Remngtn Job Transfers - Thanks to med...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#22 May 17, 2014
Gaggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Where am I now?
Why are you in mass?

Ilion

#23 May 17, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you in mass?
Thruway headed to truck in Fulton ny

Ilion

#24 May 17, 2014
Gaggy wrote:
<quoted text>Thruway headed to truck in Fulton ny
Truck pull granby fd
Attention Aldis Shoppers

United States

#25 May 17, 2014
Relax at least you still have comets welfare hockey and fresh sewage aroma in Utica!
Fat Cats Livin High

Whitesboro, NY

#26 May 17, 2014
Safe Act my ass. They're shifting jobs south because of greed. The kind that says its ok to screw over loyal employees in the name of profit & bowing to Wall St. bean counters. Hanna & the rest can blow all the hot air that they want to. They want your vote, suckers. So vote for Hanna or whomever. See if anything changes.
ron

Utica, NY

#27 May 17, 2014
You won't be missed! Bye bye. Take your thirty jobs and your threats and leave. Good riddance!!
Attention Aldis Shoppers

United States

#28 May 17, 2014
Fat Cats Livin High wrote:
Safe Act my ass. They're shifting jobs south because of greed. The kind that says its ok to screw over loyal employees in the name of profit & bowing to Wall St. bean counters. Hanna & the rest can blow all the hot air that they want to. They want your vote, suckers. So vote for Hanna or whomever. See if anything changes.
It may be greed but investors deserve to make a buck too. Cuomo and Brindisi thought nobody would notice this one? Funny no big press releases all of a sudden. When your state is the most taxed of all 50 you can't blame it on "greed" moron it's obviously for survival. SAFE act was just the icing. Hey you voted for and accept being a liberal Dem Blue state enjoy!

Once you get out it is no longer an issue it is entertainment.
something productive

Carthage, NY

#29 May 17, 2014
We all saw it coming, what are we going to do about it. Let me be the first to say nano recall election...to get it out of the way. Really though, any ideas, I see a lot of fed up people here, lets do something.
Relax

United States

#30 May 17, 2014
Something productive = Call moving van and get out of there before you end up impoverished enriching the Friends & Family, in prison or dead.

Time flies there is no need to wait around another 15 years for "nano bananno" and wait for people like Brindisi and Cuomo to shove off or get shoved off. It's a 30 year prison economy run by corrupt Dems, it will take at last 15 to change it even slightly for the better and the NY recession and death spiral has only just begin. Get out don't make your kids curse you one day for making them live there waiting for politicians who can't even live in the sunlight to help you. You're crazy gambling the future on these proven failures.

Ilion

#31 May 17, 2014
something productive wrote:
We all saw it coming, what are we going to do about it. Let me be the first to say nano recall election...to get it out of the way. Really though, any ideas, I see a lot of fed up people here, lets do something.
First, let's pull the plug on the electricity and water and not accept any garbage from downstate. We have no leverage so we need to get their attention. Maybe after they start to stink in the dark and can't wash their dirty underwear they might be willing to negotiate
Attention Aldis Shoppers

United States

#32 May 17, 2014
Won't ever happen.

Ilion

#33 May 17, 2014
Attention Aldis Shoppers wrote:
Won't ever happen.
First sensible reply you've ever given. I teed that one up for you. Try to keep your replies to three words or less so we can understand them
Slothrop

Ithaca, NY

#34 May 17, 2014
" Remington sites in other states have been affected as well including facilities in Georgia, Minnesota, Montana, North Carolina and Utah, according to a post on the Guns & Ammo Magazine website."
Did any of those states pass gun restrictions like the SAFE Act? I don't think so. So why did Remington cut jobs there? Maybe for the same reason it cut jobs in Ilion: to save money and make more profits. There is no evidence this move had anything to do with the SAFE Act.

Ilion

#35 May 17, 2014
Slothrop wrote:
" Remington sites in other states have been affected as well including facilities in Georgia, Minnesota, Montana, North Carolina and Utah, according to a post on the Guns & Ammo Magazine website."
Did any of those states pass gun restrictions like the SAFE Act? I don't think so. So why did Remington cut jobs there? Maybe for the same reason it cut jobs in Ilion: to save money and make more profits. There is no evidence this move had anything to do with the SAFE Act.
I live in Ilion and have for 23 years. Many of my friends have worked and retired from Remington. There have been many instances over the years where the general public and employees have been on pins and needles because of the threat of Remington leaving. Most of the 'reasons' for them leaving are pretty obvious: lower wages, antiquated plant here that costs a fortune to heat and so on. There has always been a give and take between the state and local governments and Remington. While the threat has remained real there has always been an attitude that Remington is good for Ilion and New York. Not any more. The state government does not want Remington in New York. There is no room in this state for pro gun people, to paraphrase our governor. This is the first time in 200 years that this stance has been taken. There has been solid profit reasons for them to move for the past 50 years or so. They never moved although they have built facilities elsewhere. What would you do if you were told you were no longer welcome after 200 years of providing solid opportunity to generations of families in the Mohawk Valley and Ilion in particular. I bet we could hear your trunk slamming from a mile away.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#36 May 18, 2014
Fat Cats Livin High wrote:
Business is always about maximizing profits.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#37 May 18, 2014
ron wrote:
You won't be missed! Bye bye. Take your thirty jobs and your threats and leave. Good riddance!!
That's a wonderful attitude to have.
Laughable

United States

#38 May 18, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a wonderful attitude to have.
worked out so well for them so far!

Utica Lies and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#39 May 18, 2014
Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>worked out so well for them so far!
It seems to be that regions typical attitude. Everyone's "jealous" or people "can't hack" living there. Umm...ok. Lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 26 min Duuuuh 53
kait hullenbek 48 min Utica boy 4
Prostitutes on the corner of West and South str... (May '13) 1 hr Hooking up 24
Connie degennaro 1 hr watch out 1
******* Use of lethal force in your home *****... 2 hr law 1
Another local Catholic priest on leave over sex... 2 hr Damien 27
Moving To OCJ KNUCS RELOCATION SEX OFFENDER 2 hr twenty seven 7
Fitness Mill Fri LOL 22

Utica Jobs

More from around the web