Big layoff at Conmed, going on right ...

Big layoff at Conmed, going on right now!

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Obama

Oswego, NY

#1 Oct 29, 2009
Frosty

Central Square, NY

#2 Oct 29, 2009
Great coverage by the Utica OD I see. Lets bring this back to the top so Donna D reads it.
OD is used again

Oneida, NY

#3 Oct 29, 2009
Two days ago ConMed Chief Financial Officer was quoted in the Observer Dispatch stating emphatically that there will be no layoffs in Oneida County. At the very same time FORTY lay off notices were being printed.
ConMed has always used Donna Donovan as its bottom bitch and fed her any fabrication they wanted.
ripemapart

Ithaca, NY

#4 Oct 29, 2009
Any hot chicks that work there?
Del

Auburn, NY

#5 Oct 29, 2009
OD is used again wrote:
Two days ago ConMed Chief Financial Officer was quoted in the Observer Dispatch stating emphatically that there will be no layoffs in Oneida County. At the very same time FORTY lay off notices were being printed.
ConMed has always used Donna Donovan as its bottom bitch and fed her any fabrication they wanted.
True. Donna shovels all the shyyyt that Conmed, Saranac and Zogby sell like she's a brochure printer. That newspaper is far from credible anyway an't wait till they're all on the unemployment line and it's coming.
Nguyen

AOL

#6 Oct 29, 2009
Obama wrote:
Tell me your kidding! You know this for a fact?
Hey Moron

Auburn, NY

#7 Oct 29, 2009
What does Saranac do besides employ people and gentrify shiitty West Utica Neighborhoods? It's the demarcation line between the haves and the will take what you haves. Would you prefer Bossert's?
Not impressed

Auburn, NY

#8 Oct 29, 2009
Hey Moron wrote:
What does Saranac do besides employ people and gentrify shiitty West Utica Neighborhoods? It's the demarcation line between the haves and the will take what you haves. Would you prefer Bossert's?
Both companies pump out nesty chemicals maybe? Also if they wanted to "gentrify" the neighborhood maybe they should fix that ugly hulking rusted sign then? Wow .

Level 2

Since: Jul 08

Tully, NY

#9 Oct 30, 2009
Topix scoops the Observe-Our Disgrace, yet again;

http://www.uticaod.com/news/x884496730/ConMed...

Lies from the 25th:

http://www.uticaod.com/news/x23522659/ConMed-...

"In June of 2008, the company cut about 150 jobs locally when it transferred operations from plants in Rome and on Utica’s Broad Street to Mexico.

Shallish said the company has no plans for future cuts in Oneida County."
flapjack

Buffalo, NY

#10 Oct 30, 2009
Topix couldn't scoop a litter box..
Scoops MSM

Oneida, NY

#11 Oct 30, 2009
flapjack wrote:
Topix couldn't scoop a litter box..
Topix had the story with details a good 24 hours before either the OD or WKTV. That's the fact.
mouth

Syracuse, NY

#12 Oct 31, 2009
Every place is cutting hours,Keep sending jobs to india and china......
henry

AOL

#13 Oct 31, 2009
Corasanti has made a fortune off the backs of his low paid workers. it's called corporate welfare folks. many of his workers had to rely on foodstams and medicaid to make up the shortfall. he never paid a working wage and now with the minimum wage up a little, he moves his plants overseas and screws us again. buy american keep jobs here.
allen

Auburn, NY

#14 Oct 31, 2009
More bad news in the pipeline.
Truth

Syracuse, NY

#15 Oct 31, 2009
Scoops MSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix had the story with details a good 24 hours before either the OD or WKTV. That's the fact.
Hate to tell you this, but it was announced by conmed weeks ago.. old news to me and anyone who woks there
Former Employee

New York, NY

#16 Nov 12, 2009
There was no announcement. I am an employee who got out before I got the boot. “ I seen it coming since the first layoff in June of 08” The majority of people that got laid off were office workers from the Rome, and Broad St. plants.
No kidding

Syracuse, NY

#17 Nov 12, 2009
Former Employee wrote:
There was no announcement. I am an employee who got out before I got the boot.“ I seen it coming since the first layoff in June of 08” The majority of people that got laid off were office workers from the Rome, and Broad St. plants.
You have not seen the end yet.
Mr. Dave's plans include consolidation across the board with continued layoffs as necessary.
Get ready.
fred

Utica, NY

#18 Nov 12, 2009
Obama wrote:
did vinny florenz grt layed off????
Stepin Poo

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Nov 12, 2009
How do you like your "change" now? The coon's gotta go!
Was laid off

Oriskany Falls, NY

#20 Dec 3, 2009
Fred,

As far as I know of, Vinny is still safe. BUT, if you look to the past, ie Oneida Limited, he isn't safe for long. Seems to me that ConMed is on the fasttrack to shutting all US facilities. What took Oneida Ltd 6 years, ConMed has done in less than 1. First moving the "low maintainence" commodities to Mexico, and then a few more product lines, then a few more. Soon the whole damn company will be saying hola amigos. Gene did a great thing by starting such a good company in central NY but the biggest mistake was turning the reigns over to his money hungry son. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed working there but...let's just say, I was one happy mofo when they walked my ass out the door. The only thing that bugged me was the fact that they let go some people with 15 or more years in. That to me is just plain wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WKTV reports on stories without ever checking f... 11 min really 18
New Pizza Place fromally Masters Pizza 12 min Your Mom 5
News Local radio personality leaves K-Rock 1 hr Dan 8
rush 2 hr You Dummies 95
Bernie sanders 5 hr Bob 2
vote no on whitesboro fire consolidation 5 hr Please 11
Debate: Marijuana - Utica, NY (Aug '10) 6 hr Chato 308
Teachers need to be drug tested ! 12 hr spouting 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance