Refugee buys a Home, All Closing costs are waived

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dave

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 2, 2014
I just sold my home in Utica (Thank God ) I am signing all the paper work needed to complete the sale, I noticed paper work for buyer closing cost, Grant money payed their closing cost,
I ask what does this means, Was told that ALL Refugee are entitled to grant money for closing cost. So tax payers money
Lies

New Rochelle, NY

#2 Feb 2, 2014
Dave wrote:
I just sold my home in Utica (Thank God ) I am signing all the paper work needed to complete the sale, I noticed paper work for buyer closing cost, Grant money payed their closing cost,
I ask what does this means, Was told that ALL Refugee are entitled to grant money for closing cost. So tax payers money
You were not told this. You need a life.
Oh REally

Syracuse, NY

#3 Feb 2, 2014
Did you hear the one about the Kentucky Fried Rat?
Dave

Utica, NY

#4 Feb 2, 2014
Lies wrote:
<quoted text>
Just facts that you do not want to hear
pete the pig

New Hartford, NY

#5 Feb 2, 2014
Bulls-hit!! If it was true, then they bought a shit hole in Cornhill or west side, that no one else wanted! And it will be back on the tax base!
besides, you got yours!! Creep!

update: LIAR!!! I checked!!
In my back door

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 2, 2014
I'm Dave's boyfriend and he never ever lies! And he got a GREAT price for his Mobile Home
Dave

Utica, NY

#7 Feb 2, 2014
Lies wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/orr
Dave

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 2, 2014
In my back door wrote:
I'm Dave's boyfriend and he never ever lies! And he got a GREAT price for his Mobile Home
Refugees, successful asylum seekers, trafficking victim visa holders,“Cuban-Haitian Entrants”(which are mostly Cuban), S.I.V’s (for Iraqis and Afghanis) and other smaller humanitarian admission groups are eligible for ALL federal, state and local welfare programs 30 days after arrival.

Refugee access to welfare on the same basis as a U.S. citizen has made the program a global magnet.

The federal programs available to them include:

&#8729; Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) formerly known as AFDC
&#8729; Medicaid
&#8729; Food Stamps
&#8729; Public Housing
&#8729; Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
&#8729; Social Security Disability Insurance
&#8729; Administration on Developmental Disabilities (ADD)(direct services only)
&#8729; Child Care and Development Fund
&#8729; Independent Living Program
&#8729; Job Opportunities for Low Income Individuals (JOLI)
&#8729; Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
&#8729; Postsecondary Education Loans and Grants
&#8729; Refugee Assistance Programs
&#8729; Title IV Foster Care and Adoption Assistance Payments (if parents are &#8992;qualified immigrants – refugees, asylees, etc)
&#8729; Title XX Social Services Block Grant Funds

. Welfare use is staggering among refugees. Welfare usage is never counted by officials as part of the cost of the program. Yet, when it is included, the total cost of the refugee program soars to at least 10-20 billion a year.

As some Americans are pushed off of time-limited welfare programs many refugees are going on to life-time cash assistance programs. For instance, 12.7% of refugees are on SSI – a lifetime entitlement to a monthly check / Medicaid for elderly or disabled. This rate of usage is at least 4 times higher than the rate of usage for SSI among the native-born population and is reportedly rising from these already very high levels.

Permanent and intergenerational welfare dependence has been allowed to take hold to a significant degree in some refugee groups.
The Truthiest

Utica, NY

#9 Feb 2, 2014
Dave, no matter what anyone thinks your point is correct, why we continue to bring these people to this already economically depressed area is nuts, the people in Utica pushing to bring them here re idiots, if I as mayor I would top the flow asap.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Feb 2, 2014
If any of "you people" who refer to Refugees as "these people" were born into the type of circumstance that allows them the help they need and deserve, you would curl up and die in a corner.
Try living a day in a Refugees shoes, there but for the luck of the draw goes any one of us.
Ben Gleck

Utica, NY

#11 Feb 2, 2014
Bodhisatva wrote:
If any of "you people" who refer to Refugees as "these people" were born into the type of circumstance that allows them the help they need and deserve, you would curl up and die in a corner.
Try living a day in a Refugees shoes, there but for the luck of the draw goes any one of us.
Anew species of Americans has evolved.. " The Chicken breasted hate mongers" The only things they love are their assault rifles and that fat psychopath on the radio.
Sam

Utica, NY

#12 Feb 2, 2014
Bodhisatva wrote:
So bring them to this city, That has No job growth, Highest Sales tax in NYS, High taxes and the BEST pay out for welfare. My Grandparents got NOTHING and worked hard for everything they got, All the refugees now do is use up tax money.Send them back to there home land,

Level 7

Location hidden

#14 Feb 2, 2014
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
So bring them to this city, That has No job growth, Highest Sales tax in NYS, High taxes and the BEST pay out for welfare. My Grandparents got NOTHING and worked hard for everything they got, All the refugees now do is use up tax money.Send them back to there home land,
please see #11

Level 7

Location hidden

#15 Feb 2, 2014
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where were your Grandparents Refugees from?
Sam

Utica, NY

#16 Feb 2, 2014
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>Where were your Grandparents Refugees from?
Poland

Level 7

Location hidden

#17 Feb 2, 2014
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Poland
They were forced out? What year?
Well

Watertown, NY

#19 Feb 2, 2014
There are grants available to help with closing costs. These grants are available to ALL first time homebuyers, not just refugees. I believe you have to take some classes on responsible home ownership to qualify. It's through the homeownership center in Utica.
Don't be so bitter.
Sam

Utica, NY

#20 Feb 2, 2014
Well wrote:
There are grants available to help with closing costs. These grants are available to ALL first time homebuyers, not just refugees. I believe you have to take some classes on responsible home ownership to qualify. It's through the homeownership center in Utica.
Don't be so bitter.
Homeownership is a GRANT run only program, It dies nothing but use tax payers money.
Well

Watertown, NY

#21 Feb 2, 2014
I realize that and don't necessarily agree with it. I was just responding to the original poster that stated refugees get grants for closing. It's not just for refugees
In my back door

Utica, NY

#22 Feb 2, 2014
Dave I love you please dont hate, I know your mom was a HEAD nurse but that doesn't give you a reason or right to hate. Dave please cume in my back door

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jr Comets jerseys pathetic 19 min Mike C 4
I cannot listen to Jason Powles any longer... (May '13) 22 min aurelio bianco 193
Amy Warney 26 min Loser 3
Don't work, don't eat 28 min In A Heartbeat 35
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 48 min zoo 5,685
Big drug bust new hartford 25,000 cash money 53 min Oh no 49
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 1 hr Honest Babe 1,884
Fr. Felix Colosimo (Jan '14) 1 hr OLOTR 75
NY TRooper KURT SCHAFSTECK and Wife Ramona 2 hr And 12
Hotel Utica Closing 3 hr Cant be 4
Utica Aud 4 hr FYI 78
Utica Dating
Find my Match

Utica People Search