients and sex offenders in homes here rather than trying to build and attract the working class. But then again who is going to move into a dead city that uses every bit of funding to take care of the poor and unwilling or the public safety that spends all their time dealing with welfare recipients? Double-edged sword right there. Check your police blotter and see that 85% of the people arrested are on welfare.

So it's pretty simple to me. Cut out the welfare and influx of refugees that live off this welfare and the city does a 180. Crime lowers, education improves, property value increases and businesses move in.
one who knows

Utica, NY

#15 May 13, 2013
I totally agree with the above poster. However, when you confront Ms Soldato, the Commissioner of Oneida County's Social Services, about all the benefits that Welfare provides to the sex offenders and the refugees that are flooding our city, she simply uses the cop-out "We are only complying with what the State of New York tells us to do"!!!!!!

Bottom line - the City of Utica blames the County - the County blames New York State - NYS blames the Federal Government!!!!!!!

This is what ALL our politicians have done to the honest hard working law abiding citizen that originally built our Country as the best in the World.

NOW - the world is watching on how our politicians are destroying us internally!!!

Any ideas on how to stop this?
wrong loser try again

United States

#16 May 13, 2013
EnoughIsEnough wrote:
<quoted text>
And you sound like one of the scumbags here for the welfare party that'll be moving out of the area once your family is released from prison and/or your welfare stops.
We can't provide for our own, so taking on refugees and providing everything for them is a good idea for a city that's been dead for almost 2 decades? I think not. Time to end the BS. Bringing in groups of refugees to an area with nothing to offer is going to create a warzone in the future and has broken the city down even more than it are was. We're focused more on placing our welfare recipients and sex offenders in homes here rather than trying to build and attract the working class. But then again who is going to move into a dead city that uses every bit of funding to take care of the poor and unwilling or the public safety that spends all their time dealing with welfare recipients? Double-edged sword right there. Check your police blotter and see that 85% of the people arrested are on welfare.
So it's pretty simple to me. Cut out the welfare and influx of refugees that live off this welfare and the city does a 180. Crime lowers, education improves, property value increases and businesses move in.
Why are CNY people so unsophisticated?

It truly is all they know. I would really like to see them in a negotiation process.

Outsider " I think it's only worth 1.1 million"

Typical utican " well you're a loser and your fat wh ore mother is on welfare so go give a rim job to another black you homo".
Hey Joan

United States

#17 May 13, 2013
one who knows wrote:
I totally agree with the above poster. However, when you confront Ms Soldato, the Commissioner of Oneida County's Social Services, about all the benefits that Welfare provides to the sex offenders and the refugees that are flooding our city, she simply uses the cop-out "We are only complying with what the State of New York tells us to do"!!!!!!
Bottom line - the City of Utica blames the County - the County blames New York State - NYS blames the Federal Government!!!!!!!
This is what ALL our politicians have done to the honest hard working law abiding citizen that originally built our Country as the best in the World.
NOW - the world is watching on how our politicians are destroying us internally!!!
Joan Murphy your parasite public dirt collects money 65% of the taxes welfare is 5% get your shit straight. Maybe the way stop all this is to stop you. You're racist oootican trash. Typical scum upstate inbreed infant grasp on priorities. Once again Joan Murphy the lazy wife of a uterus ny cop is shooting her double barrel cvvnt off at people to make herself feel better. Call me when your son gets his masters and produces something utica hag.
Really

Utica, NY

#19 May 13, 2013
one answer wrote:
Take a look around at the party that holds local public office.
sure

Utica, NY

#20 May 13, 2013
one who knows wrote:
anarchy
tokoo

New Hartford, NY

#21 May 13, 2013
NoMoreRefugees wrote:
When is enough, enough? It's been years now that Utica has been the Refugee Center of the Country while maintaining the title as the Welfare County of the World at the same time. When and how can it stop? What must be done to take this MAJOR burden off of the City of Utica and Oneida County? How long with the residents have to foot the bill for these people that have not put their blood, sweat, and tears into this Country from generation to generation as many of us did to get where we are today? I'm not even opposed to stopping the help given to the refugees, it just needs to stop in this area. Allow them to immigrate elsewhere. Why must this area continue to suffer? How does a City or County ever get themselves out of the hole when the only people moving in are guaranteed to be on some form of assistance? We just continue to place families of refugees in homes with vehicles that the working citizen has to bust their behind to get. How long does the welfare, food stamps, housing assistance, and numerous other expenses have to come at the working residents expense in taxes? And not see any upside whatsoever? This area has suffered enough, and the reason for it is the nonstop influx of

refugees and the welfare that comes along with it. It's bad enough with our current welfare problem and the constant fraud that is allowed for our own citizens that we now must deal with refugees taking advantage of a system they didn't put anything into.

IT NEEDS TO STOP!
HOW CAN WE STOP IT?
You and your friends need to write to U.S. Dept of Immigration. Deal with the facts in a straight forward letter. Include photos. INclude stats on the overcrowding in the School District. Include tax increases and how much of it goes for ESL. Include testimony from taxpayers and parents on how the never ending influx has hurt their existence. Most of this stuff can be gotten on line. Stats are a public right to know. Keep writing, keep pushing--someone will listen, I promise. Contact your local congressman, send copies of your letters to him as well. You do have the power to stop it. It just takes a little determination.
lanceman

Irvine, CA

#22 Jun 29, 2013
one answer wrote:
Many of these refugees come from areas where the US has intervened militarily - Somalia, Bosnia, Vietnam, Iraq and now Syria. Republicans have often FAVORED the interventions, especially since the 1990's. It's time to realize that the Dems and GOP are tag-teaming us. A good source of info on refugee resettlement is:

http://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com...
Republican

United States

#23 Jun 29, 2013
They should stay in their own countries! America is for Americans not a bunch of foreigners!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nano trouble 5 min Sam Mineo 14
NanoNovember is almost here!!!!! YEAH!!!! 9 min Comets Welfare Stars 11
Indoor Junk Yards an Enviromental hazard and-WH... (Feb '10) 19 min JunkYardLover 20
Utica teachers to Kids: Drop Dead 27 min robster 2
UCSD rejects 4 million dollars 32 min robster 3
Judge Julia Brouillette in Family Court (Nov '12) 36 min Change Starts at ... 17
Rat Picente endorses Cuomo in TV ads 56 min John 43
Proctor football should be ashamed. 1 hr Given up 28
David Inserra 1 hr Dreezy 28
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 2 hr Drugs are all ove... 18
School Principals 16 hr Ray 8
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica Jobs

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica