WOUR - The Joke Of Central N.Y.
Kens Toupee

Canastota, NY

#21 May 14, 2010
Publius wrote:
By all appearances, Genesee Joe is working very hard (as was Jerry Kraus when he was there) at keeping the station's local angle alive. Kudos to him for making the effort. It's just a shame that the guy is getting no help from his employer. In decades past, WOUR was "cutting edge". Sadly, the whole mainstream radio business jettisoned "edginess" for ad-driven, white-bread cynicism long ago, and now we're left with mind-numbing Rock Muzak & matching commercials spots for the 45+ demographic. Yuck.
Well said
disappointed

Rome, NY

#22 May 15, 2010
nice job wour with dickey betts, why can't utica get any decent music! bring in blues traveler, for all it matters, it would be more fun. dropkick murphys would be great, lets hope the brewery brings in good talent this summer for the concert series
Gerrie

United States

#23 May 15, 2010
We want Lady GaGa at the brewery
Little Dickey Betts

Syracuse, NY

#24 May 15, 2010
Truthteller wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one listener! With a 1.9 rating share, listen a lot because they wont be around much longer. No ratings ,no money ,no concerts and 90 year old guys taping shows on the air. Nice!
You aren't considering Little Dickey a concert are you? Did you tell him he had to climb a few stairs? oooh maybe his kid can come with him.
As for no listeners and no money? They are getting more every month now, and thank you by the way.
And Tape? Sorry Rumplstiltskin, we B digital now, you talk as old as your muzak. LOL
polypman41

Canastota, NY

#25 May 15, 2010
WOUR has good DJ's but unfortunately are stuck to some ridiculous play list that nobody is interested in. It was much better when it was the best classic and new rock. There are a million examples. i, for example am a life-long WHO enthusiast. how many tiomes< I requested something from LIVE AT LEEDS, but didn't play it. Instead they would play WHO ARE YOU which is the lamest WHO song there is. it seems they only want to play "cute" stuff or rather are forced too. There are so many more examples. If Genesee Joe or Dave from WOUR could DJ a decent station like 92.7 "The Drive", WOW, amongst the top in State! Gentleman, Listen to these comments as it reflects the true feelings of your listeners and not Arbitron or whoever else you use! BY THE WAY LISTEN TO Q107 from Toronto, to see how classic Rock can be made relevant with contests, commentary etc.. Add the best of the new stuff and WAHLA!, you have both a Hip and affluent audience.
I would be Happy

Newport, NY

#26 Jul 15, 2010
I Would Be Happy if someone from WOUR could explain truthfully why they are so repetitive
Mindy

Liverpool, NY

#27 Jul 15, 2010
I own 92.7 and even I have to admit that we have ZERO ratings.
Listen now because I am changing format REALLY soon.

“Hello all!”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#28 Jul 15, 2010
I would like it if WOUR would just stick with NOTHING BUT classic rock!! There's NOTHING better than CLASSIC rock, this new "rock" doesn't even come close to being as good. I know a lot of you disagree and think I'm stuck in the eighties, and when it comes to music, you're right, I am. To each his/her own. Everybody has their own opinion and nobody has to agree with me, I just thought I'd state mine.
UBAmoron

Clark Mills, NY

#29 Jul 15, 2010
When the hell did the "80's" become Classic Rock??? The only thing stuck on you is your head in your fat A$$

“Hello all!”

Location hidden

#30 Jul 15, 2010
UBAmoron wrote:
When the hell did the "80's" become Classic Rock??? The only thing stuck on you is your head in your fat A$$
Um, because it IS classic rock!! And why the insults? You don't agree, so now I have a "fat ass"?? And just HOW in the hell would you know that, may I ask? Also, reread my post. I said it was MY opinion, as everyone is entitled to one, and you DON'T have to agree with it! GEEZ, lighten up and quit being so rude!
Saranac

Carthage, NY

#31 Jul 15, 2010
Lisa2010 wrote:
I would like it if WOUR would just stick with NOTHING BUT classic rock!! There's NOTHING better than CLASSIC rock, this new "rock" doesn't even come close to being as good. I know a lot of you disagree and think I'm stuck in the eighties, and when it comes to music, you're right, I am. To each his/her own. Everybody has their own opinion and nobody has to agree with me, I just thought I'd state mine.
They are playing this new rock to protect themselves. It's called format specific. Playing new music by classic artists. The goal is to keep you from switching staions to hear that new Scorpions,Tom Petty, or Rush song.
UBAmoron

Clark Mills, NY

#32 Jul 15, 2010
Thats true, I'm sorry ....your FAT HAIRY A$$ you stupid MORON 80's music is not Classic rock. Now go hump your master's leg!
Ren

Cortland, NY

#33 Jul 15, 2010
UBAmoron wrote:
Thats true, I'm sorry ....your FAT HAIRY A$$ you stupid MORON 80's music is not Classic rock. Now go hump your master's leg!
Well I guess if you want to call Thin Lizzy and crusty old Rick Derringer "classic rock" have at it but that's the problem. WOUR has perfected "dry rock" which explains why their playlist and ratings are dead!
"I'm just a poor boy from a poor family"! Went out in 78 let it stay there!

“Hello all!”

Location hidden

#34 Jul 15, 2010
Ren wrote:
<quoted text>Well I guess if you want to call Thin Lizzy and crusty old Rick Derringer "classic rock" have at it but that's the problem. WOUR has perfected "dry rock" which explains why their playlist and ratings are dead!
"I'm just a poor boy from a poor family"! Went out in 78 let it stay there!
Thank you! And to UBAMoron- Bite me douchebag!:-)
Ren

Clark Mills, NY

#35 Jul 15, 2010
why do you want someone to "bite" your used douchebag??? I would think your Dad would be jealous you fatA$$ED gutter pig! Thanks for response as always! How's that 80's "classic" rock sounding lard A$$

“Hello all!”

Location hidden

#36 Jul 15, 2010
Ren wrote:
why do you want someone to "bite" your used douchebag??? I would think your Dad would be jealous you fatA$$ED gutter pig! Thanks for response as always! How's that 80's "classic" rock sounding lard A$$
It's sounding pretty DAMN GOOD!!! Are you jealous that I didn't tell you to bite me??
Ren

Clark Mills, NY

#37 Jul 15, 2010
Let me ask your husband when he finishes sucking down my load! Again THANKS!He did say you have a "fishy" smell down there......or was that your dad that told me!?!
Stonesrock

New Hartford, NY

#38 Jul 16, 2010
ROCK 107.3 is now WOUR 96.9 and it is terrible
Former OUR Parttimer

United States

#39 Jul 21, 2010
Had a part-time shift at 'OUR in the heyday mentioned. One amazing music library, somewhat free form.
It may have sounded okay, but it was a toilet for workers. Bunkfeld owned it then. The cheapskate made the eagle on coins scream.
The General Manager and PD (Dale) were both dicks. I jumped for joy when they were fired. Dale sells insurance the last I heard. An occupation he's well suited for.
Jerry Kraus was an arrogant pr**k who looked down his nose at everyone. Glad he got fired, too. Well suited to be a typical politician. Tom Starr was a pretty good guy.
A little back stage drama for the mix. Rock On!
Tony Yoken

Utica, NY

#40 Jul 21, 2010
All I know is 96.9 is bringing Dicky Betts in town tonite for FREE. YEAH baby!They are still rockin!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shootica Hours From Its First Massive Race Riot... 2 min Sen Charles Schumer 5
Not All Nazis Are Bad 6 min WW II Ones Were 28
Keeler does it again! 15 min truth 50
News 5 CNY Classes to Take to Prepare for an Apocalypse 17 min GET A JOB LOSER 9
bn SHEBOON APES TIP OVER CONFEDERATE STATUE 28 min Go home 4
who remembers 30 min miis the bar 5
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 55 min Timber 46
Stay Away from these Contractors 1 hr GHR 23
Who remembers - Leather bottle, Friar's Inn, Bo... (Aug '08) 5 hr went to cabin 238

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages