Utica OD Publisher and 40 years

Utica OD Publisher and 40 years

Posted in the Utica Forum

notsurprised

Herkimer, NY

#1 Jan 19, 2014
Donna Donovan wrote an article about herself (again) today in the Sunday newspaper. She boasts about being there 40 years. In the opinion of many that's 40 years too long. Say what you might but over the last 10 years the paper has declined and is a disgrace to Utica.The OD didn't help local employment has the number of employees is now around 100 when it was 300. The paper is but a ghost of the past.I sure wouldn't boast about being there 40 years after seeing what the paper has become.

Reminds me of why the federal government is such a mess. Too many career folks there and it is a good reason for term limits. Similar problems seem to follow folks that stay too long.

Level 2

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#2 Jan 19, 2014
notsurprised wrote:
Donna Donovan wrote an article about herself (again) today in the Sunday newspaper. She boasts about being there 40 years. In the opinion of many that's 40 years too long. Say what you might but over the last 10 years the paper has declined and is a disgrace to Utica.The OD didn't help local employment has the number of employees is now around 100 when it was 300. The paper is but a ghost of the past.I sure wouldn't boast about being there 40 years after seeing what the paper has become.
Reminds me of why the federal government is such a mess. Too many career folks there and it is a good reason for term limits. Similar problems seem to follow folks that stay too long.
Time for the old ##### to retire (or to be fired)!!!
Double Check

Durhamville, NY

#4 Jan 19, 2014
40 years. The OD has been in a decline for 40 years. I find myself asking - why was she sooo comfortable? no desire for new challenges? used to the same ole, same ole? No growth or new challenges make you boring and narrow minded. You don't know what the heck is going on in the real world.

Why did she have to do a column about herself? If she thinks her career has been brilliant, look at the numbers and the actual content of the newspaper. Somebody needs to give her and management a big wake up call.

Level 2

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#5 Jan 19, 2014
mick stagger wrote:
How come her mug was all over the Stanley marquee? It made the place look like a pet shop.
She was the Stanley's Board President until about three years ago. They are still trying to recover from the financial decline that occurred during her reign of terror.

She might still be on the Board, but they are keeping it secret now. Go to their website and try to go to their page listing their Board members. It will give you a message saying that you need a password to see a list of their Board members.

Apparently, some of their Officers and/or Board members do not want the public to know that they are associated with the financial mess? Or maybe most of the Board has jumped ship?
ValleyWatcher

Herkimer, NY

#6 Jan 20, 2014
Too bad they have someone like Donna Donovan trying to run the newspaper(s) in the valley and Utica. She may have been good once but she has been there too long and her attitude and ideas show why there should be term limits. Under watch she took the Pennysaver, that most of us enjoyed in Utica and the surrounding communities, and destroyed it so that it no longer exists. After spending millions to buy these papers , where can you find one now? She couldn't even run weekly newspapers like the Pennysaver so what can you expect on a daily edition? I will hate to see the Utica Observer Dispatch go, but with this individual running the place it will fall in line with the Pennysaver that she or Gatehouse Media ruined. Just my own observation based on the facts and what I see at the newstand.
Fantasy world

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jan 20, 2014
That paper just needs to go out of business. I last read it over the holidays while visiting family and it quite literally is a joke and an embarrassment.
who cares

Cold Brook, NY

#9 Jan 20, 2014
They should arrest who ever runs the OD for cruelty to trees. Unless you buy that crap in a store good luck getting your paper from the people they hire delivering it. What a joke!!!
Smooth Sally

Hoosick Falls, NY

#10 Feb 16, 2014
wellimjustsaying wrote:
<quoted text>
Time for the old ##### to retire (or to be fired)!!!
It looks like she agreed with you...or hopefully she was pressured to leave due to her poor performance.
Smooth Sally

Hoosick Falls, NY

#12 Feb 16, 2014
Hey Touchole wrote:
SHUT THE FK UP!
Did somebody wake up on the wrong side of the bed this afternoon? Why such hostility?
Smooth Sally

Bliss, NY

#14 Feb 16, 2014
Hey Touchole wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! And I'm sick of the inane postings on here, so I added my own. Who cares about Donna D really???
Most of the people that ever had to work with her or lost their jobs because of her would love to see her suffer a bit. Plus all of the people that blame her for the rapid decline of the OD. Plus the people that blame her for the rapid decline of the Stanley Theater during her term as president. Plus the people that have ever had a conversation with her and had to deal with her inflated ego.
Cretin

Gouverneur, NY

#16 Feb 17, 2014
Larry Flabbermouth Joshef wrote:
She's responsible for a lot more than the rapid decline of the theater lol! She's sang the praises of the parasite line for years. It's nice to know that in 10-15 years she'll finally just be dead from some old age shyt like cancer or MS. She's left a permanent scar on the life of anyone who ever had anything to do with her phony self worth. For someone who claimed most to be in it for the children of Utica all those years her actioan speak volumes and the results of barefoot poverty stricken kids running around on drugs in CNY is just as much a part of her own legacy and phony crony reportage.
Donna Donovan the publisher of the Utica Observer doucherag and NFP cheerleader is proof there is no god. If there were someone would have shot her in the fcking head with a flaming arrow by now for what she oversaw on her phony fluffed up watch.
There is a God. Please seek Him and/ or professional help for yourself. No kidding around, please get some help for whatever it is.
lucifer

Utica, NY

#17 Feb 17, 2014
Larry Flabbermouth Joshef wrote:
She's responsible for a lot more than the rapid decline of the theater lol! She's sang the praises of the parasite line for years. It's nice to know that in 10-15 years she'll finally just be dead from some old age shyt like cancer or MS. She's left a permanent scar on the life of anyone who ever had anything to do with her phony self worth. For someone who claimed most to be in it for the children of Utica all those years her actioan speak volumes and the results of barefoot poverty stricken kids running around on drugs in CNY is just as much a part of her own legacy and phony crony reportage.
Donna Donovan the publisher of the Utica Observer doucherag and NFP cheerleader is proof there is no god. If there were someone would have shot her in the fcking head with a flaming arrow by now for what she oversaw on her phony fluffed up watch.
I accept you and can't wait until you get here. I'm busy at noon everyday, but i'll have your pineapple ready for you at 12:30. Can't wait! You make me soooo proud!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mario Pass Goes Postal Over Andrew Zimmern Visit 9 min Mario pass 2
Utica Common Council 24 min Read This 65
Vaginatucci UNHINGED! 39 min Jim Martin Design... 40
See how this is gonna work from now on Tazz low... 41 min Jim Martin Design... 6
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... (Jul '16) 42 min Jim Martin Design... 134
Nicole Mazza 44 min Rico 2
OC ADA Mike Nolan.... 45 min Jim Martin Design... 101
it is ONE person that posts all these bogus thr... 2 hr FlattenedVagVagin... 37
Slocum Urgent Care 4 hr agree 43

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages