Hannah 15th richest Congressman donat...

Hannah 15th richest Congressman donates salary during shutdown.

Posted in the Utica Forum

Rep and Dems suck

New Hartford, NY

#1 Oct 5, 2013
Wow, how nice of him. This is news. While the rich get richer,the poor get poor and the middle class takes it in the a^*.
Steve

Ardsley, NY

#2 Oct 5, 2013
Rep and Dems suck wrote:
Wow, how nice of him. This is news. While the rich get richer,the poor get poor and the middle class takes it in the a^*.
Hanna's earned every penny he's made. You should try it.
Reps and dems suck

New Hartford, NY

#3 Oct 5, 2013
I'm glad he made money. However,to try to get public relations out of complete and utter incompetence of our congress doesn't solve the problem. I don't think it's news worthy. I rather see him discussing ways in which his party can work with the other party. That would impress me more.
Also, I want to point out that are political system is completely out of hand. Only the rich can become politicians this is becoming the norm and I believe to be a big problem. Plus, the majority have safe districts and no opponents.
So, instead of trying to gain Public Relation for a mess that his party helped to create , I want to know which democrats he is working with to solve our problems. That should be the front page story and not a PR gimmick.
henry

Clinton, NY

#4 Oct 5, 2013
I would like to know what he did for this area except playpolitics in the safe zone.Oh he shows up for the farmers to keep them happy but look at our slummy cities around here. He is an amateur but sly at the same time. Like a bohlert he will survive as we die on the vine.He will go off in the clear blue yonder probably get a train named after him, and some other hand picked republican will take his place.
Reps and dems suck

New Hartford, NY

#5 Oct 6, 2013
Steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Hanna's earned every penny he's made. You should try it.
That type of arrogance is insulting. To think no one else on here earned every penny they made.

To make headlines and sprinkle your pay to a charity while the government is shut down and millions are held as pawns in a political chess match is again arrogant and insulting. It's a PR stunt and nothing more. It was a bad suggestion who ever came up with the idea. It's a slap in the face to peoples intelligence.

I'm sure Congressman Hannah made is money by being a good negotiator and business man. I'm not saying don't give money to charities. What I'm saying is show leadership through compromise. That's what leaders do. This country is desperate for leadership on both sides of the aisle.

Please lead congressman and no more gimmicks.

he is ok

Hamilton, NY

#6 Oct 6, 2013
Give the guy a break. As far as politicians go I actually like the guy. He may be rich but he is very down to earth. He works hard and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He worked to earn everything he has. He is not some ivy league entitled snob who has no idea what its like to work hard and deal with everyday struggles. He can relate to the people he represents. As far as helping farmers, he should, when they struggle we pay more for food and milk, helping them helps us.
Reps and dems suck

New Hartford, NY

#7 Oct 6, 2013
he is ok wrote:
Give the guy a break. As far as politicians go I actually like the guy. He may be rich but he is very down to earth. He works hard and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He worked to earn everything he has. He is not some ivy league entitled snob who has no idea what its like to work hard and deal with everyday struggles. He can relate to the people he represents. As far as helping farmers, he should, when they struggle we pay more for food and milk, helping them helps us.
I never said he was a bad congressman. I'm saying during this time of shut down it was not the message that I wanted to hear. The headline was Hannah donates salary during shutdown. It was a public relations stunt and not governing or leadership. Am I the only one that feels this way?
Sad But True

Albany, NY

#8 Oct 8, 2013
Rep and Dems suck wrote:
He's a scum bag liar who will cave with the rest of the 20 or so weak-kneed Republicans and side with the Dems on the CR. He's not to be trusted....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
prostitution 29 min Bull 21
State Audit proves Comets Aud is a scam operation. 3 hr Hog and phony show 558
rob esche getting divorced 3 hr Scam Man 145
Utica now: "UtiKunta" due to White ]\[iqqer inf... 3 hr Truth 2
How many "Nano Factories" in Utica? 3 hr STILL ZERO FOOLS 135
The Utica Tower (Feb '14) 3 hr Downs and Out in UT 18
Who is Lars Tetens (Apr '10) 3 hr Fortunate 30
Turning stone 7 hr Damn Indians 50

Utica Jobs

More from around the web