Mary

Camillus, NY

#28 Mar 27, 2013
Perfect response! Thank you! I agree 100%. What's next? I want to marry my dog, my cat, the little boy or girl next door? Where does it end?
American Women wrote:
Part of marriage is benefits, weather it's health ins, death benefits, social security etc... If we extend this option, everyone will loose!!! Married couples are entitled to certain benefits, tax deductions, spousal benefits!!! If we open this to up soon there will be no benefits for anyone!!! It will become more expensive and too costly!!! Marriage is defined as a union between a man and a woman who in most cases can reproduce and keep the world going... Two guys and/ or two women can not reproduce!!!! Also if we accept homosexuality, why should we not accept sex with animals, or what about multiple spouses??? Where do we draw the line and who should decide??? Every one should be happy!!! Come on people wake up, where will the line be drawn???
Mary

Camillus, NY

#29 Mar 27, 2013
I would move right away; although you won't be able to sell it to anyone when they see what lives next door!
mom wrote:
Since gay marriage became legal in New York state a married male gay couple moved in next door to us. They have a rainbow flag over their front door and they kiss each other in the driveway every morning in front of our kids who are waiting for the school bus. Our kids are starting to ask questions like "why do those two men live together?" My younger son calls them Burt and Ernie and I already think his perception of the family dynamic is forever changed. My husband and I don't like it, but what can we do? We just have to grin and bear it and try to raise our kids according to our beliefs and values. Am I offended by the gay couple next door? Absolutely. Do I think gay marriage should be legal? Absolutely not. But the times are changing and sometimes you just have to accept the changes and keep living your life.
Bbo

New York, NY

#30 Mar 27, 2013
Utica please get an education and lift your hearts.....you are part of New York.....not the backwoods of Kentucky......get over it.
Sheila

Camillus, NY

#31 Mar 27, 2013
My Mother just lost her job can I marry my Mother so she can have benefits. Oh, and my nephew can't find a job after 6 years of college, can I marry him so he can have benefits? Oh, and my dog is very sick and the vet bills are unbelieveable. Can I marry my dog so he can have benefits?
huh

Utica, NY

#32 Mar 27, 2013
Ignorant people!! Just live and let live. What happens if one of those gay people are a firefighter or a nurse or a teacher or a tow truck driver? What if when they came to your rescue one day? Are you going to turn them away? Get real people and get over yourselves!
For it

Danielson, CT

#33 Mar 27, 2013
American Women wrote:
I am sure you think I am a dinasour however, yes the marriage equality act is based on people's happiness and rights, but regulated by whom? If marriage is opened to one group it will have to be opened to every group... Right now marriage is regulated to one man and one woman ( the definition in Websters dictionary). We have laws as to what we can do and what we can not do in a marriage, who can marry and at what age... If we allow one group (any group) we better allow all groups... After all poligimists deserve to be happy, parents who want to marry children deserve to be happy... Brothers, sisters and cousins who fall in love deserve to be happy... And yes pal, even animals... People leave estates to animals why not marry one... I'm sure someone in today's society will try to do it!!! I agree with you on welfare but that is a separate issue!!! So my question is when we change marriage and I believe we will, who regulates it, who decides what's right and what's wrong!!! Take god and laws out of everything and watch us self destruct!!!
We regulate it, you and I and all the other voters. I can see your point about where will it end, but even as screwed up as our government is right now I still respect the process. Which means making my opinion known, casting my vote for people who hopefully represent that opinion and then abiding by the laws approved by the majority. I have to have some faith that the majority will not allow me to marry my cat. It's either that or move to another country.
Cole muffler

New York, NY

#34 Mar 27, 2013
Mary wrote:
Perfect response! Thank you! I agree 100%. What's next? I want to marry my dog, my cat, the little boy or girl next door? Where does it end?
<quoted text>
yup, I'm going to marry my backyard mechanic so he can be on my health plan. Maybe now he will do all of my work for free! And that old dyke out in Cali needs to pay the taxes on the money she inherited. Stop trying to legislate your way out of paying taxes.
American Women

Syracuse, NY

#36 Mar 28, 2013
The sad part is I have a heart... We all have hearts!!! But that's not where it's at!!! I understand that's the argument, everyone deserves happiness, or the RIGHT to be happy or in love... But my heart does say some love is wrong and unhealthy!!! Some love is disrespectful and disgusting!!! My point is if we Change the tearms of marriage for one specific group any group we have to allow it for every group!!! Who will say enough is enough... Who's to say we went to far and what is to far? Believe it or not, I am open to changes, if they are good for ALL mankind! I read a post earlier where someone said marriage is a joke today anyway... Why, because people were tought to take the easy way out, however, I do not believe all marriages are jokes!!! Some people take their vows seriously! Passing new laws will make jokes out of people's marriages and no one will be taken seriously! You tell me to get over myself... Come on are you serious? I was tought to treat everyone respectfully, no matter how you live or what your personal beliefs are and I would never turn anyone away for any reason... I believe in helping my neighbors of all walks of life however, I also believe some things are right and some things are taboo!!! This will open many doors that are taboo! We will loose the sanctity of marriage and it will truly become a joke!!! We need to focus on teaching our children values and morals and stop exposing them to all this craziness! And as for the lady who lives next door to a couple who likes public displays, come on people!!! Nobody wants to see a man and a women in public!!! Keep your effection private. This couple obviously have something to prove and they do not seem to be secure in their relationship so they are looking for public approval, just going about it in the wrong way! So sorry children are exposed to this insensitive behavior!!!
Bbo

New York, NY

#37 Mar 28, 2013
Sheila wrote:
My Mother just lost her job can I marry my Mother so she can have benefits. Oh, and my nephew can't find a job after 6 years of college, can I marry him so he can have benefits? Oh, and my dog is very sick and the vet bills are unbelieveable. Can I marry my dog so he can have benefits?
Sheila, you must have been stiffed by a gay boyfriend....move on honey and don't hold your hatred and judgment. Sorry for you.
Bbo

New York, NY

#38 Mar 28, 2013
What Utica needs now: Education, Education Education, Education, Education, Education....can't believe some of the stuff I read on here....no wonder this area can't move forward.
Nooooooo

Rome, NY

#39 Mar 28, 2013
American Women wrote:
The sad part is I have a heart... We all have hearts!!! But that's not where it's at!!! I understand that's the argument, everyone deserves happiness, or the RIGHT to be happy or in love... But my heart does say some love is wrong and unhealthy!!! Some love is disrespectful and disgusting!!! My point is if we Change the tearms of marriage for one specific group any group we have to allow it for every group!!! Who will say enough is enough... Who's to say we went to far and what is to far? Believe it or not, I am open to changes, if they are good for ALL mankind! I read a post earlier where someone said marriage is a joke today anyway... Why, because people were tought to take the easy way out, however, I do not believe all marriages are jokes!!! Some people take their vows seriously! Passing new laws will make jokes out of people's marriages and no one will be taken seriously! You tell me to get over myself... Come on are you serious? I was tought to treat everyone respectfully, no matter how you live or what your personal beliefs are and I would never turn anyone away for any reason... I believe in helping my neighbors of all walks of life however, I also believe some things are right and some things are taboo!!! This will open many doors that are taboo! We will loose the sanctity of marriage and it will truly become a joke!!! We need to focus on teaching our children values and morals and stop exposing them to all this craziness! And as for the lady who lives next door to a couple who likes public displays, come on people!!! Nobody wants to see a man and a women in public!!! Keep your effection private. This couple obviously have something to prove and they do not seem to be secure in their relationship so they are looking for public approval, just going about it in the wrong way! So sorry children are exposed to this insensitive behavior!!!
I so agree.

But I have to ask this..........People can accept gay people etc.....But if you had a preference when your children were born would you choose that they be gay or straight?? Sorry, but I think if people were honest they would want their children to be straight. That is why I think the people who post live and let live and pro gay marriage etc, are just a bunch of hypocrites. I do know one woman who I think is glad her son is gay as she has convinced her husband over the course of time that his family is very close minded, so she does not have to see his family on holidays, as they always have the son and his "friends" arriving. That way she is in control of everything which she likes. She thinks only selected individuals in her husband's family know about the son being gay but in reality every member of her husband's family is well aware of it. The husband is always supporting his son, however as he does not want his family to know that his son is gay, he shoves his son in the closet!!!! And the husband claims to have accepted it. Pathetic as if he accepted it there would be no hiding it from his family. Meanwhile the son lives with his significant other but it is all kept secret. And they have made it clear to the son that the father's family is closed minded so they are not to know. Oh might I add that the father cut any gays that he knew in his past out of his life..that is until he "accepted" that his son was gay. Born again??? I don't think so. Not if you hide the realities of your son from your family. And she, the Mother, so enjoys this.....
Nooooooo

Rome, NY

#40 Mar 28, 2013
Also said Mother likes her son being gay as there will never be another woman in his life more important than her. Control freak.
UGH

Rome, NY

#41 Mar 28, 2013
Did all of you people who so easily accept and support this lifestyle cultivate close loving relationships with the gay people in your high schools?? Invite them for slumber parties??
American Women

Syracuse, NY

#42 Mar 28, 2013
Nooooooo wrote:
<quoted text>
I so agree.
But I have to ask this..........People can accept gay people etc.....But if you had a preference when your children were born would you choose that they be gay or straight?? Sorry, but I think if people were honest they would want their children to be straight. That is why I think the people who post live and let live and pro gay marriage etc, are just a bunch of hypocrites. I do know one woman who I think is glad her son is gay as she has convinced her husband over the course of time that his family is very close minded, so she does not have to see his family on holidays, as they always have the son and his "friends" arriving. That way she is in control of everything which she likes. She thinks only selected individuals in her husband's family know about the son being gay but in reality every member of her husband's family is well aware of it. The husband is always supporting his son, however as he does not want his family to know that his son is gay, he shoves his son in the closet!!!! And the husband claims to have accepted it. Pathetic as if he accepted it there would be no hiding it from his family. Meanwhile the son lives with his significant other but it is all kept secret. And they have made it clear to the son that the father's family is closed minded so they are not to know. Oh might I add that the father cut any gays that he knew in his past out of his life..that is until he "accepted" that his son was gay. Born again??? I don't think so. Not if you hide the realities of your son from your family. And she, the Mother, so enjoys this.....
I would be very shocked if the husbands family actually did not know their family member is gay, they probably do know and choose to look the other way or say nothing until told! The sad part of this story is...is our family is suppose to be sacred and cherished... When we need something, anything we should go to family first! Family should be most critical but loving, most judgemental but kind, and most of all caring of our feelings and loving us unconditionally! There is more to this family saga than we know, sounds like wounds that cut deep... If the father truly accepted his son he would never hide him from anyone nor would he care what anyone thinks. The father has some unresolved issues he has not delt with which in my opinion could damage this family unit further!!!! I don't know if the mother is actually glad her son is gay? It sounds more to me as she uses the issue to hide from more uncomfortable issues!!! Is anyone glad there child is gay? Probably not... Especially not at first, but I think we become tolarent of it at first and then immune to it and then comes acceptance! The Lord says if we love a person we accept their faults, however if you accept the faults, you generally don't hide the person... I think this family needs some serious counciling as a family unit then as an extended family unit!
American Women

Syracuse, NY

#43 Mar 28, 2013
Bbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheila, you must have been stiffed by a gay boyfriend....move on honey and don't hold your hatred and judgment. Sorry for you.
I do not believe this is hatred or judgement toward on group or toward "gays"... This is the future if we change certain laws!!! Please Bbo, keep your comments tactful and making sence!! This is a real subject that will effect everyone...
American Women

Syracuse, NY

#44 Mar 28, 2013
Bbo wrote:
Utica please get an education and lift your hearts.....you are part of New York.....not the backwoods of Kentucky......get over it.
Let me say I love New York and I am highly educated!!! I have a great job and work very hard to make a living... I deal with many people from all walks of life everyday!!! Having said that... With the way society is going... I would prefer the backwoods of anywhere over mainstream society!!! WHEN we take god and laws out of things we are all doomed to Chios!!! We live a certain way because of laws, rules, god... Etc... Remove one or all and well we will probably be safer in the backwoods somewhere!!!
Sheila

Camillus, NY

#45 Mar 28, 2013
See how screwed up you people are! Now why would I of ever had a gay boyfriend? Oh, maybe that was the day he decided to be straight, no gay, no straight, no gay???
Bbo wrote:
<quoted text>
American Women

Syracuse, NY

#46 Mar 29, 2013
I to did nt understand the gay boyfriend comment especially sincehe was telling us not to hold onto our hatred and judgmentyet he sounded awful hateful and judgemental to a view, a point and facts!!!
trusting

Utica, NY

#47 Mar 29, 2013
Do not believe in gay marriage!!! Civil unions maybe, but marriage, Nope!!!!!
kill yourself

Herkimer, NY

#48 Mar 29, 2013
trusting wrote:
Do not believe in gay marriage!!! Civil unions maybe, but marriage, Nope!!!!!
does not matter what you believe in. If you are not gay, then it is of no consequence to you if it is called a marriage or a civil union.

Besides, a troll like you could never find anyone who would be married to them anyway. So, moot point!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do I report the topix moderators? 2 hr Strikeslip 10
The Comets ADVANCE!!! 6 hr Here we go 1
The Comets ADVANCE!!!!!!! 6 hr Its on 1
utica mayor fires vin nesci (Dec '13) 6 hr jarome 4
suicide is the most selfish thing and a cowards... (Sep '11) 6 hr roid 57
paul randalls west side barbershop? 6 hr rever 4
Dentist 8 hr curiousme14 2
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) Thu fact check 637
More from around the web

Utica People Search