Bbo

New York, NY

#49 Mar 29, 2013
American Women wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me say I love New York and I am highly educated!!! I have a great job and work very hard to make a living... I deal with many people from all walks of life everyday!!! Having said that... With the way society is going... I would prefer the backwoods of anywhere over mainstream society!!! WHEN we take god and laws out of things we are all doomed to Chios!!! We live a certain way because of laws, rules, god... Etc... Remove one or all and well we will probably be safer in the backwoods somewhere!!!
God created gays. You enjoy their talents from Broadway to Television to any CD you've ever bought. They are over-represented in every key profession including medicine, technology, and the arts. You wish to enjoy the fruits of their labor and the talents given to them by the divine power that you worship; however, you wish for their repression and your free expression. You have the wrong concept of religion, it seems. Them getting married doesn't cause societal breakdown or chaos. It ends a long history of hate, marginalization, and undue oppression......none of these are christian values......at least with my God.
UGH

Rome, NY

#50 Mar 29, 2013
Bbo,

You are obviously a better person than am I. Fine with me. They can do whatever they want to behind closed doors, but they can stop advertising and demanding rights. Look at the kid in Mohawk School who had a right to be gay and spent his time botherig the straight kids as he wanted attention. Then when he got what he had coming to him the straight kids were the bad guys. Made me feel better to know that at least the younger people in his school were not quite so nice as to ignore the fact that he was freak!!!! Maybe there is still hope..........
youre a scumbag

Herkimer, NY

#51 Mar 29, 2013
UGH wrote:
Bbo,
You are obviously a better person than am I. Fine with me. They can do whatever they want to behind closed doors, but they can stop advertising and demanding rights. Look at the kid in Mohawk School who had a right to be gay and spent his time botherig the straight kids as he wanted attention. Then when he got what he had coming to him the straight kids were the bad guys. Made me feel better to know that at least the younger people in his school were not quite so nice as to ignore the fact that he was freak!!!! Maybe there is still hope..........
got what he had coming to him? He was the one being bullied not the other way around. Get a clue. Someone threatened him with a knife in the school. You think that is appropriate? Good God lets hope you never have children.
kill a fa g

Syracuse, NY

#52 Mar 29, 2013
kill yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
does not matter what you believe in. If you are not gay, then it is of no consequence to you if it is called a marriage or a civil union.
Besides, a troll like you could never find anyone who would be married to them anyway. So, moot point!
You're the abomination of life freak, you should.

The new strain of Aids, there is hope.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#53 Mar 29, 2013
Bbo wrote:
<quoted text>
God created gays. You enjoy their talents from Broadway to Television to any CD you've ever bought. They are over-represented in every key profession including medicine, technology, and the arts. You wish to enjoy the fruits of their labor and the talents given to them by the divine power that you worship; however, you wish for their repression and your free expression. You have the wrong concept of religion, it seems. Them getting married doesn't cause societal breakdown or chaos. It ends a long history of hate, marginalization, and undue oppression......none of these are christian values......at least with my God.
How the hell do you know what your god thinks?
Bbo

New York, NY

#54 Mar 29, 2013
KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text>How the hell do you know what your god thinks?
He told me so....how's that.
Thank you

Watertown, NY

#55 Mar 30, 2013
American Women - your posts (even though I disagree with them) are well thought out and expressed! They should serve as an example for the other posters on how to express opinions and not just be rude and crude to each other as most are. Thank you!
hank hill

Somerville, MA

#56 Mar 30, 2013
Its legal in ny, so why argue about it?
Bbo

New York, NY

#57 Mar 30, 2013
Thank you wrote:
American Women - your posts (even though I disagree with them) are well thought out and expressed! They should serve as an example for the other posters on how to express opinions and not just be rude and crude to each other as most are. Thank you!
Most American women recognize that there is a 1 in 10 chance their child, or their child's child will be gay....a fact. And for the most part, women have been the enlightened gender on this topic based on their intellect, human heart, and motherly instinct (that says, what it if were my son or daughter). The posts here are not well thought out and expressed but rather demonstrate small town ignorance, intolerance, and likely some real life hangup (i.e., dropped by a gay boyfriend) that has left them bitter and dejected. This is the 21st century in a state that has already legalized this. Embrace it and move on.
ALICIA BANKS

Little Rock, AR

#58 Mar 30, 2013
never fret over gays

fret over droves of het divorces and bastard kids turbo bred by hets

fyi

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732464265/same-s...

Level 9

Location hidden

#59 Mar 30, 2013
Bbo wrote:
<quoted text>
He told me so....how's that.
Really? You must be special...
Bbo

New York, NY

#60 Mar 30, 2013
KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You must be special...
How else am I to answer such a question especially after reading several of your posts on other boards.
Double Phister

Utica, NY

#61 Mar 30, 2013
Arlene and Rebecca sitting in a tree, carpet m-u-n-ch-i-n-g! LOL!!

Level 9

Location hidden

#63 Mar 30, 2013
Bbo wrote:
<quoted text>
How else am I to answer such a question especially after reading several of your posts on other boards.
I'm not exactly sure how to take your claims,either... I usually afford respect to those that deserve it.
youre a scumbag

Herkimer, NY

#64 Mar 30, 2013
Bbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most American women recognize that there is a 1 in 10 chance their child, or their child's child will be gay....a fact. And for the most part, women have been the enlightened gender on this topic based on their intellect, human heart, and motherly instinct (that says, what it if were my son or daughter). The posts here are not well thought out and expressed but rather demonstrate small town ignorance, intolerance, and likely some real life hangup (i.e., dropped by a gay boyfriend) that has left them bitter and dejected. This is the 21st century in a state that has already legalized this. Embrace it and move on.
except there is no scientific evidence to even remotely call that as factual at all. Please, enlighten us on this "fact" of a 1 in 10 chance of a woman giving birth to a gay child. Can't wait to see how you provide the basis for your "fact".

Speaking of posts not well thought out. The shoe fits you well, as illustrated by your very ignorant post.
Bbo

New York, NY

#65 Mar 31, 2013
youre a scumbag wrote:
<quoted text>
except there is no scientific evidence to even remotely call that as factual at all. Please, enlighten us on this "fact" of a 1 in 10 chance of a woman giving birth to a gay child. Can't wait to see how you provide the basis for your "fact".
Speaking of posts not well thought out. The shoe fits you well, as illustrated by your very ignorant post.
Ignorant post or are you launching a personal attack on me? Remember, you're not entitled to relegate anyone to the back of the bus.

1. Look around....to those you can see....and those you can't. What do you think the number is?
2. Studies have been around for decades with varying numbers but 1 in 10 is about in the middle of them...what rock have you been hiding under? Here are several studies:

http://www.kinseyinstitute.org/resources/bib-...

To all the high and mighty here, when it is your child, you will finally get it. Until then, hold on to and continue to be imprisoned by your intolerance and intent to hurt other people's children. Meanwhile, there are NO 'colored fountains' in NY and they don't need your permission to exist and enjoy a full, integrated life, just as you don't need theirs. Remember that.

Level 9

Location hidden

#66 Mar 31, 2013
Bbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant post or are you launching a personal attack on me? Remember, you're not entitled to relegate anyone to the back of the bus.
1. Look around....to those you can see....and those you can't. What do you think the number is?
2. Studies have been around for decades with varying numbers but 1 in 10 is about in the middle of them...what rock have you been hiding under? Here are several studies:
To all the high and mighty here, when it is your child, you will finally get it. Until then, hold on to and continue to be imprisoned by your intolerance and intent to hurt other people's children. Meanwhile, there are NO 'colored fountains' in NY and they don't need your permission to exist and enjoy a full, integrated life, just as you don't need theirs. Remember that.
Are you saying that people HAVE TO accept homosexuals? That is like forcing someone to accept religion,whether they believe or not. Homosexuality is not normal,I don't care what you say. I find it disgusting.
wrong

Herkimer, NY

#67 Mar 31, 2013
Bbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are several studies:
perhaps you should have read the opening disclaimer on that page:

"This summary sheet is not intended to be a comparative analysis or recommendation of the studies referenced. Its purpose is to respond to inquiries received by the Institute by indicating the range of findings in the research literature, beginning with Alfred Kinsey's two studies, often referred to together as the Kinsey Reports."

Further, you should have taken notice to how outdated this information is, citing studies from 1948 and 1953.

DOMA will eventually be struck down on the federal level and the Federal Government will have to recognize same sex marriages in states where it has been passed.

Unless there is some serious movement by SCOTUS, I don't know if they are going to move to force all states to allow same sex marriage. There is still the remaining argument about states' rights. I knew the proponents would be citing the Loving v Virginia case regarding interracial marriage as a firm basis of case law history as a key in the fight for same sex marriage.

But I believe the rights of the individuals in the minority of homosexuals are being hindered by the majority heterosexuals that wish to deny them equal status. Not all heterosexuals feel this way and I was very glad when NYS approved the marriage equality legislation nearly 2 years ago now.
wrong

Herkimer, NY

#68 Mar 31, 2013
KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text> Are you saying that people HAVE TO accept homosexuals? That is like forcing someone to accept religion,whether they believe or not. Homosexuality is not normal,I don't care what you say. I find it disgusting.
Not normal? Don't be so sure. There are many examples of homosexual behaviors among many animal species around the world. Maybe it is not normal for you but that does not mean it is not normal for others.

Also, nobody stated anyone should be forced to accept homosexuality. Hardly. You're trying to draw conclusions that just aren't there.
Joe Average US Citizen

Sutton, MA

#69 Mar 31, 2013
Just read thru all these posts. Most all, have valid points in there opinions. Some are just out there ! I dont see why gay couples can't enjoy the same benefits as a hetero couple do. I dont believe that most people would deny that. I think the difficulty in accepting "gay marriage" is that they want to call it marriage. Many people including myself, hold to the age old definition, marriage= 1 man + 1 woman. If they would call it something else, i believe the country would all settle down over this issue and get back to buisiness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jill WKTV 9 min Witter 50
pizza Hut north Genesee street 42 min blah blah former ... 4
Anyone know how to contact Hal stanton?? 1 hr Searching 6
Rashy has been sacrificed for the public good 1 hr Oh Well 2
ND Warmack suspended for grades but....... 2 hr local 23
Missing U Even More 2 hr Pruvit 9
Time Warner Charging For Your Computer Modem! (Oct '12) 3 hr ques 43
Serious car accident in Utica 9 hr wow 21
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 17 hr Little Johnny 380
utica national (Jun '13) Fri Eieama Lyon 656
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:20 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:20PM
NY Giants Twitter Mailbag
NBC Sports 6:23 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul: "I think I am worth a lot of money" in free agency
CBS Sports 8:20 AM
Report: Rex Ryan cleans out his office, expects to be fired by Jets
ESPN 8:56 AM
Sources: Ryan expects to be fired by Jets
NFL 9:05 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul: 'I think I'm worth a lot of money'
Bleacher Report 9:24 AM
Report: Jets HC Ryan 'Bracing for His Ouster'
Yahoo! Sports 3:39 PM
Bills' Dareus, Gilmore to miss finale
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?
NBC Sports 6:17 PM
Polian could return to Buffalo and still get to Canton in 2015
Bleacher Report 8:23 PM
RB Darkwa the Latest Giants Rookie to Shine