Why Is The Average Income So Low

Why Is The Average Income So Low

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#1 Jun 14, 2014
Why is the average income in oneida county $761 a week? I mean that doesn't even cover my mortgage.
Debt Free

Utica, NY

#3 Jun 14, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
Why is the average income in oneida county $761 a week? I mean that doesn't even cover my mortgage.
YOU have a mortgage? That's too bad. Thought you were smarter than that.
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#4 Jun 14, 2014
Supply and demand.

The average income is dictated by the number and type of jobs available.

We in this area live in a state that has the highest taxes, over the top regulation on business and a very union friendly environment. We live in a county with the highest sales tax in the state as well. These are all thinks that repel rather than attract business. Absent business there are more people competing for fewer jobs. Simple supply and demand. More workers vying for less jobs means that employers don't have to pay as much. That's why the average income is low.

The day is coming when it will go lower. That's because public sector unions like teachers and public safety are immune from the simple market forces described above. There will come a day when taxpayers will no longer be able to afford to have them immune. I predict pain and lots of it. Do a little reading about Detroit, MI, Central Falls, R.I. and Stockton, CA

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#6 Jun 14, 2014
BobbyO1967 wrote:
Riggies,
Why can't you get the simplest detail correctly -
Median household income for the County is 941 per week.
No one believes that you own a $500k home including GYNADA and NYSADA.
Even at 40% of take home pay - much too high - no one believes you're making the $1800 pre tax income in order to own such a structure.
Why do you present claims that are so easy to discredit??
By the way, calling me a crackhead has no effect on math. Then again, my Newport rental means you cannot compete with this crackhead. All things I would say to your face.
It is even worse than the other report crackhead druggie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneida_County,_N...

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#7 Jun 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
Supply and demand.
The average income is dictated by the number and type of jobs available.
We in this area live in a state that has the highest taxes, over the top regulation on business and a very union friendly environment. We live in a county with the highest sales tax in the state as well. These are all thinks that repel rather than attract business. Absent business there are more people competing for fewer jobs. Simple supply and demand. More workers vying for less jobs means that employers don't have to pay as much. That's why the average income is low.
The day is coming when it will go lower. That's because public sector unions like teachers and public safety are immune from the simple market forces described above. There will come a day when taxpayers will no longer be able to afford to have them immune. I predict pain and lots of it. Do a little reading about Detroit, MI, Central Falls, R.I. and Stockton, CA
Truth.
Drunk again

Lowville, NY

#9 Jun 14, 2014
The median income for a household in the county was $35,909, and the median income for a family was $45,341. Males had a median income of $32,194 versus $24,295 for females. The per capita income for the county was $18,516. About 9.80% of families and 13.00% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.90% of those under age 18 and 8.50% of those age 65 or over.

Whats really sad is the population decrease of 40000 in 40 years 10,000 per year. While the population of the US went up 100,000,000 in that same time.
That includes all those immigrants who come here as well.

Its a sick county.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#10 Jun 14, 2014
Drunk again wrote:
The median income for a household in the county was $35,909, and the median income for a family was $45,341. Males had a median income of $32,194 versus $24,295 for females. The per capita income for the county was $18,516. About 9.80% of families and 13.00% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.90% of those under age 18 and 8.50% of those age 65 or over.
Whats really sad is the population decrease of 40000 in 40 years 10,000 per year. While the population of the US went up 100,000,000 in that same time.
That includes all those immigrants who come here as well.
Its a sick county.
Don't use facts with uticans. They can't and won't accept reality.
Drunk again

Lowville, NY

#11 Jun 14, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't use facts with uticans. They can't and won't accept reality.
They have NO clue.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#14 Jun 14, 2014
BobbyO1967 wrote:
Riggies,
I'm sorry. Schoolchildren use Wikipedia for stats.
The rest of us use the Department of the Census.(Same Dept. that tells us you don't own a $500k home or make enough money to. Oh yeah, Commerce Dept. tells us the same thing. No wonder you shy away.)
Drunk,
That might have been the trend. It will change.
I have to point - agreeing with someone who posts 800 times a day and who also quotes himself doesn't exactly present you in the best light. That would be true regardless of what the trend was.
Nice try druggie. You have taken so much crack your brain is shot beyond belief. Keep deflecting the facts by trying to insult me and acting like your some all knowing power. You have zero idea how much I make and have zero idea how much my home is worth or even where in clifton park I live.

You're nothing but a worn out druggie loser that leases an apartment on mary st in utica.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#16 Jun 14, 2014
BobbyO1967 wrote:
Sorry Riggie,
We know exactly where you do and do not live.
Leaders in your own industry have indicated you cannot make what you claim. How little you know about your own business is amazing. Anybody who can pick up a phone can find out what I have found out.
I have my ownership here and a rental in Newport. You have no such thing. We know if you are in Clifton park, an all white no music no fashion no culture hamlet, that you rent solely.
I can post some of my timeshare deeds if I wish. You cannot do that because you are afraid someone will ask you to say something to their face. This is a task you cannot handle. Please don't make some silly claim about physical violence. Can't post a name - very unlikely to assault anyone.
Just a miserable loner trying to take credit away from good people.
Hey crackhead booby o. You talk a big game like you know everything when in fact you know nothing. There's also the fact that you owe money. Recognize any names on this list??? Lol!!!

Now head off and go smoke some more crack you druggie freak. Does total Newport or quahogs ring a bell druggie. Pay your bills mr 141 timeshare lying nobody.

http://www.elections.state.ri.us/publications...

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#19 Jun 14, 2014

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#22 Jun 14, 2014
BobbyO1967 wrote:
Riggies,
I guess I will have to post this multiple times due to your manic condition.
The fines are under appeal. If I lose I pay, if not, I don't.
Thinking you had real dirt and watching you come up empty just like the rest of your life. LOL
Pay your bills crackhead druggie! Lol!

You can babble all you want about appeals, 141 timeshares, doing good for your community. The bottom line is you are a drug addict that owes money and leases an apartment on mary street in utica. You're nothing.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#23 Jun 14, 2014
761 dollars a week wrote:
Average wage in CNY/Oneida Co works out to $761 a week.
Nothing more needs to be said. The parasite-class has made it so. Just another reason to dismi8ss CNY and upstate NY altogether!
Don't alarm them. They will just bring up the fact they renamed chicken rigatoni so they're super duper mega famous.

Oh and Crackhead Bobby O....pay your bills druggie!

http://www.elections.state.ri.us/publications...

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#26 Jun 15, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay your bills crackhead druggie! Lol!
You can babble all you want about appeals, 141 timeshares, doing good for your community. The bottom line is you are a drug addict that owes money and leases an apartment on mary street in utica. You're nothing.
Lol!
Drunk again

Lowville, NY

#28 Jun 16, 2014
BobbyO1967 wrote:
Riggies,
I guess I will have to post this multiple times due to your manic condition.
The fines are under appeal. If I lose I pay, if not, I don't.
Thinking you had real dirt and watching you come up empty just like the rest of your life. LOL
Booby I guess to see manic condition you have to see it to be it. Why would the trend change it will stay the same or get worse. You havent been around this planet to see the upward trend every else.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#30 Jun 16, 2014
BobbyO1967 wrote:
Drunk,
How many times have I admitted to being bi-polar?? So yes, that's why I can see it in its unmanaged state.
The trend changes when people work on changing it. Otherwise, you're right.
I travel pretty extensively and, because of the schools I attended, have friends literally everywhere. Being in the vacation business doesn't hurt. Therefore, when it comes to making positive change, I think I have a clue.
Why don't you pay your bills?

http://www.elections.state.ri.us/publications...
Drunk again

Lowville, NY

#32 Jun 16, 2014
Bobby you are a legend in your own mind I feel sorry for you. You think you are someone who you are not.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#33 Jun 16, 2014
Drunk again wrote:
Bobby you are a legend in your own mind I feel sorry for you. You think you are someone who you are not.
Well he's super successful and super important. He owns 141 timeshares and rents an apartment on mary street in utica. He's a self admitted bipolar crackhead druggie who owes money in Rhode Island. He always talks about his investigations and earth shattering announcements that just get laughed off and never seem to happen. He is quite dimply the quintessential utican loudmouth scum.

http://www.elections.state.ri.us/publications...

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#35 Jun 16, 2014
BobbyO1967 wrote:
Drunk,
Did you hear the news about Andrew Brindisi today??
Now that you know, you can revisit your comment. Reflection is in order. I get it. Living here has made you negative. Happens to good people.
Now is the time to get over it.
Otherwise, you'll start quoting yourself. Not good. Because you can't defend anything, you'll start name calling out of desperation. Also not good.
All I ask is that you give it some time.
Pay your bills druggie. Defend that.

http://www.elections.state.ri.us/publications...

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#37 Jun 16, 2014
FatDed Tom Lindsays Ghost wrote:
There's mo people living below poverty in the albany area that people in Utica. ROLOL
Maybe obama can send them some paint for that dump chafton.
Umm...actually there probably is because it's a considerably bigger area. Now if you talk percentage of population you couldn't be further from the truth trashy.

It's kind of like saying the utica region is somehow better than buffalo because there's less people in poverty. Well ok. I guess that makes a hick town like Brookfield better than utica I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keller 2 min Strong Arm city r... 26
Joy Behar 8 min Billy 10
Where is Olive Boy 9 min Bubba 22
Planet Fitness 34 min Toni 9
French Skaters Boob Popped Out 35 min Pierre 2
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 39 min money money 1,019
Sales girl. United auto. 53 min Curious 35
the hookers are out its warm 1 hr yeastmonster 39
Kim Strong rescue in Brookfield? 1 hr LeRoy 42
Steve DiMeo - Mohawk Valley Edge 1 hr To the light 49
Best head in Utica?!? 4 hr Giddy up 48

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages