CRIMINAL INVESTIGATORS
James R. Helmer, Chief Investigator
Kevin W. Revere, Law Enforcement Coordinator
Jeffrey Zammiello, Senior Investigator
Daniel R. Sullivan, Senior Investigator
Richard Ferrucci, Senior Investigator
Patrick J. O'Connor, Senior Investigator
Rebecca Beatty, Investigator

We taxpayers pay their salaries...and really now, do we honestly NEED all of these people? "Senior Investigators", my a**!! What about the police agencies? Aren't THEY supposed to investigate crimes? Why are we paying for all this crap??
Del

Auburn, NY

#2 Mar 20, 2010
Because it's Oneida County law enforcement bloat O rama. Every year the budgets got bigger for a long long timeunder the arcurious one but for all the promises and millions the crime problem beat us and them. No measurable results just etherial investigators and pensions everywhere.
George

Twinsburg, OH

#3 Mar 20, 2010
Sheesh wrote:
Here is the lineup of the DA's staff:
FIRST ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEYS
Michael A. Coluzza, Esq.,
Dawn Catera Lupi, Esq.
ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEYS
Kurt D. Hameline, Esq.
Timothy P. Fitzgerald, Esq.
Laurie Lisi, Esq.
Paul J. Hernon, Esq.
Matthew P. Worth, Esq.
Joseph A. Saba, Esq.
Grant J. Garramone, Esq.
Steven G. Cox, Esq.
Stacey L. Paolozzi. Esq.
Bernard L. Hyman, Jr., Esq.
Todd C. Carville, Esq.
Robert L. Bauer, Esq.
Michael R. Nolan, Esq.
Kurt D. Schultz, Esq.
Kara E. Wilson, Esq.
John J. Raspante, Esq.
Joshua L. Bauer, Esq.
Christopher D. Hameline, Esq.
Patrick F. Scully, Esq.
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATORS
We taxpayers pay their salaries...and really now, do we honestly NEED all of these people? "Senior Investigators", my a**!! What about the police agencies? Aren't THEY supposed to investigate crimes? Why are we paying for all this crap??
If you're in Seattle, then your not paying for any of it then are you?
Just saying

Auburn, NY

#4 Mar 20, 2010
George wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're in Seattle, then your not paying for any of it then are you?
And you are in central square so it says what is the differenceunless you just want to distract the issue rather than address it.
George

Twinsburg, OH

#5 Mar 20, 2010
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>And you are in central square so it says what is the differenceunless you just want to distract the issue rather than address it.
I live in Camden ONEIDA COUNTY. Not sure why it says Central Square. "Sheesh" in not even in the state!
munchkin

United States

#8 Mar 20, 2010
Sheesh wrote:
Michael A. Coluzza, Esq.,$107,480.00
Dawn Catera Lupi, Esq.$104,593.00
Kurt D. Hameline, Esq.$113,952.00
Timothy P. Fitzgerald, Esq.$109,832.00
Laurie Lisi, Esq.$103,680.00
Paul J. Hernon, Esq.
Matthew P. Worth, Esq.
Joseph A. Saba, Esq.$104,099.00
Grant J. Garramone, Esq.$ 95,111.00
Steven G. Cox, Esq.
Stacey L. Paolozzi. Esq.
Bernard L. Hyman, Jr., Esq.$ 84,490.00
Todd C. Carville, Esq.
Robert L. Bauer, Esq.
Michael R. Nolan, Esq.
Kurt D. Schultz, Esq.
Kara E. Wilson, Esq.
John J. Raspante, Esq.
Joshua L. Bauer, Esq.
Patrick F. Scully, Esq.
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATORS
Didn't get a chance to look up the others on seethroughny.com

WOW
Dorothy

Twinsburg, OH

#9 Mar 21, 2010
munchkin wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't get a chance to look up the others on seethroughny.com
WOW
Careful munchin, you might lose your "job" with the county!
golden oldies

Cortland, NY

#10 Mar 21, 2010
Sheesh wrote:
Dawn Catera Lupi, Esq.
Kurt D. Hameline, Esq.
Laurie Lisi, Esq.
Paul J. Hernon, Esq.
Matthew P. Worth, Esq.
Joseph A. Saba, Esq.
Grant J. Garramone, Esq.
Steven G. Cox, Esq.
Stacey L. Paolozzi. Esq.
Todd C. Carville, Esq.
Robert L. Bauer, Esq.
Michael R. Nolan, Esq.
Kurt D. Schultz, Esq.
Kara E. Wilson, Esq.
John J. Raspante, Esq.
Joshua L. Bauer, Esq.
Patrick F. Scully, Esq.
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATORS
I know its public information but I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling exposing all these names, I don't know why but thats just how I feel
Sheesh

Seattle, WA

#11 Mar 21, 2010
Not in Seattle; God bless proxies! Utica born n bred, eastchoodica forever! But why let this distract the whole point of my post? WHY do we need "DA Investigators"???? Is this not the job of the numerous PD agencies in our county? They do the work and present the evidence to the ADA's. WHY do we need so many "investigators"? Whoo hoo! We even have "SENIOR investigators"!!

How much is this costing us taxpayers for duplicated services?
Seaside summer

Auburn, NY

#12 Mar 21, 2010
Sheesh wrote:
Dawn Catera Lupi, Esq.
Kurt D. Hameline, Esq.
Laurie Lisi, Esq.
Paul J. Hernon, Esq.
Matthew P. Worth, Esq.
Joseph A. Saba, Esq.
Grant J. Garramone, Esq.
Steven G. Cox, Esq.
Stacey L. Paolozzi. Esq.
Todd C. Carville, Esq.
Robert L. Bauer, Esq.
Michael R. Nolan, Esq.
Kurt D. Schultz, Esq.
Kara E. Wilson, Esq.
John J. Raspante, Esq.
Joshua L. Bauer, Esq.
Patrick F. Scully, Esq.
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATORS
Amazing there are four "senior investigators" and only one "investigator". This can't be right can it? Or is it for the title ~ pension purposes typical to Utica's top heavey police and fire? I mean I wouldn't be suprised because most of these are government jobs here in the land of corrupt government where jobs go to friends not the qualified. The local "public safety" sacred cow that is breaking us need to be overhauled and most of this dead wood thrown out to the curb. They'll attack anyone who questions this with all their resources it's their livlyhood.
Your results speak for themselves. Not only has the tax bill for all this bull&hit multiplied 20 times in 20 years to the point we are broke and ghost-town paying for them, the crime has multiplied 100 times on their watch. These people are not efficient, they spend what they want getting what they want always telling us to pay more tax for more law and equipment but the reality is it's a top heavy no-show-results job for people who couldn't make it elsewhere in the economy. They scared you to the poorhouse to pay for it.
Josh

Utica, NY

#13 Mar 22, 2010
Sheesh wrote:
Not in Seattle; God bless proxies! Utica born n bred, eastchoodica forever! But why let this distract the whole point of my post? WHY do we need "DA Investigators"???? Is this not the job of the numerous PD agencies in our county? They do the work and present the evidence to the ADA's. WHY do we need so many "investigators"? Whoo hoo! We even have "SENIOR investigators"!!
How much is this costing us taxpayers for duplicated services?
Whats a proxy?
munchkin

Interlaken, NY

#14 Mar 22, 2010
Dorothy wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful munchin, you might lose your "job" with the county!
Wish I had a County job.
Sheesh

Seattle, WA

#15 Mar 22, 2010
Josh, just google "anonymous proxy servers" and you will learn a lot, more than I could explain. I just like to remain anonymous in every respect.

Seaside Summer, I appreciate your post and observations. Do these titles inflate salaries? What qualifications does one need in order to become a "DA Senior Investigator"? How do these positions stand vis a vis PD CID/BCI/Detective units? Are these individuals police officers, peace officers, attorneys or what? Where can we view job descriptions and qualifications regarding these positions? What are the specific duties and functions regarding these "Senior Investigator" positions?

And since the Utica and Rome PDs, OCSD and NYSP all have Investigative Divisions, WHY would the DA's office need to establish duplicate services, especially in these economic times/

Shouldn't all this information be accessible to the public? After all, they ARE public servants, or so we are told...
Seaside summer

Auburn, NY

#16 Mar 22, 2010
"Since the Utica and Rome PDs, OCSD and NYSP all have Investigative Divisions, WHY would the DA's office need to establish duplicate services, especially in these economic times?" Because they can it's that simple. The positions are discretionary to SM it's his call how many they "need" and who gets hired. Not talking out of school here but they aren't exactly a beehive of activity there. It's just another unaccountable expense taxpayers are saddled with. The cellphone and expense bills of these people alone would astound you I have seen some of the outlay there. Until the county is completely broke and besieged with pissed off taxpayers nothing will change. Hell they'll probably hire a few more. It's not like it's that easy to measure what they actually do. A lot of the time is spent on unofficial investigating people who are not really criminals just people they worry about or have personal or professional issues with. It's wste pure and simple but the media nor the populace hre will be allowed to question them on it.
"Shouldn't all this information be accessible to the public?" Yes it absolutely should and on the surface they'll tell you you can FOIA the daylight out of them but it is far too easy for them to keep a lid on actual accountability, results, expenses and what they actually spend all their time investigating there. When you hold yourself out as unassailably honest and "concerned" and a hero it makes it becomes easier to be above the law itself. You can just distract the subject and point out the foibles of those who just want to know what you are doing with the budget there and if it's truly all necessary.
The closest you could come is to find a similar community and compare the variables with their results. You won't have to look far before you realize Oneida Couty taxpayers are getting a shafting on all these sacred public safety dollars. Over and over people question our local govt. and almost invariably the same things occur.
Just look here on Topix what happens when people call into question anyone affiliated with the law or local government:
First they're told to STFU by the law.
Next the childish spellcheck insults happen. As if to say: "You can't spell so your otherwise valuable thoughts and questions are null."
Then they're assumed and insinuated a criminal by the law.
Then they are told that the law knows best.. by the law.
Then the law tries to guess who is saying what, of course the only purpose on Earth for such a quest is nonother than personal retribution.

I will continue it won't let me post all here.
Seaside summer

Auburn, NY

#17 Mar 22, 2010
Then, each instance, when finally we get through that one week moron learning curve and get them up-to-speed kicking and screaming up to the subject at hand, and we are lucky, it finally boils on up to UDN or the OD or WKTV and questions get asked.
Then they move to phase II. They lie, and the local media gives them a pass 100% invariably.
Example: Ask RoAnn Destito anything about the Savoy/Beaches Liquor contracts in the media you'll get the lie we hear time and again.
"I know it LOOKS shady but that's not the way it really is."
----------
Example: Ask Mike Arcuri about that Kristen Stiles woman and he says "she was just a girl" and no follow ups? Real media would have parked a Winnebego in his drivway full of reporters to hound him about it for weeks until all the facts were established. Here, the media went to sleep on it. Just like Oriska, just like the campaign funds Arcuri got from whatshisface there last month. There is no real accountability here they hold themselves out as the top moral authorty. Go figure!
And the local media never follows up on these things and that is the end of that.
The recipie:
Substandard people.(Never hold people accountable)
Substandard police.
Substandard government.
Substandard Media.
Add it all together with a teaspoon of sugar, shake for 20 years and what have you got? Utica/Oneida County.. or "Substandard living".
It won't change until the system is forced to collapse and be reset. Help with the collapse!
LuckyDay

Syracuse, NY

#18 Apr 6, 2010
This is all so funny to read. The DA does not control the individual police departments. He is elected by the people of the County. The investigators investigate cases that are not otherwise handled by other police agencies for a number of reasons. Lastly, everyone should take a step back and consider the amount of work and time that goes into preparing for a criminal trial. The police never hand over a case ready for trial. The DA investigators are the ones that pick up the ball and carry it over the goal line.
LuckyDay

Syracuse, NY

#19 Apr 6, 2010
As for the lawyers in the office, has anyone looked at the amount of time each ADA works in a given week for no extra pay, no overtime. Have you looked at what we pay them? Pennies on the dollar when you factor in the cost of a law degree. Frankly, I don't know how most of these young DA's make it.
NKB

Syracuse, NY

#20 Apr 6, 2010
I know how these DA's make it... They go see and hear my band idiots! I am the best singer in all of the known universe (and most likely the unknown universe) I like to jump onto threads that have nothing to do with me. Pay attention to me! Listen to my band. We're the best band since the Beatles or Rolling Stones. We're better composers than Bach or Mozart too!

Long live the Nancy Kenyon Band!!
golden oldies

Cortland, NY

#21 Apr 6, 2010
Seaside summer wrote:
Then, each instance, when finally we get through that one week moron learning curve and get them up-to-speed kicking and screaming up to the subject at hand, and we are lucky, it finally boils on up to UDN or the OD or WKTV and questions get asked.
Then they move to phase II. They lie, and the local media gives them a pass 100% invariably.
Example: Ask RoAnn Destito anything about the Savoy/Beaches Liquor contracts in the media you'll get the lie we hear time and again.
"I know it LOOKS shady but that's not the way it really is."
----------
Example: Ask Mike Arcuri about that Kristen Stiles woman and he says "she was just a girl" and no follow ups? Real media would have parked a Winnebego in his drivway full of reporters to hound him about it for weeks until all the facts were established. Here, the media went to sleep on it. Just like Oriska, just like the campaign funds Arcuri got from whatshisface there last month. There is no real accountability here they hold themselves out as the top moral authorty. Go figure!
And the local media never follows up on these things and that is the end of that.
The recipie:
Substandard people.(Never hold people accountable)
Substandard police.
Substandard government.
Substandard Media.
Add it all together with a teaspoon of sugar, shake for 20 years and what have you got? Utica/Oneida County.. or "Substandard living".
It won't change until the system is forced to collapse and be reset. Help with the collapse!
Gee I hope you got out intime!
State employee

United States

#22 Apr 6, 2010
Sheesh wrote:
Josh, just google "anonymous proxy servers" and you will learn a lot, more than I could explain. I just like to remain anonymous in every respect.
Seaside Summer, I appreciate your post and observations. Do these titles inflate salaries? What qualifications does one need in order to become a "DA Senior Investigator"? How do these positions stand vis a vis PD CID/BCI/Detective units? Are these individuals police officers, peace officers, attorneys or what? Where can we view job descriptions and qualifications regarding these positions? What are the specific duties and functions regarding these "Senior Investigator" positions?
And since the Utica and Rome PDs, OCSD and NYSP all have Investigative Divisions, WHY would the DA's office need to establish duplicate services, especially in these economic times/
Shouldn't all this information be accessible to the public? After all, they ARE public servants, or so we are told...
The FOIL -freedom of information act-look up the exact details, but all public agencies are mandated by the federal government to funish any and all information upon written request (as long as it doesn't place public or employees in jeopardy). Try to request info at the County level first, then if it doesn't work, go to www.ny.gov and find Freedom of Info Request page. Info is free, however furnished copies may be at requestor's expense. Good luck and let's hear your results!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All-Star Game NOT Sold Out 10 min ChickenMan 1
mary pickles 17 min Wow 2
Utica is too busy for All-Star Game 29 min Albany stench 2
Dallas have up his family like a hot potatoe 29 min Hevver 7
Nomination for Undercover Boss (Jun '12) 34 min jackson 38
Dallas has five kids he doesnt take care of?? 34 min Shrink Advisor 1
Casual SEX women only who agrees, no strings (Apr '11) 5 hr jackhammer 42
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 9 hr karen51 501
listen to the teachers whining 10 hr EZ-Pass Teaching 54
Sheldon Silver Arrested by FBI Today 13 hr joyce 35